What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800W: C99, GF & WW

1 400W Horti enhanced HPS, 1 400W Horti blue
Fox Farm Ocean Forest, 30% perlite, mychorrizal fungi added
FF Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha-Ching ... 6.0 R/O water
B'Cuzz Root & B'Cuzz Bloom, Thrive Alive for seeds and clones and transplanting
Prophylatically spray with Serenade once every other week
Water with Safer soft-bodied insecticide every other week to keep fungus gnats managable

This is my second grow, first with non-bagseed. Started seeds in rockwool on 9/21. 12 cannabis (3 female C99, 3 female GF, 6 unsexed WW) and 4 Super Sweet Hybrid 100 cherry tomatoes:

Then they all looked like seedlings for a few weeks.

First some fun pics, then portraits of the family.

Friends of the garden. I see no food for them, suppose they'd rather take their chances inside than out. I've seen two at once, but am wondering if ladybugs can change their spots and this is the same one.

Notice anything funky with this Cindy 99? It's got ... antennae or mandibles or something. All fan leaves on 3 nodes (#11-13) have at least one extra digit coming out the middle.

Here's a White Widow that seems like it's made out of a veil - all leaves look like this for 2-3 weeks then start looking more normal, but you can still notice a mottled crumpling all over.

Last edited:
Cindy 99 A, "Cindy". 15 nodes, just like Bertha, except 1/2 to 2/3rds Bertha's main stem height. These are Female Seeds x-line Cindy 99s BTW. Weeks 3, 4, 5 & 6:

Last edited:
Here's Female Seeds Grapefruit plant A, "Florida". Two out of three beans popped, just like the three Cindy 99 seeds.

You can see the N deficiency best on her. Didn't fertilize but once before week 5. White Widows did fine, C99s showed some yellowing and the grapefruits both lost some fan leaves.

Weeks 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Last edited:
Grapefruit B. "Georgia". The root systems seem to develop a lot slower than the c99 and WWs. Maybe this will change the first few weeks of 12/12?

White Widows A, B and E - "Pat", "Leslie" and "Sasha". All males, I believe although one of them is growing leaves where preflowers are supposed to be. Only have room for 6 full plants vegged this long top flower.

Pat:

Leslie:

Sasha (the "krinkly" one):

Drew down to the first day of 12/12 on Election Day. Christmas Day is seven weeks flower, hopefully will be harvesting the GF &/or C99 on New Year's day. Week 7 pix tomorrow.

D

dre86

Looking real' good, I have some C99 in my current grow @6 weeks flowering

Those plants are looking great. I am growing some Gypsy Nirvana C99 right now and they had the same mutations as your plants have. Some of the fan leaves are actually growing buds on them right now. I wouldn't be surprised if you had the same thing happen.

keep them updates coming. :lurk: :D

Last edited:
G

jediknightsmoke said:
Those plants are looking great. I am growing some Gypsy Nirvana C99 right now and they had the same mutations as your plants have. Some of the fan leaves are actually growing buds on them right now. I wouldn't be surprised if you had the same thing happen.

keep them updates coming. :lurk: :D

Cool buds on fan leaves :)

Nirvana has a c99? link plz

LSTed Cindy 99 ... looks like seven or eight large colas will be filling in:

Young flower on a Grapefruit:

"GMT style" cuttings from pruning lower branches - keeping them under 12/12, seeing what happens:

Day 15, "I see flowers!"

The garden:

The Cindy 99s. The one not LSTed looks like it may produce the heftiest main cola. Neither have stretched very much, just a few inches.

Grapefruits. These plants are completely symmetrical crosses when viewed from above ... or below, I imagine. GF A hasn't stretched but a few inches. B, which is more airy has stretched 6 or so inches.

White Widows. These things have an odor I find unpleasant - like weed, but oily, sweet - sort of like a chemical solvent. I noticed it most on my hands after handling branches; perhaps the smell was stronger a week or two ago.

I accidentally pruned Nixon's growing tip with the HPS near the first day of 12/12.

Here's something different - look at the size of those calyxes! Too bad it's a hermie.

And introducing a revegged BB. No flowers visible on it until yesterday although everyone went into 12/12 together.

Did I prune the bottoms enough? Seems like I could have gone a few nodes higher, particularly on the grapefruits.

Latest posts

Latest posts