What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whiskeyriots first grow - lowryders!!

whiskeyriot

Well, i got all my shit and im ready to go.

im basically going for a no hassle, minimum effort grow to see what happens.

i didnt want to spend alot of money buying expensive lights, ferts and such and such so i have a bog standard setup.

1x 125watt Envirolight
4x Plantpots
10x Lowyrder seeds
1x Crappy old boiler cupboard a.k.a The Growroom
1x Bag of compost
1x Bag of Perlite

i will not be using any ferts or added nutrients other than the bag of compost i will be potting them with.

you may wonder why im even trying to grow anything, especially lowryders with what i've got... well i'll tell ya, its just a new found hobby and im tired of never being able to get hold of ANY weed and even if each plant yeilds less than 5grams, i'll be happy that i might have learnt a few things along the way to try and aim for 10grams per plant next time.

i hope this grow diary helps out any noob kids/students/layabouts that just want to grow a little mary jane for personal consumption.

whiskeyriot

DISASTER!!!

my homemade hanging system for the reflector has backfired as the usb cables i slotted through heated up and melted the light into itself... AHHHHH!!

luckily the seeds havnt germinated yet so i've been on Ebay ordering a new one which hopefully should arrive just in time for the little ones to have sprouted and be in need of the much needed light they require for the 4 week powergrowth period.

D

dre86

Seems like Envirolites can get quite hot too :chin:

Good Luck with your new setuP.

whiskeyriot

thanks for the inspiration, those lights look pretty cool, how much would they set you back? i found a rubbermaid.. cant i just use tinfoil?

D

dre86

Well, tinfoil reflects 30-40% of the light (if you put it with correct side facing light) while white plastic / paint or mylar reflects 80-90% of the light..

D

dre86

I would NOT advice to use tinfoil, I never used it but I have read that it can create hotspots..Anyone can confirm this? White paint/plastic, mylar > tin foil.

Last edited:
G

What type of light did you purchase? I hope it wasnt another Envirolight because those things are bunk. I had 3 of those lights burn out before I learned my lesson. I would get some CFLs for that space. And get some white paint. Just paint the inside of the grow area rather than use tin foil. Tin foil is just about worthless as a reflecting surface and scrunching it up will only make it worse.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
whiskeyriot said:
i've heard it can create hotspots too.. maybe if i scrunch it up?
i veg with cfl's here are some helpful hints and tips for what i consider proper ussage, this will also allow you the most efficiency from your cfl setup. http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29899&page=2
learned these methods on overgrow and have used them since i wouldnt veg any other way cheap mad growth when done properly

G

No you should leave the seed cover on. The seed cover should fall off within 1 week but dont rush it. Good to hear that you got some plants growing.

whiskeyriot

Well, here they are, poor pics cause i cant get the zoom to work properly.

click on the pictures to enlarge the picture

Last edited:

whiskeyriot

8 days since they sprouted.

will be using urine as fertiliser once the seed leaves have fallen off.

click on the image to see it larger!

Heavy Chevy

Sounds like a cheap easy way to go with the urine ferts, mind you it won't help you as much in the flowering stages as most urine contains much higher amounts of Nitrogen. Also make sure to dilute urine with water like say 20 parts water to 1 part urine, its some strong stuff and you don't wanna burn the plants. Best of luck.

whiskeyriot

You might not be able to see the difference very well in this picture.. but i can assure you theres a big difference in leaf size.

Last edited:

whiskeyriot

The larger seedling is doing MUCH better now, i was worried about seedling 2... but its catching up now so was probably just temporarily stunted... i can see some sort of lumps forming in the nodes of number 1... i just hope that ones gonna be a female!!!

i have ordered some bio bizz Bloom to give them a little extra food.. im not sure how to use these ferts so if someone could give me advice that would be great

Here are some pic updates...

Last edited: