What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow Moon

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This is a long time favorite of mine. She never looks like the pictures, never has had the incredible sugar covered flowers, but each time I grow her the aromas are amazing. The last one had a wonderful smell of sweet melon mixed with a little bit of musk. She is quite potent too. I have a small one outdoors this summer.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Don't pay attention to all that weed around (not the smokable one), I should really stay away of my Tikal jars and pick up a hoe... Soil hasn't been dry for a while though, not really a good time for weeding these days.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SM_out_2019_02.jpg
    SM_out_2019_02.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 43

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Looks way less like shit than before, damn I hate weeding...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SM_out_2019_03.jpg
    SM_out_2019_03.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 41
  • SM_out_2019_04.jpg
    SM_out_2019_04.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 41
  • SM_out_2019_05.jpg
    SM_out_2019_05.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 43

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks TexasTea :wave:

I'm glad to hear you rate Snow Moon among your favorite ones. You have tried so many ACE strains that your opinion is always greatly appreciated :)

Good luck with Snow Moon this outdoor season! :ying:

This is a long time favorite of mine. She never looks like the pictures, never has had the incredible sugar covered flowers, but each time I grow her the aromas are amazing. The last one had a wonderful smell of sweet melon mixed with a little bit of musk. She is quite potent too. I have a small one outdoors this summer.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984 :)

Your 4 Snow Moon seem to be enjoying a lot their outdoor location, and they are growing quite fast in your updates.
Looking forward see your results with them ! Best wishes and good job also on the weeding ;)

Edit: typo failure

Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Snow Moon mate, not Violeta :)

Secondary branches are starting to develop better now, and still getting taller.

I made some cuts from my mother plant to run some indoor after Ace Mix, so I should taste some before those outdoor ones are harvested. I do hope they will handle the heat better...

Hi BenoitV1984 :)

Your 4 Violetas seem to be enjoying a lot their outdoor location, and they are growing quite fast in your updates.
Looking forward see your results with them ... Violeta is a great and safe choice for your climate.
Best wishes and good job also on the weeding ;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
So looks like she's dying... I guess she didn't like the transplant very much :(

Long story short... My neighbour threatened to kill my cat because he woke him up at night. There was violence, there was fight, there was blood. Then I filed a complaint to the cops, he threatened to sell me up for my plants. So I had to destroy 5 of them and I transplanted one Snow Moon and my only reveged Malawi PCK elsewhere. Kinda pissed because those 4 were damn fuckin beautiful, and now the only one I kept is slowly dying :(

Attachments

• Karmas OG
    Karmas OG
    194.1 KB · Views: 72

CowboyTed

Feels better now, back in the garden :)

View Image

I'm sorry to hear about the neighbor troubles. I hope the rest of your crop thrives, if only to spite your rotten neighbor!

You're making me appreciate living in a legal state. The snow moon in my outdoor garden is thriving, and I can't wait to taste her!

Thankfully, I'll get to taste her earlier than the rest of the garden: the rest are all tropical sativas, so I'll be waiting around until October/November to harvest them, and December for samples.

I wonder when the Snow Moon will begin flowering outdoors at 40 degrees North?

BenoitV1984

Veteran
The neighbour is gone to psychiatric hospital and cancelled the renewal of his lease at end of the month... I guess the alcohol/ketamine/weed/... cocktail wasn't working very well for his brain.

So no bad vibes anymore and they thrive all right :)

CowboyTed

Maybe this girl will chase the bad vibes away: Snow Moon growing outdoors in Colorado.

picture.php

She has grown tremendously in the past few weeks. I'm thinking she may need a taller cage soon! She's now roughly four feet tall and has about ten main branches reaching skyward. I'll be thrilled if she gives me ten nice colas!

I've been watching her for signs of flowering. She's the only indica in my garden, and she's likely to be the first to start flowering.

CowboyTed

Mine's not flowering yet at 39 degrees North. I'm also at 7000 feet, so altitude might play into flowering onset dates.

My Snow Moon girl is thriving in her new cage, though. She's on the left in this photo, with Bangi Haze x Ethiopian on the right. Snow Moon passed six feet tall today.

picture.php

Bleiweis

Veteran
CowboyTed

it's interesting how you squeeze her in the cage. So you basically prevent her from growing into a bush? You're going more into the cylindrical shape? Can you describe what you're trying to acomplish a bit? Does caging her like that increase the chance of mold?

CowboyTed

CowboyTed

it's interesting how you squeeze her in the cage. So you basically prevent her from growing into a bush? You're going more into the cylindrical shape? Can you describe what you're trying to acomplish a bit? Does caging her like that increase the chance of mold?

I'm afraid the photo I posted of the plant in its new cage gave you an incorrect impression. I took the photo of the plant , looking uncomfortable while squeezed into her new cage, before I started training the branches outward through the holes in the wire. After I finished adding the cage, most of the side branches had been pulled through the wire, while only the main, tallest branches stick out the top. After adding the cage, the plant didn't look much different than before I added it.

No doubt, it would increase the chances of mold if I had left the whole plant squeezed into the wire cage like I photographed it. But after training the larger side branches through the wire, I removed all the bud sites and small branches inside the cage, so there should be no flowers forming inside the cage to mold. In truth, mold isn't much of a problem in Colorado: our air is so dry that mold is very rare in our outdoor grows. We tend to get very little rain in the fall, when the flowers start to form.

I added the wire cage mostly to protect the plant from high winds, which are common here, and also to provide support for the heavy colas I hope the plant will give me.

She's not nearly as uncomfortable in the cage as she looked in that photo. I wouldn't treat my girls that way except for a few minutes, for a funny photo. I'm glad it made somebody scratch their head in puzzlement. :biggrin:
The column-like shape of this plant is her doing, not mine. She started as a re-vegged clone, with about ten branches. Roughly half of those branches grew tall and are now over six feet, sticking straight out the top of the wire cage. I'm wondering if I'll need to add a second cage. I sure didn't expect the Snow Moon to be among the bigger plants in my grow, but so far it appears to be keeping pace with a bunch of tropical sativas. The other five plants in my outdoor garden this summer are Malawi, Panama, Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger and Bangi Haze x Ethiopian. Snow moon is as impressive as any of them.

Well, maybe the Zamaldelica is more impressive, but only because I force-flowered her, so she's already in full bloom, with thirty or more colas that are already bigger than a soda can, and six or more weeks left to grow bigger and mature:

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts