What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green gold: how China quietly grew into a cannabis superpower

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Plantations are flourishing thanks to Chinese-developed hybrid species that have not just survived but thrived in the country’s disparate environments.

Every year in April, Jiang Xingquan sets aside part of his farm in northern China to grow cannabis. The size of the plot varies with market demand but over the last few years it has been about 600 hectares.

Like every other hemp farmer in Hexin in Heilongjiang province near the Russian border, Jiang is growing the plant legally.

The growers sell the stems of the crop to textile factories to make high-quality fabric, the leaves to pharmaceutical companies for drugs, and the seeds to food companies to make snacks, kitchen oil and drinks.

https://www.google.nl/amp/m.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2108347/green-gold-how-china-quietly-grew-cannabis-superpower%3famp=1

Kankakee

China has a recorded history that dwarfs other civilizations. They invented many, many things long before other countries.

The water supply has a correlation with actions and they have a rich and deep history with hemp. So you could garner much knowledge from them but not sure they are keen on passing that knowledge .....

Yea, I mean still not buying anything grown in china. Maybe i'll try grabbing a history book and looking back on what once was.

stim

bio accumulation is for real that concerns me. China however doesn't it is what it is with Chinese products consumers are probably buying nutrients made there already. Nothing against china especially if you are in the cannabis field.
Still wouldn't buy anything grown in China, especially hyper accumulators.