What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deepsoul's ak48

deepsoul

ok a little update..no photos no time...
dumped and refilled 50 litres a tub by hand.. i have a water pump but cant get decent hose that doesnt kink for the 10metres the water has to travel to drain..sigh...

ok so intial

ph 7.6
ec 0.3
ppt 0.15

After 10ml of Oxyplus and 12ml of emsom salts

ph 8
ec 0.55
ppt 0.26

After a 100ml of nutes ( I backed off by 50ml)

ph 6.8
ec 1.58
ppt 0.8

After 10 ml ph down

ph 5.3
ec 1.6
ppt 0.8

I doubled air supply to 9 liter per minute a tub

ambient temps are 25c
relative humidity 50 percent..

water temps after one bottle 27c after 2 and lids shut will be down to 21 within the hour...decreasing water from room temp is a bitch but I cant see it hurting being that high for sucha short time..

ambient temps are lower then room temp for water as I run ac 24/7 at the moment..too hot and humid otherwise...

will update with pics later...

deepsoul

31 day update with pics

31 day update with pics

hi folks

came home from work and looked at my garden mmm its getting a lil overgrown hehe...

So I am letting my ph rise after i forced it up a bit with tap water so its nearly at 5.8..it was 5.7 when i just tested half an hour ago and things dont seem to be getting any worse..everything is growing.. in one tub there are 3 plants that show no problems at all..ie no rusty spots...although one does and another has a few burnt tips of a fan leaf as the other day it just decided to sweat and of course the light burnt it...

I think everything is on the up and up... poor little ak48s..wel some are about 14 inches as a gestimate...

now do peeps think that theses are female preflowers?? I am hoping so...as at this stage i am thinking I may only have one male... they look like female preflowers to me but i dont see any pistols..may have to get the camera on tripod and use the digi zoom....

has anyone got any ruff ideas on how much these might stretch in flower???

BudsbyKano

there gona stretch a lil bit u let them veg for a good amount of time the root development is im guessing massive ur gona see some big plants with tight buds.as for the pre flowers you really cant tell by those pictures, and if ur still under 24/o light the AK48 shouldnt be showing sex unless ur usein HPS light to veg with the AK48 dosent AUTO FLOWER. well happy harvest i cant wait to see ur finishd buds it will giv me the motivation to start my AK48 for som new taste and mommas.

jungo

it varies depends on the phenotype.
i have two phenotypes, one stayed very very low , the other streched about 8-10 inch more .

great start,buddy!!

great start,buddy!!

I would say,this is a perfect start for your babys!:smile:
you will get a great harvest!!
I`ll come to smoke some with ya!! :joint: :lurk:
keep going on with your good work!!
greetz,
german budbuffer :sasmokin:

deepsoul

budsbyKano: the root developement isnt that great as I have been running ph too low..I have picked it up now and quite a few really white new roots are starting to grow...yippee..things are back to how they were...

jungo: thanks for the info....I just reme,bered reading somewhere that plants can stretch up to 2-3 times their size in flowering..whilst that wouldn't be a problem..I have just been wondering..

Hi germanbudbuffer: thanks for the look in and kind words....you would have along way to travel to smoke with me....

I would like to thank Dankhill heaps for the information/advice he gave me when things looked bad....it really helped....thankinyou :smile:

deepsoul

I was just looking at my aks and giving them some excercise
and i was thinking about the wide variety in appearance of the same plant
and there is this one that just sits in there unphased and just looks perfect
I hope this one is female..above the rest.. it just seems so happy..

im getting the change of light schedule and lightbulb twitch...

-Dank Hill-

Here is a chart that you can use for soil(left) or hydro(right)
on how nutes are taken up @ different PH levels.
Click on it, Copy it or print it, and use it.:jump::whip:
:D :ying:

G

they look nice but how much do you yeild of those guys? ive never grown anyhting that small before good luck

deepsoul

interesting chart dank... cheers

420KushMaster : I don't know, i havn't grown before.
still deciding on when to change bulbs and hours..

I reckon i will veg for a week or more yet...
who knows I might grow trees...

I dunno the 600mh is about 12 inches from tops and the lumens are pretty good for area ...i think i will lower shade a few inches as it doesnt feel warmish until bout 6 inch from glass..

I snap a few main stems to get more light to lower branches and the snapped stems recover very quickly... it was an accident on both times really but its all good...

I am thinking when I flower I will need to tie a fair few bramches up :smile:

if i was experienced i think a scrog would be good on some of these phenos.....

hows about the stretch on those lower branches ?

here is my favourite lookin ak48..pushin 17-18 inches and doesnt seem to have a care about nuthin..just grows...

deepsoul

i guess i have just been doing some lst...

have been doing for the last few days.. im trying to get the lower branches on some of them level with the top growth tips..

this isn't the largest fan leaf but it proabaly a good example of the either ph lockout or magnesium deficiency... things are going well but as i have added epsom salts and raised the ph at the same time, i dont really know which is the contributor...both probably...

anywayz its as big as my hand is in length from finger tip to base of palm..

lazboy

Looks good sofar deepsoul!

Ive been going with AK-48 for the past year and could'nt be happier with it!

Here's a few shot of some of mine at day 37/flower..

I'm in soil but, Hopefully youll have the same results!

Good luck to ya! :smoker:

deepsoul

lazboy: they look very fine.
I hope mine turn out as good :)
to what height do you veg until? what sorta yeild ? etc.

Just topped up tubs with water today, they still have a nute ec of about 1 in both.
Added some oxyplus and adjusted ph. I will only adjust ph down 5.2 - 5.5 once and then let it drift back up as this seems to be very good for them... I have fresh roots growing like crazy..I doubt i will be able to get them out of the tubs via the netpots anymore...without loosing lots of roots...
i dont think I will have to anyway.

Last edited:

klaze

lookin good deepsoul, keep up the excellent work. I have been following this thread for awhile and Im starting to get anxious to see the results. AK48 is going to be the strain I grow, as soon as I get my shit set up. Best of luck to ya

Klaze

deepsoul

36thday from seed

36thday from seed

arrg ok...

so I have messedup on my dates in my thread in places...I hope no1 notices.

today is day 36 from seed so 1 day in on the fifth week and the last week of veg for me...I nearly just flipped to 12/12 but after having a think on how well the roots are growing and how that is goona help yeild and working out my dates properly i will leave it a week longer..

tallest is 2 feet and i guess others would be too except I been snapping and bending stems...

Last edited:

greenhit

Good Day Fella's, :)
Well going to read this thread backwards.
Got me 2 ak-48 mothers revegging. Plan
to make it a staple of my garden. I got 2 phenos
one short one which turned more brown when dried
and the tall pheno which is more hard hitting
short is soft hitting. Both excellent.

peace,

Greenhit

Hi to BeansS
vic mackay

greenhit

veg time and yield on the forty 8ts

veg time and yield on the forty 8ts

Sorry Klaze, not trying to distract deepsoul from your question.

Regarding my experience with Nirvana AK48
Well the yield was not good enough for me
i vegged like 1 month, I would say vegg them as
long as you can and you will get a single big cola.
Mine were like 20 and 24 inches for 2 that I grew.
I flowered at like 10 inches tall or so.
I got like 10 grams off the small one and a couple more
on the taller one. The short pheno had a more soft smoke
and a better high. The long one was really expansive smoke
hard to get a big hit, but the high was great but slightly less
head than the short one.

- green