What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My second grow. Bubba Kush, Humbolt Snow, Master Kush, Sour Diesel and Trainwreck

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

hey sup guys, whats Humbolt snow, i always heard of the humbolt county smoke when i was growing up from my parents, i know u guys up there in humbolt county gotz tones of gr8-ness, a little of info would be awesome man! i live in cali and love the trainwreck too!

RalphWiley

Soso, that Master Kush is at 30 days, and had a few weeks (2-3) of veg time. It's over 4 feet tall (LSTing has negated some of this height) and put on serious height in flower for the first three weeks. The light is pretty intense for the area and was kept close, so I can't account it to stretch, it's just part of the genetics.

Gr8shoeBaDizzle, if you've smoked SnoCap in California, you've smoked Humbolt Snow. Someone else on here could probably identify the parents, but it's extremely potent and (at least in my experience) produces a robust yield.

vta

Veteran
Great looking grow Ralph!

RalphWiley said:
Gr8shoeBaDizzle, if you've smoked SnoCap in California, you've smoked Humbolt Snow. Someone else on here could probably identify the parents, but it's extremely potent and (at least in my experience) produces a robust yield.

We run SnoCap and just love it. Gotta watch for PM, if you let her go long. Hope you don't mind some pics...

My buddy JD Dirtbag, switched to 7 gal pots and now the ones just a couple weeks in are monsters compaired to those in smaller...check out the sun leaves on this baby at just shy of 3 weeks :yoinks:

Some curing....

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

thanks guys,
wow thats nice lookin stuff man

keep the joint lit

RalphWiley

vta said:
Great looking grow Ralph!
We run SnoCap and just love it. Gotta watch for PM, if you let her go long. Hope you don't mind some pics...

Thanks, vta! I keep the RH real low in the flower cab (generally around 30%) which will hopefully keep the PM at bay. Didn't mind the pics at all, those are downright inspirational!

Plants are still doing well, I noticed a few burnt tips after switching to watering every day so I cut back to half nutes for a feeding. This cloning thing still seems to be escaping me, I've got 3 viable Sour Diesel cuts and a thriving Trainwreck but none of the others. Many of the cuts in the bubbler are starting to yellow (they've been in there almost a month), I'm not sure if I should add some nutes or just keep my fingers crossed.

As a precaution, I've filled the flower cab with fresh cuttings placed into rapid rooters in saran-wrap covered party cups. They'll need to reveg, but ultimately I just need one to survive so I'm putting my faith in the shotgun approach. Should that fail, I guess I'll have to try and reveg the humbolt snow. Really don't want to let these genetics slip through my fingers, and it's been a hard strain to find in the past.

RalphWiley

Looks like it's just about time to switch these girls over to a diet of PH'd water and sharpen some trimming scissors. I'm anticipating a harvest just before New Year's, and really looking forward to it! This grow has gone amazingly well, and I'm eagerly looking foward to my next one. On to the pictures!

I finally moved the Bubba Kush up front and snapped a pic of one of her flowers. She's small, and so are her colas, but she has quite a few of them.

The trainwrecks are coming along nicely, although they tend to fall over if not supported.

The Sour Diesel is still putting on weight. I'm really starting to love growing this strain, it's definitely a keeper!

The Master Kush has slowed down, but is developing some very interesting colors, possibly because of the cooler temps at night.

And finally the monster Humbolt Snow. What's funny is she has 3 or 4 colas of this size! Definitely a big yielder.

Enjoy the pics, I'll try to update this thread again before I chop 'em down!

RalphWiley

Harvested both the trainwreck and the humbolt snow today, as they were showing a good number of amber trichs. Letting the Sour Diesel, Master Kush, and Bubba Kush go a bit longer.

I've gotta say, this harvest is considerably bigger than the last one, and I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately I couldn't fit the entire harvest into the picture, but this should give you a pretty good idea...

And I think I have a new favorite cola. :) The humbolt snow's primary cola is a monster!! Absolutely dwarfs the can next to it.

Thanks to everyone for their patience, advice, and encouragement! I'll put up more pics when I harvest the other three.

RalphWiley

The Sour Diesel is still going strong, but the rest have been harvested and dried, so I figured I'd post up some numbers.

Trainwreck: 34.7 grams
Humbolt Snow: 24.3 grams
Master Kush: 31.1 grams
Bubba Kush: 13.9 grams

By the looks of the Sour Diesel it'll be at least an ounce, a fact which makes me absolutely thrilled. At the price I was paying beforehand (A $400 ounce was a deal), I've already more than paid for all costs associated with growing (except for time, but it's a labor of love). Thank you all for the generous encouragement you've given, and for sharing your knowledge. I know that even experienced growers can run into problems, but based on what I've read from here most of the grows will just get better and better. :joint:

RalphWiley

Harvested and dried the Sour Diesel, netting 68.8 grams!

Over 6 ounces on my second grow under a 400W HPS makes me very, very happy. I've ditched the Bubba Kush and made moms of the rest, next grow will be two Sour Diesels, two Humbolt Snows, a Master Kush and a Trainwreck in a scrog setup. In the meanwhile, this harvest will keep me happy for quite awhile.

Germanator

Any particular reason why you droped the Bubba?
Have mostly Master and one bubba running right now, and I was pondering switching up my lineup next round,and go with mostly Bubba.

Nice grow

Germ

RalphWiley

Thanks guys! Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I found out my father in law's coming to stay for a week so I've been stealthing my grow. Got an auto-drip system all set up, but I suppose that's for another post.

Germanator, I got rid of the Bubba because it (at least this particular pheno) was just too slow growing. Nice smoke, but in comparison to my other plants it was always a dwarf, and as I raised the HPS I'd have to put things under it just to keep it getting adequate light. Sour Diesel has become my favorite strain to grow, and it just doesn't make sense to grow Bubba beside it.

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey Ralph, Yea i think when your looking at a strain like Bubba Kush you either have to grow it exclusivly or with other very short plants becuase, it just refuses to get big. Thats just part of its genetics though, its always gonna be the smallest plant in the garden regardless of what else your growing. I was wondering what you thought of the Bubba smoke? I havent had the good fortune to come across any in my neck of the woods, but im on the look out. Great grow, good luck in the future.
Peace,
-N.Kron

G

excellant strain sellection... seriously.. if i had a garden full of those genetics, i'de be very satisfied

peace

bILL

Latest posts

Latest posts