What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SamS Seeds

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
The core cut is still in circulation as are a few more old skool cuts... pretty sure this is 90s

im not massive on haze but i kinda get the whole neville and sam story and im 100% certain the a5 c5 s5 hazes are still being grown today.. if you get a link in dam your sorted..

HL7MOcM.jpg

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amnesia is a prime example of post 2000 haze,,, it was pretty good,, when grown well amnesia is nice ssh rework,, but it's not a 14+ week plant,, this is what I call the great haze comprise,,, haze consolidation,, and amnesia is what everything consolidated into,, anything above 13 weeks was considered too much effort,, the last blast effort was mexican haze from the damkrink,, John sinclare and mako haze,, and the 🥝 didn't even get to Amsterdam until after nev left,, so I don't think they knew what level they should have been shooting for

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd love to grow them old nevil and shanti clones,,, The simple pre 2001 ssh from the greenhouse on damstraat (always top of the menu),,, just seems so complicated to find nowadays,, i call it the grate haze consolidation

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
I'd love to grow them old nevil and shanti clones,,, The simple pre 2001 ssh from the greenhouse on damstraat (always top of the menu),,, just seems so complicated to find nowadays,, i call it the grate haze consolidation

The dutch ssh is still available.. as is nl#5 x haze and somas cut of amnesia haze which is 12 - 13 weeks but im.lead to believe its g13 x core cut?

The a5 and s5 are also available the c5 is the hardest to get but she is still available...

These are the only hazes im familiar with

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dutch ssh is defo still available,, and any amnesia is just not what I need,, it's the clones shanti was filling greenhouse tubs,, that's the only clones that seem to matter,, everything else is too watered down imo

Nevil's cuts are great,, if you can find them,, guess this thread is simply that,, can YOU find real haze NOWADAYS,, I KNOW I'M TRYING!

An I really couldn't care less about amnesia,, it's not good enough

GoatCheese

Veteran
The dutch ssh is still available.. as is nl#5 x haze and somas cut of amnesia haze which is 12 - 13 weeks but im.lead to believe its g13 x core cut?

The a5 and s5 are also available the c5 is the hardest to get but she is still available...

These are the only hazes im familiar with
Hi.
I think it's just an internet rumor that Soma's Amnesia Haze is SSH x G13Haze. The Amnesia Haze i have smoked from Voyagers coffeeshop (someone said it's Soma's cup winning cut) and i don't think it has SSH in it. I don't like SSH nor am i a big fan of other Hazes Nevil made and Soma's AH feels very different.

I'm not a Haze expert cause i don't like them too much(..and i don't like NL5 either), but this also counts for something cause i think i should notice the things i don't like and Soma's AH is different, imo. I never grew Soma's AH myself, only smoked it in Adam.

Also, if you go to see*dfinder and look at pictures of Soma's AH and his NYCD you can see similar Afghan-leaning phenos which is explained by the fact that he used the Afghan-Hawaiian male on both strains.
Soma says on his site that AH is SE Asian/Jamaican x Afghan/Hawaii and i think it's correct.

-
-
Nice to see some POG growing, Rick ..and the other lines as well :)

Limeygreen

Veteran
Am I right to understand that the a5 haze is the more scary haze high, powerful and trippy so you need to be careful no not over do it whereas the c5 is strong but more comfortable and harder over do?

Never heard of the s5, is there information available about this cut?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
truth in haze today ......very few examples go back to original Haze tended in 70's.....especially the high......just finished up a THH pheno that finished in 9wks....got to be some sk1 involved as flower formation/finish time show just that...hazey scent/slight haze taste..decent uplifting high that mellows into smooth sativa ride.....good, but nothing special....might be better as concentrate......
haze on......

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A5 is one of my ultimate "I want it" clones,,, it's nl5xhaze if I remember,, large selection,, grows with a really funny nute schedule,, nevil used a powdered set of nutes where he holds the levels of nutrition at a fixed amount over the vast flower time of the A5

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I recently grabbed a pack of mango A5. And with another order recieve a free pack of burmese x a5 (most have sprouted). Both are less than 50% A5. Hoping some of the magic shines thru. 24 beans. Something good will happen.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a5 and c5 would be nice if they get around, I understand why they are held tightly though.

Naah,, i just need to go to roterdam,, just can't be bothered going through all the hassle at the moment,, not been to Amsterdam in a good while,, but if I happen to go, il pop into a growshop and score one,, it's the growshops who could easily sort this cut to me in the future,, most growshops who haven't been overly influenced by recent years can get Ahold of it

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let 'em get their patents NOW...

In 20-25 years the IP will be open for anybody & everybody to use.

As far as GMO cannabis goes... stock up on good seed now and you'll never have to worry about it.

You Beauty,,,

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I met some Dutch guys when fishing who grow the old Haze lines they're all still floating about on this forum if you know the right handles... All 5 of them

As for the patents.. You cannot patent a plant but you can register for such breeders rights. https://assets.publishing.service.g...ile/380005/plant-breeders-rights-handbook.pdf.

Patents https://www.gov.uk/patent-your-invention Read this & tell me if you think you can patent something :) I've never heard such nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqj-EC4qzx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH9sD4g5gUw

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seems the first burst of germinating has finished,, only 4 poped as of yet,, hopefully I've not let them turn to shit by not germinating them quicker,, they ain't even that old,, but I've found in the past all pure sat stuff seems to be delicate in the germination department,,, or am I wrong?