What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vote No to to legalization before it is too late, or is it already?

shaggyballs

Veteran
This is a perfect example of what is happening and a good reason to reconsider legalization.
BTW he is talking about FLA.
This state pisses me off so bad. First they fuck me out of being able to legally compete in this marketplace even though I would do way better for way cheaper and sustainably at that. Then they allow all these out of state companies to come buy up the industry. Wtf for real. Way to ruin the local economy retards. All that money leaving the state instead of being spent here. Poor people are dying and need relief and all these greedy pieces of shit wanna take their last dollar. If we got what we voted for poor terminal people would get theirs free from me. Instead in this state run by republican free market hypocrites we have no free market just corporate handouts. They will throw you and prison and take your property if you are poor and produce your own medicine. These politicians need to be thrown in the ocean 30 miles out with cinder blocks chained to their ankles.

St. Phatty

Re-Legalization =

* The right to grow your own.

* The right to breed Cannabis, which means the right to possess quantities of seeded buds.

* The right to engage in Commerce, i.e. selling the fruits of your labors.

All described in one of our nation's founding documents, "The Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

In short, a return to the time period 1776 to approx. 1930 (in the US.), when Cannabis was legally prescribed by American doctors (along with Opiates and derivatives of Cocaine.)

(If Legalization of all drugs is so terrible, how did the US survive its first 154 years ?)

I'm not advocating that Cannabis users push for legalization of Opiates & Cocaine, that's too much for the US gov. to swallow, too much change at once. But we should be honest about our own nation's history.

shaggyballs

Veteran
picture.php

shaggyballs

Veteran
If you are in a state that is considering legalization read up and vote for a constitutional amendment to the states constitution or lose your personal growing rights.

Coprorate cannabis sees you as the competition.
Stay informed!

shaggyballs

Veteran
Legalization is here and Big Ag is ready to move in and own it all!
We need to be more aware of what is going on everyday.
We need to share information with each other more than ever.

Not my quote but a good one!

Moving Forward as a Community

To the community at large:
We need to take a moment right now.
We need to assess, to reflect, to adapt and overcome.
There are clearly some mammoth changes coming our way and everything our predecessors have fought and died for is being coveted and actively taken from us by greedy businesspeople who did nothing to help our plight when it really mattered.

As a community, we need a common legal language and framework that breeders can use to protect their work.

We need a scientific community that’s open source, fully transparent and works for everybody equally.
We need to support this with personal research, communication and our dollars.

shaggyballs

Veteran
It may be too late for us all already.

Please keep in mind that all this 'Regulation', and 'Fair??? Taxation', is but a smoke screen to hold our attention while the Corporations and the Rich, continue to collect the remaining assets.

Our Congress has been bought out by the Rich.

Hell, it's so blatant that 'insider trading' is not an issue (for a Congressman).

Now the door is opened and big AG is moving in.
Gonna be hard to stop big AG now!

shaggyballs

Veteran
Here in Oregon we made it an outright crime for those below the age of 21. Before that it was a traffic ticket or pull it out throw it away.

When people say "legalization" that feels hollow......it is a narrow exemption of the law, not a true legalized bill.....

And...edit. A group of people who were part of legalizing for Oregon have heavy connections to the Phylos bullshit, like Pruf Cultivar.
So it would be far to say that Big Ag has an intermediary on legalization bills thru these type of groups. Watch the f out if you take this kind of things seriously.

Does anyone one else see big AG helping to form the new cannabis laws?

kamyo

Veteran
I don't see the problem being legalization. The problem is big business using their friends in high places to corner the market. I wouldn't be growing if it was still illegal here so I'm 100% for legalization.

But what's the alternative? Keeping it illegal, watching who you say what to at the garden store? Simple decriminalization? I don't see a better alternative than this.

It 100% sucks that big money will make tons off of cannabis, while the little guys barely scrape by. But I don't see that as a problem with legalization itself. I see that as a capitalist/lobbyist problem. But hey, microbreweries have never been more popular, so I don't see our craft going out of style any time soon.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see the problem being legalization. The problem is big business using their friends in high places to corner the market. I wouldn't be growing if it was still illegal here so I'm 100% for legalization.

But what's the alternative? Keeping it illegal, watching who you say what to at the garden store? Simple decriminalization? I don't see a better alternative than this.

It 100% sucks that big money will make tons off of cannabis, while the little guys barely scrape by. But I don't see that as a problem with legalization itself. I see that as a capitalist/lobbyist problem. But hey, microbreweries have never been more popular, so I don't see our craft going out of style any time soon.
And how many of the micro brewers could afford a $250,000 licensing fee to start up? Oh, you want to brew more than 100 gallons? That'll be a $500,000 check instead.

With these laws, there is no "little guy scraping by". It's just illegal growers doing what we've been doing for years, risking life, limb, and freedom for a plant we love.

I'll never vote for legalization unless it becomes a part of our constitution like CO did.

kamyo

Veteran
And how many of the micro brewers could afford a $250,000 licensing fee to start up? Oh, you want to brew more than 100 gallons? That'll be a $500,000 check instead.

With these laws, there is no "little guy scraping by". It's just illegal growers doing what we've been doing for years, risking life, limb, and freedom for a plant we love.

I'll never vote for legalization unless it becomes a part of our constitution like CO did.

Point taken. Again, I don't think it's legalization itself, but those writing the laws and those essentially bribing the lawmakers. A law like that? Absolutely, vote no. My point, though, is that legalization isn't an inherently bad thing that must be voted down.

But with legislation like that, I don't know if I'd vote Yes. Unless, of course, I got tired of fighting.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your personal growing rights.

Coprorate cannabis sees you as the competition.

This truth took me a long time to face up to. But, the fact is cannabis is very easy and inexpensive to grow huge quantities (outdoors). Follow a few simple rules, and your product will be absolutely top shelf, probably better than what big AG can even supply. I'm just preaching to the choir with this, I know, but still it bear repeating. Those points do make our home grow the biggest big threat to corporate cannabis.

doing what we've been doing for years, risking life, limb, and freedom for a plant we love.
Since I've been on the GWF podcast, I've heard from many skilled younger growers who are profoundly thankful for the work us old warriors did over the last 5 decades. They say stuff that just makes me SO proud! Our work was not in vain, the community does recognize and thank us. They absolutely love the plant as much as we have and as far as I can see, will continue to fight the good fight not only for reasons of their own, but to defend our honor as well.

White Beard

- an immediate national moratorium on cannabis-related arrests, where cannabis is THE infraction

- the immediate release of all cannabis felons who have served a year or more

- the immediate descheduling of cannabis

- the expungement of cannabis centered arrests and prosecutions from criminal records

- an apology to the public and to cannabis users for the damage done by bad law

- a nullification of laws, state and federal, that are based on prohibition law or logic

- essential freedoms: to grow and use, to gift and share, to sell privately, to sell publicly as a pure product

shaggyballs

Veteran
- an immediate national moratorium on cannabis-related arrests, where cannabis is THE infraction

- the immediate release of all cannabis felons who have served a year or more

- the immediate descheduling of cannabis

- the expungement of cannabis centered arrests and prosecutions from criminal records

- an apology to the public and to cannabis users for the damage done by bad law

- a nullification of laws, state and federal, that are based on prohibition law or logic

- essential freedoms: to grow and use, to gift and share, to sell privately, to sell publicly as a pure product

Well this would just be fantastic, will it ever happen?

covert

Legalisation should not have to be enacted for cannabis.

Illegalisation by law should simply be entirely deleted from all statutes and cannabis should be then at whatever law the state pr government enacts for tomatoes or carrots.

Simple.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Legalisation should not have to be enacted for cannabis.

Illegalisation by law should simply be entirely deleted from all statutes and cannabis should be then at whatever law the state pr government enacts for tomatoes or carrots.

Simple.

I thought it was pretty simple myself.

But I have been met with a large amount of adversity when saying this exact thing.

I don't get it either.
Seems folks are good with the whole corporate cannabis take over.
Don't they know it is not going to get better.
In fact when syngenta gets their foot in the door it may very well be game over.

Lots of money and power to throw around.
You know how those big dogs work.