What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heath Robinson's Black Rose (no defined grow, but generally hydro)

zamzia

Veteran
hope you get the pics up m8 as i would luv to see them

Hey Dankuser.

Good to hear from you. Hope your grow is going well?

To be honest, there's not much to see with mine. Growth has been minimal, which is what I wanted until I had sorted the last two plants. I hope to get it under a proper bulb this weekend then I'm sure decent growth will follow!

zamzia

G

Guest1298

alright m8 do you think i should up the EC on these its at EC 0.6
at the moment but growth is slow hope you dont mind me posting the pic cheers Dank

zamzia

Veteran
Hey Dankuser.

Once rooted with several sets of fan leaves I have run up gradually from 0.6ec to 1.0ec while in veg. Looking at that I would probably be upping the ec. But I'm no expert! From what I've read, you need to let the plant tell you what she wants. If you up it gradually, you won't shock the plant and it will be easier to correct a mistake than banging it up and causing nute burn / stessing the plant. Looking good though fella! Has that been topped/ fimmed?

zamzia

zamzia

Veteran
Got it to work!

Like I said, not much happening at the moment, but once she's under a proper bulb I'm sure she'll take off

zamzia

watts

ohms
Veteran
wondering if high life is a scam .. they dont sell seeds now. Kinda thinking they just took everyones money and sent them whatever seeds..

zamzia

Veteran
wondering if high life is a scam .. they dont sell seeds now. Kinda thinking they just took everyones money and sent them whatever seeds..

Hi watts.

As I had mentioned, they have ceased trading for some reason. The owner Graham was endorsed by Heath as a long time friend so I doubt they were illegitimate offerings. I guess time will tell with this Black Rose, but I am confident they only sold the real deal seeds. I have PM'd Heath and emailed Graham to touch base about High Life shutting shop, but haven't had a reply yet.

zamzia

p.s. Did you find a link to a smoke report for this? Cheers.

G

Guest1298

Hi zamzia this is a cutting with 2 branches so i have tied em down away from each other
i am going to make a new res now and up the EC0.7 i bought an aquafarm it arrived today
Damn there huge lol...excellent looking plant by the way p.s i was going to buy seeds from highlife but they dont trade no more ...shame i think i will try UGORG blues

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good start Zam :wave:

I too got some BR from graham and pwreck and Black Rhino freebies. But of course with rare beans the three BR's I popped died(my fault:( and one was already purp out the gate! ahh had a Purple Wreck die too. BUt I started 3 more BR's and one Pwreck with success they are a couple weeks old. Should be flowering in a month or so in my reg journal(see sig)

Im Sub'd Lets see what she can do! Growing vibes your way bro :D

zamzia

Veteran
Hi zamzia this is a cutting with 2 branches so i have tied em down away from each other
i am going to make a new res now and up the EC0.7 i bought an aquafarm it arrived today
Damn there huge lol...excellent looking plant by the way p.s i was going to buy seeds from highlife but they dont trade no more ...shame i think i will try UGORG blues

Hi Dankuser.

Are you going to scrog this plant then? You should end up with lots of cola's spreading it out like that.

Haha! Yes, the aquafarm's a massive! I have one too which I've not used yet. It's going to take a fair amount of hydroton to fill that monster. Yes, is a shame, but I'm sure Heath's genetics won't be lost. He's been around too long and done a lot of work on his strains so I'm sure this is just a hiccup. I've read good things about the underground originals. You might find you like the cheese so much you don't want to change :)

zamzia

zamzia

Veteran

Hi Mister_D. Good to have you onboard.

Good start Zam :wave:

I too got some BR from graham and pwreck and Black Rhino freebies. But of course with rare beans the three BR's I popped died(my fault:( and one was already purp out the gate! ahh had a Purple Wreck die too. BUt I started 3 more BR's and one Pwreck with success they are a couple weeks old. Should be flowering in a month or so in my reg journal(see sig)

Im Sub'd Lets see what she can do! Growing vibes your way bro :D

Hi Critter. Oh dear, shame about the first few lots of seeds. Hope the others deliver for you. I'll have a look once I've finished on here. Thanks for the good vibes dude :)

zamzia

zamzia

Veteran
Hi everyone,

Very brief update. As the water level was dropping (slowly!) I changed the rez out on Sunday 20th to avoid cord roots. Got some root growth into the bottom which I'm pleased about. Still on veg nutes but up to 1.0ec and pH 5.7. Looking healthy I hope you agree. Slight bleaching on the leaves where is touched the cfl bulbs. Really need to get moving with this now the other two have been pulled, but this week and next are chaotic. We'll see.

zamzia

G

Guest1298

Hi everyone,

Very brief update. As the water level was dropping (slowly!) I changed the rez out on Sunday 20th to avoid cord roots. Got some root growth into the bottom which I'm pleased about. Still on veg nutes but up to 1.0ec and pH 5.7. Looking healthy I hope you agree. Slight bleaching on the leaves where is touched the cfl bulbs. Really need to get moving with this now the other two have been pulled, but this week and next are chaotic. We'll see.

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36816&pictureid=888794&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

zamzia

Looking good zamzia how is she doing now!! be good to see some update pic's..hope everything is going good Atb Dankuser

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Zamzia my latest 3 BR seeds all died as well...down to only 2 left and I'm giving up on trying to get even ONE Black Rose mother..I am truly devestated as this is the strain on my "bucket list to grow and it looks like it just won't happen. I have some of his V3's Heath gave me left (all 10) but am going to save those for later.

Good luck, I will have to live vicariously through your thread.

(sniff)

E

ekomsi

Sorry to hear about all the death guys, I ended up with 6/10 Female Black Rose and 2/3 Female Black Rhinos. They were getting so tall I topped them all to an even height. These will be used as mothers and the clones will be used in my next big ebb n grow run.

This pic is before I topped them all, lets say I took about 6 in off the tops of the tall ones less on the shorter they are about all even in height now.

Attachments

• SAM_1765.jpg
    SAM_1765.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 11

zamzia

Veteran
Looking good zamzia how is she doing now!! be good to see some update pic's..hope everything is going good Atb Dankuser

Hi Dankuser. Sorry for the lack of updates. I had a nice break from work and the internet! Still not a lot to report. I popped it in my tiny DR60 tent Tuesday eve so she's under a proper lamp now (MH 400W), but the grow room isn't quite ready to take the DR100 tent that she will grow in for now. Hopefully have that sorted at the weekend.

Well Zamzia my latest 3 BR seeds all died as well...down to only 2 left and I'm giving up on trying to get even ONE Black Rose mother..I am truly devestated as this is the strain on my "bucket list to grow and it looks like it just won't happen. I have some of his V3's Heath gave me left (all 10) but am going to save those for later.

Good luck, I will have to live vicariously through your thread.

(sniff)

Oh mega, that's rubbish news :( I don't know what could have happened to get such a poor batch of seeds. And at present there's no way of purchasing more unfortunately. Although you've had direct contact with Heath ahven't you? Maybe worth shooting him a message - I have tried but had no response. The V3 look very good too albeit not a purple strain, defo a producer though. I hope I can pull something nice off this for you :)

Sorry to hear about all the death guys, I ended up with 6/10 Female Black Rose and 2/3 Female Black Rhinos. They were getting so tall I topped them all to an even height. These will be used as mothers and the clones will be used in my next big ebb n grow run.

This pic is before I topped them all, lets say I took about 6 in off the tops of the tall ones less on the shorter they are about all even in height now.

Hey ekomsi. You did well out of your pack! I look forward to seeing yours progress too, might give me some ideas ;) Feel free to post a link to your thread here if it's not in your sig.

Cheers guys and I am sorry I've not done much with thisso far, it'll be ok once I get going :)

zamzia

zamzia

Veteran
Old thread, new grow.

Old thread, new grow.

Hi everyone.

Ok, so some of you are familiar with me now as I have a couple of threads running. I have popped another Black Rose in the hope of a female. The last one I did end of last year turned out to be male. In hindsight I should have separated it from the rest and taken some pollen from him for future use, but darn it I didn't. Oh well.

So I've just popped this into a water farm and into the veg tent last night. She (hopefully) is sat at 1.5" tall. Fingers crossed for a healthy female after I fucked up with the original thread starter (which was a girl) nearly two years ago :(

zamzia

Veteran
Back in for the show :biggrin: Fingers crossed for a female :good:

Good morning Mister_D!

Yeah, apologies for the let down last time. I was having a lot of personal problems and I let the plant fall pray to spider mites, which is a real shame because 1. it was a female and 2. she was growing well before I neglected her. However, back for round 2!

Latest posts

Latest posts