What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short - True Blueberry

Throwgar

Hi All, Here's my latest show. Whatcha Think?

TBB-FloweringMotherMacro2Day88-1.jpg

Day 31
Day31-TBBCola2.jpg

Day 31
Day31-TBBColaColorShot1.jpg

Day 31
Day31-TBBEtherialCola.jpg

Day 40
Day40-TBBPlantColor2.jpg

Day 40
Day40-TBBPuprpleLeaves.jpg

Day 40
Day40-TBBPURPLEBud.jpg

Day 42
Day42-TBBMacro1-1.jpg

Day 44
Day44-TBBBudShot.jpg

Day 44
Day44-TBBBudShot2.jpg

Day 49
TBB-TrichomeMacro2.jpg

Day 49
TBB-TrichomeMacro1.jpg

ChopChop - Check out that weird bud structure
TBB-BStructure.jpg

TBB-XmasTree1.jpg

TBBFISS-Melange3.jpg

TBBFISS-Melange4.jpg

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what do i think?
i think dj short has awesome genetics
i think you know how to grow awesome cannabis
i think you take great pics
i think i can smell those buds from here
thats what i think!

G

I think DJ is a good breeder, knows what hes doin. However, I dont like mutants, my friend is about to do 3 pk TBB and 1 F13, I hope there is atleast one non mutant keeper out of em all, or one from each but that would be a stretch I think. Nice plants, enjoy your harvest.

However the DJ mutants that make it usually said to be potent.

Some nice color in those, did you chop them at day 49? They probibly could have gone longer...

G

inline6 said:
However, I dont like mutants
Then you're an idiot and don't know shit. Great job Throwgar...remember me? I got banned...lol...not trying to steal your thunder bro but here's a mutant for ya inline6 that grew out of it and showed something special:

Throwgar...you're camera skills are pretty awesome bro. Lemme know what the hell that leaf spot issue is if I lose track of it.

INDODRO

Pretty pics, I always wondered, if DJ is such a good breeder then why all the mutants? Also how was the yield on the TB? I've grown it out before when OG was up and the yield wasn't impressive nor the high. Maybe I just didn't grow it right but it didn't turn out like I thought it should've. I didn't taste any BB flavor, did get some pretty colors to look at though, but the colors disappeared when I rolled it up ;) Looks good though for sure.

G

Inline6 - sorry for being an ass and would rather apologize than edit my other post. I don't think you're an idiot. Everything I've heard about mutants, from some breeders, is they cherish them and can be real gems. Many are reportedly supposed to be super potent. The grower gave my friend the mom for the cross I posted a pic of because he said the plant from seed was ugly, twisted, etc. and didn't like it...he would have trashed it if my buddy did not take it off his hands.

Throwgar...I look forward to the smoke report for this one. that looks like some crazy stuff!

Last edited:

Throwgar

I wouldn't feel right doing a smoke report on a test batch of nugs harvested without a flush, so I'll have to wait for a decent cure (2 weeks) on the flushed majority. I can tell you that the TBB high is unique. It's an exotic strain. Maybe that's the mutant talking, but as of now, it's definitely appealing. The high is strong and kicks in quick. A couple of [good] bong rips will keep me going for about 4 hours. There is definitely a euphoric overtone of the whole high. Very strange, usually it's paranoia, if anything at all out of the ordinary. It's gabby weed. Great daytime smoke. Good for anxiety and being social. All weed should have this kind of high. Drawbacks? Medium ceiling. Maybe the last 4 days or so??? may have given it it's smoke legs. Not dissapointing in the LEAST, don't get me wrong. Oh, it's going to be a mefium/medium-low yielder. Maybe more veg time would help that. It also seems to be growing out of it's mutation. We'll have to see how that pans out for it. I'll keep you guys posted. Next rotation should see

MrDank

Veteran
inline6 said:
I think DJ is a good breeder, knows what hes doin. However, I dont like mutants, my friend is about to do 3 pk TBB and 1 F13, I hope there is atleast one non mutant keeper out of em all, or one from each but that would be a stretch I think. Nice plants, enjoy your harvest.

Don't let them mutants scare you. Some of the best plants I have ever grown and smoked have come from mutants. Not to start an argument, but never judge a book by it's cover ;)

Here is some "Mutant" blueberry...I'll let you be the judge

they look like some nice mutants to me, but i ve never seen too many mutants. What is
a mutant exactly? is it juss a wonky growing strain or what? anyways i think that last pic is a beauty. Ive only tried the original blueberry and that was some great smoke, id like
to try the true -blueberry!! Has anyone grown the feminized blueberry by dutch-passion? i was thinkin of growing it!

Throwgar

Homer J Simpson said:
However the DJ mutants that make it usually said to be potent.

Some nice color in those, did you chop them at day 49? They probibly could have gone longer...

The plant is fairly potent, but I've had better. The stone is what is exemplory about this plant. Such a nice, up, euphoric high.

Anyway, those dry nugs were from a plant that had started to wilt. The rest of it is getting cut down today, at day 53. The trichome scans showed 30% amber at 3 different spots on the plant. That's where I like it. :)

Watson853

subrob said:
what do i think?
i think dj short has awesome genetics
i think you know how to grow awesome cannabis
i think you take great pics
i think i can smell those buds from here
thats what i think!
What he said....lol.

G

Yea MrD I always liked your BB cut, very nice buds, but I never really remembered it being a mutant, or a severe one atleast. Some leaf deformities are fine, but Ive seen some horrific looking plants out of his beans and I personally just want to avoid mutant buds/possible herms. I would be very happy if he found something similar to yours.

MrDank

Veteran
Inline6- Yes, the blueberry I ahve was a severe mutant that snapped out after about 6 weeks of vegging. She no longer shows any of those deformations

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Very nice buds throwgar. You say its not the most potent youve smoked so im just curious what was more potent? Also how does the taste and smell compare?

Throwgar

T.doT.Toker said:
Very nice buds throwgar. You say its not the most potent youve smoked so im just curious what was more potent? Also how does the taste and smell compare?

I'll definitely be doing a smoke report when everything has a decent cure. Probably 2 more weeks or so. I'm not saying that she wasn't potent, it's just that I've had more potent herb. Two that come to mind are NYC Deisel, and the FIxSS plant that I have going now. Still more potent than just about anything that I get on the outside of my grow. :) More on that later...

G

I found it to be mild and boring high-wise, great flavour - siimply fantastic, I chose 1 of 3 phenos, after trials, and eventually got rid of it, for other strains. It was great in the greenhouse, but still a mild high.

Throwgar

icysurfer said:
I found it to be mild and boring high-wise, great flavour - siimply fantastic, I chose 1 of 3 phenos, after trials, and eventually got rid of it, for other strains. It was great in the greenhouse, but still a mild high.

hey surfer, it looks like we have very different phenotypes. I think this plant will eventually grow out of the deformity. Not sure how that will effect growth patterns. Check out the pictures of the bud that I trimmed all of the leaves from. The calyxes are about the size of blue berries!

Anyway, the high is great for me since I've got an anxiety disorder. The high is very calming and euphoric. It makes it feel like everything is going to be okay, which is a nice change. The yield looks like it will be on the low end, but I didn't expect the low flower stretch. Flowered at 12", and the plants got to 16". I think if I veg for longer that I'd see better yields.

Here's a shot of 4 of those 16" plants:
HShot3TBB.jpg

TORC

It's not always about how few hits it takes to get you off. Sometimes it's about the quality of the stone and in this department, Blueberry rises above most of the pretenders. Throwgar, beautiful work brother and some great camera work. Enjoy those beauties. peace