What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor security

Love to get y'alls wisdom.

This morning I found out that one of my plants was gone. It's about 6 ft tall and three weeks in or so. There were no traces of the plant at all. It seems like it was pulled out at the root because nothing was cut off but the soil was not messed up. My gut tells me that it was a human, but it's far away from any humans.

How would you handle it? Could it be an animal?

green404

If it is on your property their is lots of options. Light sensors are cheap they light up when something walks a crossed. You can get sensors that will make noise on the site or remotely in your house. More money you can get cameras, less money you can get a game cam(just hang it high enough it won't get easily stolen).

If it's not your property you are out of luck.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks yall. It's my property and there is no one close.
Oh wow I thought you just meant a ripper on a guerilla grow. Are you in a legal state? If not, it is not worth even mentioning a theft to law enforcement and you have no legal recourse. If it is a legal state though that's theft of property.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Game cams, locked to whatever they're mounted to.

I've gotten a bunch of pics of the deer roaming my garden.
They've nibbled down a couple of plants.

Also, you say the soil appeared undisturbed?

Is the stem cut below the soil line?
if it is you can laugh your ass off at the dumb mofo that took that immature crap!

Game cams, locked to whatever they're mounted to.

I've gotten a bunch of pics of the deer roaming my garden.
They've nibbled down a couple of plants.

Also, you say the soil appeared undisturbed?

Is the stem cut below the soil line?
if it is you can laugh your ass off at the dumb mofo that took that immature crap!

That is why it is so weird. There is no stem cut below the line. The soil looked undisturbed. Poor girl..

Satyros

Inconceivable.

The implication is that you have more plants, and a camera won't do much to save them. The way I would handle it is traps, really nasty ones. I believe that is illegal everywhere, but, that's still what I would do. Off the top of my head, there isn't really an animal or human that can take something that big with no trace, except I think there are a few special uprooting tools that might be able to do so.

Depending on the situation, it might be feasible to set up a non-harming trap that rattles a bunch of cans or something like that. But some kind of physical deterrent seems more useful than photography.

CrossBones

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This really sucks,,, Game Cams mentioned alot, but look for "No Glow" camera's.. that way they don't see the slight red flash of the "Low Glow" camera's.. Going thru the same thing here, securing property from night time bow hunters with night vision... Long term, I'm planting a living fence of American Holly from seed around the entire property border line.. Eventually I'll only really have to monitor the open access points..[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As mentioned ptz wifi or 4g camera's with long range night vision, long range remote driveway alarms, ect.. Really want a deep pit with spikes all around, but local laws won't allow for it. :(
[/FONT]

Inconceivable..

" you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Haha

It must be conceivable because it did happen. That's why I'm so perplexed.

What kind of traps? I do not want to hurt any innocent animals.

Last edited:
Oh wow I thought you just meant a ripper on a guerilla grow. Are you in a legal state? If not, it is not worth even mentioning a theft to law enforcement and you have no legal recourse. If it is a legal state though that's theft of property.

Yup.. Legal state but getting law enforcement involved in the announcers is never fun.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
These

These

I have never used them but I would. Nobody gets hurt but they will never come back. https://www.pyrocreations.com/12-gauge-perimeter-alarm.html

All these are great ideas. Thank you very much.

I can't use an auto sprinkler because I don't have a constant source of water there. I water with drip.

I set up a game cam tonight. So we will see what comes up.

If another one goes, I'll have to research the 12 gauge alarm. Although I am on a hillside so if the alarm goes off the whole valley below my piss their pants.

I also thought maybe you might be a gopher, but I couldn't find a corresponding tunnel. And there's no way a gopher could drag away a six-foot-tall plant. Although branches have been known to disappear.

Awesome community, Thank you.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
That is why it is so weird. There is no stem cut below the line. The soil looked undisturbed. Poor girl..

You know where this is going.....:biggrin:

picture.php

Attachments

• Aliens.jpg
    Aliens.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 20
The Verdict....

Well... The intruder has been busted on trail cam. It was a fucking Fox. He came right back to the scene of the crime. He was right on the old cage. Leave it to a fox to be top-notch a covering up a crime. Grrrrrrr..... Now how to protect the other little girls

Latest posts

Latest posts