What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thak1lla's 1st Grow

Scorp1on

First off,High All :joint:

Over the next month I will be updating this thread of my 1st grow. I recently ordered 3 pack of Nirvana seed: Blue mystic, Ice, Skunk Special, I also had 1 skunk red air seed left from 3+ year ago carefully conserved. I received the seeds 2 weeks ago. So for fun and because I couldnt wait I started my skunk red hair seed, and some days after I started 1 seed of Skunk special, and last weeked the ice and blue mystic.

So here I am I have 4 small plants, with all different age and in diff pots size too. I kinda wanted to start them to test my germ skills and also to maybe get some mother to be ready in 2 week when I will be moving and setting up my real growrrom . Right now the plants are sitting in a closet 2 x 3 x 8 and are under 4 CFL ''Cool White'' 23w but will be moved like I said in my grow room in 2week, under a 400MH and will be flowered under 2x600wHPS 1x400wMH(Still not sure maybe 3x600w).

Right now they are in soil but my system will be a bio-bucket or a recirc-dwc...Im still not sure about that either...

Here are some pics...

Skunk Red air, 1-2week old, she/he took a long time to show up 1week+,stretched alot, and some nute burn! lol but she is ok now :bat:

Skunk Special, This 1 is looking very good :yummy: ,about 1week old, showed up after 24hrs in soil.Germed 36hrs in paper towel.

Ice, Day 01 ~24hrs in paper towel, showed up after 48hrs in soil.

Blue Mystic Day 01, ~48hrs in paper towel,48hrs in soil.

Group pic

Temp, cant do much about it but let the door open for now, usually get around 85 when the door is closed. I will be using an a/c in 2week, but for now I can't use it.

So for now the future of those plants is uncertain...maybe they will finish their days outside....or inside....or maybe they will have alot of children, we never know!

Last edited:

Scorp1on

Oh I forgot, I wanted to add that...

I got a new Camera today,Panasonic DMC-LZ5 its a 6,0 MG, 6x Optical zoom, 24x num., im still playing with it so the pics are not the best.

My new 1, around 400$

The 1 I was using, I couldnt even take a 1 pics of my plants with it...around 100$, 2MG, 3x optical zoom.

If anyone got some tips let me know! I wanted to say something else but forgot! :pointlaug

Edit: I remember...I wanted to add that I tryed to germ 3 of the freebie I received(South African x Skunk#1) and none germed...same for my friend, right now I got 4 of them trying to germ and 1 left in the bag.

Any comment about anything will be appreciated(sp?)!

PS: sorry for the poor english!

:wave:

Last edited:

Scorp1on

A lil update, 3days later, for those who care...and for myself cos im bored :badday:

1st the SkunkSpecial:

Skunk Red Hair:

Ice day 004

Blue Mystic day 004

Skunk red air and skunk special are around 2week old I think!

Im going to move in my house in 6days :yoinks:

I know veg pics are boring but thats all I got for now...I hope to get some reply :wave:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
Thak1lla said:
A lil update, 3days later, for those who care...and for myself cos im bored :badday:

I know veg pics are boring but thats all I got for now...I hope to get some reply :wave:

update all you want man, this is your thread. :moon:

j/k hey bro the veg pics arent boring, they give us a look into your growroom, if you just came at us with flower shots we wouldnt know the lil plants hitory! keep it up, cant wait for the new house updates! congrats man :joint:

ColoraDro

i agree that i like to see veg pics also i retain from posting veg pics unless its a strain that people ask about or havnt seen...

other then that post the shit out of your grow dude you should be proud you have such a nice first start to a grow :wave:

froth

I too have started my plants on 23 watt CFLs and what a gloriously great way they are to start off a plant. They put off barely any heat, yet at the same time give off enough light for plants that are just beginning their lives to grow and flourish. These two lived under two 23 watt CFLs for three weeks. After this pic I switched them to a hps. but DAMN! look what CFLs can do.

Scorp1on

The Dopest,ColoraDro thx guys!

froth; yea, well I started them with 2 x 23w and 2 x 45w cfl but ''soft white'', The 23w are 1600 lumen and the 45w is 2900!!! A couple days after I found out that ''cool white'' was better but I can only find 23w max in my town... So now they are sitting under 4 x 23w ''cool white''. I might add more cfl later when I move out, or might just use a 400w MH. But CFL always stay cool, I can touch them with my hand no problem...the fan also help a bit :chin:

thx for the replys guys! Peace!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very nice grow so far, plants are looking great. I just build a custom reflector and I have 4 X 85w 5000k CFL's in it. They put out some heat but as long as there is airflow there are no worries. CFL's are great

-Funk

Scorp1on

Heya! Long time...

I moved to my new house so I couldnt update for a while...finally got internet installed today and after 1hrs looking for my usb cable for my camera....here is my update :joint:.

1st tha Skunk Special!

Skunk Red Hair

Ice day 13

Blue Mystic day 13

Groupie pic

Ok next...

Here are some pics of my future grow room...and I would like some input on how to ventilate it. I got 2 AC I can use, the 1st is a portanble AC 10k btu and the 2nd is a window AC 5k btu. The problem I have is how to change the air inside the room, like you can see in the pics I got 1 small window in my room, but its only a window that goes to my garage, not outside, so i can't get fresh air from it. And the air inside the garage is always hot when I put my car in. So how should I work this out? I don't plan to use CO2 for now...I thought of just setting 2 inline fan, 1 to get the air out and the other to get some air in and use a carbon filter to keep out the bad odor of my grow room and my garage, but I don't know if that will provide enough good air for my plants. :confused:

So any help would be appreciated...sorry for tha bad english :moon:

edit: anyone know where to get some panda plastic other than hydro shop? and whats those yellow spot on my skunk special?

Last edited:

Scorp1on

almost forgot...I ordered some more seeds from Seedboutique last week and received them yesterday.

Female seeds - C99
Nirvanaseeds - AK48 - Bubblelicious - White widow
Freebie Skunk #1

Also Ordered last week 3 x 600W HPS digital and 1 x 400 MH/HPS. I didnt received them yet...hopefully tomorrow

G

Oh boy, you are going to love those 600watt HPS lamps. Thats all I would ever buy, don't care what people say about the 1000watters. 600watters are much much much easier keeping cool with excellent output.

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
very nice man... where did you order your digi 600s. been looking @ mdhydro for mine but if there cheaper somewhere else id rather go for that...

Scorp1on

tokinafaty420: yup 3 x 600...is kinda better than 2x 1000w, 3 bulb of 90 000 lumens = 270 000 lumens...and 2 x 1000w is 280k lumens...and i will be using 1800w not 2000w....

UmphreyMcgee420: I got mine from Hidhut 180$ each 600w...

Scorp1on

The postman visited me today!

Received my 3 x 600w HPS and 1 x 400 MH/HPS, 1hrs after I got 1 MH and 1 HPS bulb...I wanted to builb a DIY cooltube for the MH but the bulb is so big :yoinks: so I made 1 for the 600hps and put it over my 4 plants...I might get a reflector or 2 tomorrow...Right now its not fully cooled but its ventiled :bat: temp are around 80, not too bad

Also...2day ago(I think) I ordered more seed!!! :yoinks:

mandala seeds, Speed queen and hashberry! :lurk:

:wave:

Last edited:

Scorp1on

High guys! A lil update today cos its raining outside and im bored and got nothing to do!

So here we goes...like I said I received my 4 ballast and tested all of them and they are working fine! :hotbounce

I bought a reflector for my MH so now they are under it...I paid 160$, but thats because I didnt want to wait...I will probably get my 3 other reflector from Hidhut because the ballast are really working fine(for now), and their reflector is only 120$ and their bulb with 95k lumens 35$, I paid 150$ for my EYE Hortilux at the hydro shop :yoinks: and its 86k lumens! lol!

The plan for next week is: im going to order my reflector maybe...get some black/white poly for my walls, get some potting soil/perlite and start my seeds(waiting to get my hashberry and speed queen seeds). I wanted to go hydro but I changed my mind because I want alot of strain and keeping the right ppm for all plants will be hard, and I want to start alot of seeds and select only the best and find a strain I like. I only tasted 3-5 strain in my 8+ year of daily smoking that is going to change soon :joint:.

Here are the pics:

None of them showed sex, but I guess its still too soon yet, Skunk red Hair and Skunk special are around 30days old.

Skunk Red Hair

Skunk Special

Ice day 018

Blue Mystic 018

Grp Pic!

Getting Ready! :woohoo:

I still don't know how I will vent the room to get fresh air. I might make 4 room In my main room, #1 for Veg, #2 For mums, #3 for flowering, #4 will be a small 2x2 with AC and some fans to exchange the air to the other rooms. Any idea greatly appreciated! Peace! :wave:

Scorp1on

AbaZabba: Thanks

DrawoH: yea me too, the red hair is a seed that I had in a small bag for over 4+ year...he/she got a hard time germing and starting but now its all good...maybe i will get something nice from it....

Scorp1on

Time for an update!
Alot changed since last time, Last week-end I planted 5 seed of each strain I ordered, so right now I got about 50seeds sprouting :woohoo:... I added 1 reflector to the flower room and im waiting on my 2 other reflector to arrive(next week). Today I got 2 x 440CFM inline fan with a speed controller...1 of the fan will cool the reflector and exhaust the air into a ''air room''and the other will bring air in the veg and flower room. In the ''Air room'' I will be using a 11k btu AC to cool the air and will have 2 90 CFM to exchange the air, 1 will push the air inside the garage and the other will bring some air in...

Also I didnt figure out how to make a door with the black/white poly, I tryed with velcro but its not lightproofing enough, I might get some 2x4 and do it that way, I don't want it 100% sealed just lightproof, cos I wont be using CO2 for now...

...My 4 plants are not too bad...I didnt take care of them for a cpl of days but now I think they're ok, Im now using Pure blend pro....also my mix for my seeds is 17L dirt 5L perlite...status of seeds is 100% germ rate in the mix...I didnt germ them in paper towel...straight soil...

Some pics, Skunk Special:

Skunk Red Hair, not looking so good but the burn stopped for now

Blue Mystic day 28, Need transplant, didnt grow for 3-4days..

Ice day 28

All Strain

Speen Queen Rushing out...

The room...

Also the strain are:
Nirvana; Blue Mystic - Skunk Special - Ice - AK48 - White Widow - bubblelicious
Female seed; C99
Mandala Seeds; Speed Queen - Hash Berry

Any help/sugestion/comments appreciated....

K1lla!