What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whiskeyriots first grow - lowryders!!

Lemon

sweet stuff, i wish you the best of luck. I bought some lowryder seeds, but they were duds, so im growing c99xnl right now. I look forward to seeing what you can produce.

whiskeyriot

17 days and i think the bigger one is showing its sex, although i cant make out wether its male or female.. i THINK i can see wispy white hairs... but it looks like little leafs are growing next to them, is this normal?

WeeD22MaN

Hey whiskeyriot!

Neat little grow you got goin! Good stuff!! Thoes envo lights are okay I started with one aswell.. Now iv had the same 125watt one for over 8 months now I use it to root clones every 3 weeks. Is the smaller one the one who had his husk stuck on for a bit? Regardless thats fine.. Its not to far behind and gotta rember could both be different phenotypes.. Mabye one will grow a big faster and show sex sooner but the other could bloom later on and get bigger and yeild a bit more.. The hairs or balls are located at the nodes. Thats where the branches connect to the stem. Once the sex is show you will beable to really tell. Theres quite a difference so dont stress. You dont need to pull the male within 2 days of seeing a tiny bump.. You will beable to see well devolped pods on the males soon and more oval pods with white hairs sticking out on the females.. The hairs are quite thick usally and are quite easy to see once they really bloom. If you see something that looks like a green seed hangin off a node and no white hairs anywhere or out if it then its a male. You can also get hermies.. Females that start producing male flowers a few weeks into flower.. I don't have much exp with LR but I am sure they still could hermie so Id keep a close eye on them for the next 2 weeks. Great stuff tho man keep it up you're doing fine!

All the best,
WeedMan

whiskeyriot

the only things i can see that have appeared from the nodes are two more tiny leaves..... wierd??

are there a certain amount of nodes up from the bottom they start to develop?

S

supa_andrew

dude, it's too small to tell, and if i were you, i'd try to fit in another 3 plants or something, my first grow was with 2 plants and one sickly hermie and the other female, which was kinda lucky considering i've grown 8 plants straight from a strain to have 7 males, the odds are against you. get more plants, ;)

Last edited:

whiskeyriot

Next time around im gonna plant the remaining 8 seeds, i only planted two as its my first time and i didnt wanna blow all the seeds at once, so that i could learn from this grow.

How many days do you think the lowryders can go in small pots before you need to transplant them?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I just watched for roots to come out of the drainage holes in the pots, and that's when I transplanted. I don't know if that's the correct method but it worked for me. I had ten seeds when I started my grow, I germed 4, three made it, one didn't make it past the first week, and the two I still have are females. I definitely didn't think I'd be that lucky.

whiskeyriot

Day 19...

I still cant really tell the sex of the plants... there are just leafs growing in the nodes and im confused... the bigger plant has started to smell... its quite a nice aroma... sort of like sweet tea...

here are some pics.... the camera cant focus close enough to take pics of the nodes.

Last edited:

Lemon

lookin snazzy. Give them a few more days to show sex. LR usually does day 18-26. chances are they are female if they haven't by now

G

Your girls look great. good luck I got 5 lowryders going in two waterfarms, got about 10 days left, so happy! LOTS OF BUD!!

whiskeyriot

BURRRNIINNGGG!!!

BURRRNIINNGGG!!!

fucksticks... i burnt the bigger plant with fertiliser, i dont know how, i put like 4ml in a 2 litre bottle... the other one has a slight burn but nowhere near as bad.

i've a feeling they're both male aswell, i've planted 3 new seeds into pots.

this is the fertiliser i used.

G

Those plants are too young to be able to handle that amount of ferts. Plus that fertilizer is for flowering plants- yours are still in veg, right? Go ahead and flush your soil and get that excess fert outta there and see if that doesnt help their appearance. I would recommend getting some grow ferts high in nitrogen also.

D

dre86

Awww they look great, looks like they have enough ferts in the soil already :chin:

whiskeyriot

well, they say after 4 weeks you can treat lowryder as a flowering plant and feed it... i would probably agree that the soil had more than enough food though.

oh well no harm done, im sure they're male anyway, im giving them a few more days to prove me wrong.

i've planted 4 more seeds... and im flushing the damaged plant.

they've been demoted to the back of the box until they do something to excite me. LIKE BEING FEMALE DAMNIT.

A Little Cramped...

Last edited:

whiskeyriot

I just got given this by a neighbour who was moving out....

£200 from ikea... for free!! im sure you will see the potential this baby has!

finally a decent growing space.

Latest posts

Latest posts