What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whiskeyriots first grow - lowryders!!

whiskeyriot

hmm, i think i'll just stick to growing sensi.

i've been doing a little experiment for when i go away and have to turn off the light, i've been keeping a male inside a dark cupboard to see how much it gets pissed off... and its not actually doing that badly.. it hasnt grown any more but it hasnt wilted.

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
shoving a male in the closet is a great way to get pollen so you can pollenate certain branches. but i strongly suggest you go with the compact flourecent in a lamp idea. the bud will mature in the same amount of time. it's your job to decide how happy they are while maturing. if their happy they pack more weed on them stem's.

NG2k

keeping some light would be safest....
a cfl wont reach temps above 75*C normally, plants can often grow and touch them without burning, so you wont have to worry about height, and it really would be EXTRA-ordinary for something to go wrong. i left my grow-room for a week with 80W CFL on, completely fine, just make sure there is ample ventilation.

NG2k

you ask a question we can only say what we would do in that situation.
we arent forcing you to make that decision, its down to the grower.

whiskeyriot

Curly Tips

Curly Tips

Ok, the tips of the top set of leaves have gone curly and crispy.. but only on one plant..

although both plants new leaves always curl ever so slightly...

why are they doing this?

G

What is the temperature at the tops of the plants? It looks like heat stress to me. It could be either be too high temps or not enough air circulation. Thats usually what makes the leaves curl inwards- retain moisture.

NG2k

if it was heat stress as soon as you move the light away or lower temp by pointing a fan at the "hot zone" leaves should go back to original shape

whiskeyriot

Day 30.. half way there

Day 30.. half way there

ok updates,

one girl is doing great, the other got burnt and has gone orange in places and the tips of some leaves are a bit crispy... it looks pretty beat up.

but er, yeah theres alot of hairs which will hopefully turn into lots of juicy bud!

Last edited:

whiskeyriot

Day 41

Day 41

Happy new year!

just got back from portsmouth to discover the girls are doing great!

check out the pics.

Last edited:

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Those look good for floros!

When you are able to afford an HID you'll see a huge improvement. Those side branches when tied out will really produce well for you. You'll be suprised what they do between now and chop time!

I just harvested my LR's from under a 400w hps. Couldn't be happier. Did a seed run and got about 250 seeds plus what I'm still finding in the buds - probably another 100 or so. Check out my thread in MDanzig's forum.

Everyone says 60 days. I let some go almost 70. Next time I'll let them go even longer. All didn't seem ready at 60.

Let the buds dry - I mean dry - for at least a week and a half. Mine have been getting more potent every day.

Good luck and great job!

This one went 67 days I think and I just couldn't wait any more. Needed the space in the box.

Last edited:

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
jaypee89 said:
ohhh howd the lowryder smoke?

i want to see someone with a grow diary of the lowryder 2 seeds....

The buzz get's a little better every day it seems. I started smoking the stuff right out of the dryer. But it's in a jar now getting nice and chunky. The crystals seem to have swelled quite a bit. Getting me good and stoned now as compared to last week.

Spaced...

NG2k

to get highest yield out of lowryder you want to be running on 14/10 or 16/8, will take longer tho.
18/6 will finish in under 60days and yield less and 24/0 gives the lowest yield but is quicker.
i myself pick 14/10 if growin LR and the extra time doesnt bother me, when gettin higher yield and stronger bud.
upto the grower tho....

whiskeyriot

Lights Out

Lights Out

decided taking pictures without the CFL on gives better detail.. so here are some pics.. the 2 girls are on week 6 now so im going to turn the light down to 20/4

Last edited:

NG2k

in all honesty 14/10 will significantly increase your yield, itll only take a couple of extra days.... why not wait a bit...

whiskeyriot

i dunno, i'd rather give them as much light as possible while i only have just my 125 envirolite.

i'll go down to 18/6 but i need to get a time switch, will update in a week or so to report on how it goes.

NG2k

length of lighting time makes little difference. its said that plants can only take in about 6 hours of light per day anyway which is why some people are trying the 6/12 flowering cycle. all i can say is your yield would be better under 14/10

whiskeyriot

8 days until 60 days are up, then its just a waiting game until i decide to harvest, hopefully they'll pack on a little more bud before then.

NG2k

they should give a boost pretty soon. as i said you would have got larger yields with 14/10 but i know you werent too concerned about it. heres my old lowryder girl, 10.8g i think under 70W HPS + 80WCFL

my trichs turned amber before my pistils went brown i dont know about you, that mite have been due to the light-schedule i used and i chopped about 2 days early due to a holiday. what about yours?

Latest posts

Latest posts