What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kevin Jodrey's skunk project

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
it's well documented these days that Skunkman bred the skunk out of Skunk because he preferred and selected for the fruity phenos.

others selected for low odor in the era of commercial growing before carbon filters for steath.

this video talks about Kevin's breeding program with old skunk genetic material trying to get back to the old school smells from our past and is very cool.

Wonderland Nursery's Skunk Project: Forgotten Strains and Time Travel
[YOUTUBEIF]VGrDVE4tNug[/YOUTUBEIF]

this video relates to the above regarding odors and aroma.

Why Your Cannabis Doesn't Smell Like the Terpene Report Says It Should
[YOUTUBEIF]6DxFq5lROGY[/YOUTUBEIF]

in this video he's talking about the loss of genetic diversity in the
forthcoming legal cali track and trace market and the new 6 clone a day limit coming up.
[YOUTUBEIF]t2hFWSI_ZCk[/YOUTUBEIF]

dc2569

I really like the info in these but i truely hope and believe he will not find what he is looking for. he doesnt deserve it anyway.

dc2569

genetics

genetics

This man is simply trying to find old Roadkill Skunk so he can make a shit ton of money off of it. And he has not integrity or ethics. He "HOLDS" everyones cuts for them and then really preforms his own breeding projects or renames a cut and sales clones of something and profits from it. I have an old classic funky skunk in seed form and a few cuts, but you dont see me making videos about how i am on this epic search for skunk to start pumping everyone up soon to be blowing smoke up peoples asses while taking their money. HAHA. I just hope he doesnt succeed. Maybe it is time for a small man or some poor old time hippy to finance their dreams instead of the big man. Whatever he creates will not be as good as the unknown fire still being produced in the illegal states on the east coast in the appalachian mountains. That is where the old skunk is, still being grown in a terroir that promotes the properties which make it real roadkill.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Nice olant DC. Looks familiar. Tallish, leands towards the sativa side of Skunk in growth with a bit of trippiness?

I grew RKS (not pure Skunk) in WA indoors in 2015.
It was a smoke I'll never forget.

(Most) Everyone today is going about RKS repro incorrectly.
RKS expresses more in outcrosses than all these incrosses and OP's everyone is doing

I wish Kevin well

Kushron

Oh!

Oh!

This man is simply trying to find old Roadkill Skunk so he can make a shit ton of money off of it. And he has not integrity or ethics. He "HOLDS" everyones cuts for them and then really preforms his own breeding projects or renames a cut and sales clones of something and profits from it. I have an old classic funky skunk in seed form and a few cuts, but you dont see me making videos about how i am on this epic search for skunk to start pumping everyone up soon to be blowing smoke up peoples asses while taking their money. HAHA. I just hope he doesnt succeed. Maybe it is time for a small man or some poor old time hippy to finance their dreams instead of the big man. Whatever he creates will not be as good as the unknown fire still being produced in the illegal states on the east coast in the appalachian mountains. That is where the old skunk is, still being grown in a terroir that promotes the properties which make it real roadkill.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75956&pictureid=1821681&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74242&pictureid=1772514&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74242&pictureid=1772511&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74242&pictureid=1772510&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Now that I have some background information I actually agree with you it's not cool that someone is exploiting past efforts of other Growers and breeders for sacrificed a lot for us to be at this place where we are now. I think that t
Chunky + dansbuds did it best by paying homage at the start before creating a strain he leads by example.

Take responsibility for the gift you bring not the gift you were given

D3pthCharg3

This man is simply trying to find old Roadkill Skunk so he can make a shit ton of money off of it. And he has not integrity or ethics. He "HOLDS" everyones cuts for them and then really preforms his own breeding projects or renames a cut and sales clones of something and profits from it. I have an old classic funky skunk in seed form and a few cuts, but you dont see me making videos about how i am on this epic search for skunk to start pumping everyone up soon to be blowing smoke up peoples asses while taking their money. HAHA. I just hope he doesnt succeed. Maybe it is time for a small man or some poor old time hippy to finance their dreams instead of the big man. Whatever he creates will not be as good as the unknown fire still being produced in the illegal states on the east coast in the appalachian mountains. That is where the old skunk is, still being grown in a terroir that promotes the properties which make it real roadkill.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75956&pictureid=1821681&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74242&pictureid=1772514&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74242&pictureid=1772511&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74242&pictureid=1772510&thumb=1]View Image[/URL

agree

G

Gr33nSanta

weird, to me kevinv jodrey comes across as someone that is a true cannabis afficionado, if he holds the cuts for everyone it must be that he has some skills for people to trust him with their cuts? Anyway, I have always enjoyed vids from him, learned a lot.

P-NUT

Veteran
Its his accent that makes people from appalachia not trust him lol. I like him and think his vids are cool and I would love to have a strainbank nursery its my dream.

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

Its his accent that makes people from appalachia not trust him lol. I like him and think his vids are cool and I would love to have a strainbank nursery its my dream but the accent does kill me. Its like listening to someone that doesnt speak english as their first language lol.

ok well that is the most ridiculous reason not to like someone. He could have the worst accent in the world as long as I can understand what he is saying I am happy. I have seen many videos of him, I love the series where he interviewed a bunch of breeders, I really like his personality, nothin wrong with that dude.

P-NUT

Veteran
I was making a joke and being somewhat serious. I like him too but the only reason I could deduce that dc2569 had a beef with him was cultural biases or jealousy. Im leaning toward cultural bias since the mention of appalachia but thats just my guess. The mass accent is hard to understand for some but Ive got fam from the south that sound like boomhauer from king of the hill. I hope kevin does find some badass roadkill. It seems strange to me that nobody has it by now though with all the breeders trying to bring it back.

B

beanz

love or hate the guy , he's passionate and very knowledgeable and takes time to share his information , wether that be self promoting reasons or not . if it is self promotion then he's a good businessman .....lets not forget he's running a business to make money just like alot of people .
people seem to frown on people that want to make money out of cannabis , why ? cause they can't get off there arse and be a success ,

guy simply provides a service , its your choice if you use his service or watch his videos . I personally find them enjoyable .certainly comes across that he's doing something he loves and pursuing his goals .

he's putting the work in ,

don't be jealous ..

Last edited:

AspenGas

I really like the info in these but i truely hope and believe he will not find what he is looking for. he doesnt deserve it anyway.

This man is simply trying to find old Roadkill Skunk so he can make a shit ton of money off of it. And he has not integrity or ethics. He "HOLDS" everyones cuts for them and then really preforms his own breeding projects or renames a cut and sales clones of something and profits from it. I have an old classic funky skunk in seed form and a few cuts, but you dont see me making videos about how i am on this epic search for skunk to start pumping everyone up soon to be blowing smoke up peoples asses while taking their money. HAHA. I just hope he doesnt succeed. Maybe it is time for a small man or some poor old time hippy to finance their dreams instead of the big man. Whatever he creates will not be as good as the unknown fire still being produced in the illegal states on the east coast in the appalachian mountains. That is where the old skunk is, still being grown in a terroir that promotes the properties which make it real roadkill.View Image View Image View Image View Image

Ignorance. Jealousy.
How does Jodrey doing what he's doing impact anyone else's efforts to accomplish the same goal?
It doesn't.

Why invest energy in hoping for someone else's failure instead of working towards your own goals?
Because you don't have the drive, ambition or intelligence to do what he is doing.
Small minded haters like you are the kind of people that if you ever did have a rare old strain lost to the world, you would hoard it and keep it in the hollar, just so you could have a sales advantage over your rivals on the other side of the mountain or puff out your chest and gloat that you had something nobody else could have.

Whether or not Kevin's skunk project succeeds, his efforts to share what he learns along the way instead of hoarding knowledge for an advantage in the most competitive cannabis market in the world, are part of what makes him stand out from the crowd.

Jodrey came from humble beginnings, committed his life to the plant as a teenager, moved out west while still a kid, paid his dues with the law during prohibition, built a business out of helping growers, sharing expertise and resources to ensure preservation of heirloom genetics into the future, making a big difference in the lives of the NorCal growing community and now through the internet, the global growing community.
He has lived a life and done things that many simply wouldn't have the balls to follow.

What have you done?
Manage to keep 3 plants of "unknown fire" alive for a few months?
Your unknown fire looks like skunk#1 struggling to survive.

Go ahead and "finance your dreams"(?)
You are just the "small man" to do it.

Rondon

Kevin Jodrey has more knowledge and done more in the name of cannabis than you punk kid tent growers can ever hope to have. Show the man some frikin respect why dont you. Assholes. Cmon.

While I wish him luck, every single one of these rks searches/hunting ends up in a bust. IT all goes like this person says I’m going to bring back the rks, I’ve got old beans, everyone watches and all that comes of it is person searching gets attention. For me it’s gotten to the point when ever I see a rks thread, I don’t click(oxymoronic that I’m saying that in a rks thread lol) because it all ends the same.

I’m probably going way out on a limb here but did rks ever truly exist? Or is it a marketing scheme to keep people interested. When Sam talks about breeding the skunk out of the skunk I have a short circuit in my brain. It makes zero sense....too stinky, pre filter era yadda yadda. It takes the very thing for which it was named and removed it. It’s like removing the shell from a taco and still calling it a taco

Kushron

love or hate the guy , he's passionate and very knowledgeable and takes time to share his information , wether that be self promoting reasons or not . if it is self promotion then he's a good businessman .....lets not forget he's running a business to make money just like alot of people .
people seem to frown on people that want to make money out of cannabis , why ? cause they can't get off there arse and be a success ,

guy simply provides a service , its your choice if you use his service or watch his videos . I personally find them enjoyable .certainly comes across that he's doing something he loves and pursing his goals .

he's putting the work in ,

don't be jealous ..

Well said it seems that everyone has their own opinion of this guy but I agree with some of the other people if he has been given other people's strains and genetics then they trust him for some reason and at the end of the day if he provides us with new or better strains then it's a win-win

dc2569

Im not searching for roadkill because i am very satisfied with the consistency of my skunk to express roadkill. I am working towards preserving the stable true breeding form i have in the most outstanding representation of the strain possible. By the time he has a seed that expresses a pheno of roadkill skunk, my roadkill skunk will be available in true breeding IBL form along with pollen from a tested proven roadkill male that skunks anything he touches and brings a hardy outdoor stable aspect to any strain. Sit back and enjoy the horse and pony show. If you want to test my statement pm me and see for yourself. Im only pursuing this for passion and willl gladly donate my passion to the world.

highsteppa

Veteran
If it’s out there we need all the help we can get finding it. Folks been looking a long time with no luck, so I don’t think we should be complaining who might find it and capitalize. Maybe it’s held tight by some old families, but how’s that going to help the cannabis community who want to smoke or grow it?

We were getting it for a brief time in 92-93 before NL repaced it and no chemdog/sour or any other stink strain has even come close.