What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

minds_I

Veteran
fr33th3w33d said:
the one about the guy in a hotel room.. is that possibly from a chuck palahnuik book?

Hello all,

Its the open lines of the sone "Twilight ZOne" by Golden Earring.

minds_I

Uncle Jesse

Where the head goes the body will follow (Smokin Joe)

Why do people use fear and force.......because it works.

if if's and buts were candy and nuts......what a wonderful world it would be.

six of one and half a dozen of the other.

cop asked me how that guy get in that condition if it was only a arguement ?
i explained he was talking when he should have been listening.

Uncle Jesse said:
if if's and buts were candy and nuts......what a wonderful world it would be.
if ifs and buts were gifts and nuts.
it would be christmas every day.

if if was a fifth i'ld be drunk.

con#1~ "what day you getting out."
#2-"wednesday!"
#1-"really? this wednesday!"
#2-"yep. whens they let me."

that sux :pointlaug

G

I am currently trying to live forever......................so far, so good!!

Bh :wave:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
well not sure if its too original or not...

but im sure many of you have heard stuck between a rock and a hard spot...

i thought my stuck between a stone and a high spot was pretty clever...

either way i dont wanna read through all these tonight so i dont do duplicated but ill throw some true quotes in later on.

Dime

sirharrynuggz

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die in the streets like dogs... There's also a negative side." Hunter S. Thompson

"If I'd written all the truth I knew for the past ten years, about 600 people - including me - would be rotting in prison cells from Rio to Seattle today. Absolute truth is a very rare and dangerous commodity in the context of professional journalism."
Hunter S. Thompson

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all"".
Martin Luther King Jr. (Letter from Birmingham jail)

Last edited:

cooter1

''Some know this text as "On the Duty of Civil Disobediance." Its original title is "Resistance to Civil Government." Thoreau wrote it in 1849.''

I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"

C. A. Beard - You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in their struggle for independence.

CAUTION: I am not Kosher !

Help! Bankrupt the federal mob, grow your own~Txgrown

"Everything faded into mist. The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.
Just once in his life he had possessed -- after the event: that was what counted -- concrete, unmistakable evidence of an act of falsification. He had held it between his fingers for as long as thirty seconds." George Orwell, 1984

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."- Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." (Euripides)

~~~~~~~thats a few of mine I have hundreds more,lol~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

cooter1

Patton -"Peace is going to be a hell of a letdown."

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is in prison -HENRY DAVID THOREAU

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

"Death solves problems, no man, no problem. " – Stalin

"The Tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants." (Thomas Jefferson)

God Forbid this country go twenty years without a Revolution. What are a few lives, so that people will always remember the price of Freedom.-Thomas Jefferson

"Without a revolutionary theory there can be no revolutionary movement." ~Nikolai Lenin

"We have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." ~George Washington

"It is better to deserve an honor and not receive it, than to receive one, and not deserve it!" -- Mark Twain

"Put your trust in God,but mind to keep your powder dry"- Oliver Cromwell

"He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence"-William Blake

cooter1

Don't ask for a wishbone, when a spine is needed.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - Robert Heinlein

Last edited:

Mirage

ok...here are a few......enjoy.....

"You can say whatever you want, as long as it's what we want you to say."
What's the logic in that?" - inflorescence

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored".- Aldous Huxley

"Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket." - George Orwell
----------------------------------------------------------
The following, except for the last quote, are all from George Orwell's book "Animal Farm"

"THE SEVEN COMMANDMENTS:
1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal."

"The animals were happy as they had never conceived it possible to be. Every mouthful of food was an acute positive pleasure, now that it was truly their own food, produced by themselves and for themselves, not doled out to them by a grudging master."

"FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD"

"'I have no wish to take life, not even human life,' repeated Boxer, and his eyes were full of tears."

"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Snowball had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Snowball had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after the mislaid key was found under a sack of meal."

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same way in any country." --Nazi Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials, 1946

^^......does any of this sound familiar.....?

Riddle me who this reminds you of..........

Peace,
Mirage

The Uncola

"Those who hunt monsters need to be very careful that they do not become monsters themselves. The view into the abyss can be horrifying" - Nietzsche

(Used as the intro to a book written by a serial killer profiler)