What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Malawi - limited edition

StrongTree

Hi StrongTree,

Seems the flower top in the first pic of your latest post is trying to ripe quite fast, most probably due to cold temps in flowering. The lower parts of the plant seem look like still want to reflower, so try to provide her constant warm temps, a good PK feeding regime and hopefully she will continue producing new reflowerins to finally produce a bigger yield.
thanks Dubi... thats true she has been in a cool room....due to KC and crosses finishing at the same time...i will get her warmed up and give a good shot of PK:tiphat:

StrongTree

looking a little better already...3-4 weeks more...i'm not sure perhaps the early pistil die-off is due to an accidental polination / and / or herm inducement...still not sure what happened....but something definitely did (just collected 3 small but mature seeds from my zam kc that was in the same tent...also cold temps have been rectified and it is more tropical in there again and i can see how the panmalawi and the HazeKC regained positive flower development....
this plant reminds me alot of my long helg supersilverhaze cut... (mr nice) aquired 2003 and it had already been going for a while...anyhow..this Panama Malawi has alot of qualities that old cut used to posses ....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

damien50

Just ordered a batch of these from seedsman. Never smoked or grown a sativa before but I kept hearing Ace was the sativa breeder to go with.

StrongTree

panama malawi - 60 days...3-4 weeks until harvest...plan is one more pk feed this week to see what else we can squeeze,,, then water for a 2 weeks.... sugar leaves are mostly yellow... so hopefully not too much N...

heat light and PK were all increased...it's well oiled already plenty of cloudy trichs...white pistils are slow but still popping up..her off spring cuts are now a foot tall and thriving...from what i have seen so far i look forward to flowering them... sampled a few nibbbles of the lowers branch... rather stoney stuff....very nice!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hogni

I'm an old stoner (lost my canna virginity in '73) desperately seeking for the diversity and special effects of the old landraces/varieties. The homogenization of contemporary polyhybrids is resulting in more and more boring varieties esp. regarding so-called Sativas and Hazes. Nothing I know what can compare with the landrace/Haze varieties from the 70/80ties.
So I found my way to AceSeeds in the hope to get the real things. I just bought Palawi, Malama, Malawi, GT, OrExNam and Negus Haze (Bangi Haze x Ethiopian) and got some free Tropical Mix, but ordered OE ;-). Descriptions at least sound like all I want to find in Sativas from euphoric motivation to trippy raciness. I really hope the hype is real.

Yesterday I seeded 6 OrExNam (hope I'll find a heavy yielding keeper with good effects and flavour) and 2 Negus Haze and 2 Malama for personal stash.

To @Dubi and all growers experienced with the Palawi a/o Malama

Any recommendations regarding feeding/EC values during the grow?
How do the Palawi and Malama react to topping/pruning?

@Dubi, I'll visit the Spannabis this year. Any hope to meet you there?

StrongTree

Hi Hogni
i grew my first panama x malawi here from seed. I topped early and flowered soon after...stretch was was not excessive at all...in fact as this one ripens she sits upon a crate to add some height. i will be a little more adventurous with her clones in terms of height and veg time.

canna.ballistic

I popped a Panama x Malawi during the middle of December (a late start for the southern hemisphere, but unavoidable due to various circumstances).

Transplanted outside into the ground at the start of January ... she has been subject to very hot and humid conditions since then (although very little rain), but has soldiered on without any issues. Now just over 5 foot tall, and currently stretching almost a foot a week ... just starting to show some pistils within the buds, so maybe another week or two of stretch.

Reasonably dark green leaf (especially compared to other plants near her) ... pretty large broad fan leaves early on, but recent leaves are a lot more narrow looking (although still large). Good strong stems, and nice branching.

Stem smells are presently sweet oily and woody ... actually reminds me of myrrh !! Although they were more fruity a fortnight ago.

No idea whether she is a Malawi or Panama pheno ... need to find time to go and review a few threads to check photos of the parents.

First two photos are from the start of the month (three weeks ago)
picture.php
picture.php

Second two photos are from a few days ago (plant about 9 weeks old)
picture.php
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi StrongTree,

She looks very ripe 2 weeks later, probably the colder temps during flowering have speed up her maturation process, so at this point i would recommend you to stop feeding, start flushing .... i think she will be ready (at least some parts of her) in 10-14 days after this last post of yours. Follow your intuition and choose a peak of strong terpene production for harvest time.

panama malawi - 60 days...3-4 weeks until harvest...plan is one more pk feed this week to see what else we can squeeze,,, then water for a 2 weeks.... sugar leaves are mostly yellow... so hopefully not too much N...

heat light and PK were all increased...it's well oiled already plenty of cloudy trichs...white pistils are slow but still popping up..her off spring cuts are now a foot tall and thriving...from what i have seen so far i look forward to flowering them... sampled a few nibbbles of the lowers branch... rather stoney stuff....very nice!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Hogni :)

Yes, like every year ACE Seeds will be attending Spannabis fair with our own booth, it will be a pleasure to meet you all there in person during the event.

If you are tired of the same kind of effects and terpenes of current kush polyhybrids, and you are looking for prime quality sativa effects that remind you of the best sativa smokes of your youth then i think you are here in the right place :yes. You can make your own judgement about our genetics and work after experiencing them from first hand experience. Plants speak by themselves. But i think you surely will enjoy with the different sativa effects that you will find in our sativa strains like Malawi, Panama, Orient Express or Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, they are all great choices! ;)

From the growing tips stated in the official strain description at our website:

Malawi x Panama: We recommend soft-moderate NPK levels for the growing stage (being careful with the nitrogen), then increase the feeding to moderate-high levels of nutrients for the flowering.

Panama x Malawi: We recommend moderate levels of nutrients for the growing stage, and high for the flowering.

The most suitable specific EC levels not only depend on the strain, but also greatly on the specific individual and the growing conditions, that's why we don't state them so precisely and let the growers follow our overall recommendations wisely, considering each situation and each plant.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful outdooor Panama x Malawi canna.ballistic :)

Looks more Malawi dominant to me, but let's wait to see her flowering traits.
You are still on time to top her to improve a bit her yield on lateral branches.
Best wishes for the flowering!

canna.ballistic

A quick update on my Panama x Malawi growing outdoors ...

She has been in stretch mode growing about a foot a week, and is now just over 7' high. Starting to properly head, so I expect the growth rate to slow down soon, and for the plant to start putting on weight.

A very well behaved and vigorous girl, so far !!

A couple of photos from today ...
picture.php
picture.php

Betterhaff

Veteran
Nice looking plant. That would have been a good candidate for bending, maybe a little late now because she’s going to start putting on weight.

I should be growing some of her cousins soon. Edit..looks like sooner than I thought, muchas gracias amigos.

canna.ballistic

Panama x Malawi girl doing her stuff ... finished stretching at about 8' ... now just over 5 weeks into flowering, and starting to stack a bit of weight onto her buds ... no problems whatsoever to date with the grow, although the next month is always the challenge here due to heavy dews and ongoing showers, especially as those buds look like they will get pretty fat.

Interesting aromas keep getting emitted from this girl ... had a nice spicy cedar initially, which changed to a sweet delicate rose water a couple of week ago ... and then last week it was an intoxicating bubblegum (I have never heard of a bubblegum Malawi, so I am assuming that is the Panama coming through ??) !! Anyway, I'm sure the terp profile will keep evolving over the coming weeks ...

picture.php

picture.php

b8man

Veteran
Pictures look amazing Canna.ballistic. Think you'll be very happy with those.

I've been smoking PanaMal every day for a while now and it's still my favorite (and is getting better with age). Depression, anxiety, stress all completely dissolved over the last few months and it feels like more than a correlation. It's been so good that for the first time in my 20 years of growing I'm running the same strain two years running. So the remaining three seeds were germinated (so 100% germ!) and will be put into flowering in a week or so. Thanks again Ace for such a quality product.

I adore everything about this strain!

canna.ballistic

Hey b8man, thanks for the kind words :)

Great to hear you found a PanaMal which gives you a constructive positive relationship to life. There have been some great reviews on this strain (including yours), and I am looking forward to sitting on my verandah one evening in the future, and sampling what the PanaMal has to offer !!

I've been smoking PanaMal every day for a while now and it's still my favorite (and is getting better with age). Depression, anxiety, stress all completely dissolved over the last few months and it feels like more than a correlation. It's been so good that for the first time in my 20 years of growing I'm running the same strain two years running. So the remaining three seeds were germinated (so 100% germ!) and will be put into flowering in a week or so. Thanks again Ace for such a quality product.

robotwithdreams

Veteran

Thanks for sharing your experience with the plant. Nice to find a strain with just the right cannibinoid, terpene, etc., profile that fits perfectly with your own body chemistry.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely StrongTree,

Congrats on your Panama x Malawi harvest :tiphat: she is without any doubt a Panama pheno with those unmistakable central american sativa flowers. You are trying so many different ACE strains that i'm very curious to know which ones are your favorite :)

I rate Panama x Malawi and Panama x Bangi Haze very highly as tamed sativas of prime quality effects and terpenes.

Panama Malawi done !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi canna.ballistic,

She looks chunky after 5 weeks of flowering. Your description of her terpene profile sounds like she is siding more towards the Panama side regarding terpenes.

Hope she did well during the upcoming weeks of flowering with the more unstable weather. Please, keep us updated about how she is finishing whenever you have the chance.

Panama x Malawi girl doing her stuff ... finished stretching at about 8' ... now just over 5 weeks into flowering, and starting to stack a bit of weight onto her buds ... no problems whatsoever to date with the grow, although the next month is always the challenge here due to heavy dews and ongoing showers, especially as those buds look like they will get pretty fat.

Interesting aromas keep getting emitted from this girl ... had a nice spicy cedar initially, which changed to a sweet delicate rose water a couple of week ago ... and then last week it was an intoxicating bubblegum (I have never heard of a bubblegum Malawi, so I am assuming that is the Panama coming through ??) !! Anyway, I'm sure the terp profile will keep evolving over the coming weeks ...