What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

hayday

Veteran
Wow mouse, your country make my country seem like city.My well is broke too though:/
I was actually leaving my city house this morning at 5am enroute to the country house and saw a coyote boogy'n down the sidewalk. That was kinda odd.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's over a mile to the mailbox. After a blizzard, takes all day to bobcat the way to get the mail. When you get there, the county hasn't cleared the 'good' roads, so no mail. Wind changes directions during the night. Rinse and repeat.

Must cross two cattle guards to get to house. Six miles to anything looking like pavement.

Well died. Must haul all water from town. Nearest town in a dozen miles away, and i don't think there's even a traffic light.

Neighbors are cows. Rarely see them, pasture is not used until just before winter, when they are driven across the river to 'home'.

Coyotes work in packs like wolves, during winter.

No trees here, and on a hill, so can see for miles. Watch the wildlife doing their thing. Watched coyote chasing deer. Watch Northern Harriers sweep the prairie and they nest on property. Wildlife photographer dream property. Occasional moose. Deer, mostly Mulies, nearly every day, they cross property to the spring that runs all year. Sharptails and pheasant. Gophers, actually ground squirrels (striped ones and Richardson's) for sport. I'm better at trapping than shooting, eyes are going.

Just saw a very rare event. Three of my racing pigeons forced a large female Northern Harrier to the ground and kept her there for quite a while. These Harriers are huge, well, at least in wing span. Usually, the racers just go inside the loft when they see the Harriers, but these three went ballistic. Not real happy about it. The Harriers don't mess with the pigeons, they are more into gophers and snakes and voles. Oh, maybe they will mess with birds on nests, i know the blackbirds hate them.

Eyesight is going, hoping that science will save us from moving to...argh, town.
pictures ? pretty please :smoke out:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Star crash always seems to have the inside-track on food. You get any pastries recently man?

just celebrated wifes' birthday. won't go into how old she is, lol. she came home with a box & a half of Krispy Kreme doughnuts to find that my boys & i had gotten her a box of her favorite cream cheese filled AND half of a white sheet cake, white icing & pink flowers. hell of a predicament for an old diabetic...

buzzmobile

Veteran
One looked like an albino Orca. Snow Orca, ha.

Snowball the Orca gets around.
snowball orca.jpg

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Yeah, I guess it looks good, but I don't think it looks $14 dollar good....

(Damn, I'm turning into a grouchy old bastard....) I remember starting out as a carpenters helper for $2.50 per hour..That Styrofoam box woulda been more than 5 1/2 hours pay
(of course minimum wage was $1.75 back then!)

In 1967; I got a hamburger steak, as big as a fizz-be, fries, plus small salad & dinner roll. $1.25+tax. Downtown court square. (Murray,KY) :pimp3:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Yeah, $14 a tad high. These are like $3.

hungryman_turkey_01.jpg

lol, in 1972, a guy I was seeing asked me to spend Thanksgiving with him and then stood me up! I ended up going to the local 7/11 and getting a Swanson's Turkey Dinner (now Hungry-Man), looked exactly like that!:violin:

I'm still 'friends' with the guy and 'yes', he's still a prick, living in the city while I'm on the edge of country paradise! :greenstars:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I remember when I was in England, a pint of Stella was 3pence.. how far back are we going G?

- I arrived in the USA in December 1977 - as a 17 year old - and gas was about 36 cents a gallon or so - if my memory serves me right - 3 pence for a pint of beer - jeez that's cheap - must have been pre-1960 - nowadays its getting up to £6-7 a pint in a London pub - and that's a bloody ridiculous price -

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
- I arrived in the USA in December 1977 - as a 17 year old - and gas was about 36 cents a gallon or so - if my memory serves me right - 3 pence for a pint of beer - jeez that's cheap - must have been pre-1960 - nowadays its getting up to £6-7 a pint in a London pub - and that's a bloody ridiculous price -

actually 1980, Royal Oak, Portsmouth.. yes, those were the days.. you ate for a buck and for a buck I could barely walk out of the local and got change. AHHHH! the good times.:groupwave:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

You can grow weed not too very far from your house, and you can brew some damn good beer in your own workshop,

But if you wanna buy papers it's a 28 mile round trip drive, and if you wanna buy rum, it's 80 miles round trip.

St. Phatty

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

You can grow weed not too very far from your house, and you can brew some damn good beer in your own workshop,

But if you wanna buy papers it's a 28 mile round trip drive, and if you wanna buy rum, it's 80 miles round trip.

you know you live in the suburbs of a state with legal when you can grow in your backyard and all that other stuff is 1 1/4 miles away! and no banjos playing!:D

Latest posts

Latest posts