What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Drying up nice and slow, keeping the temp low and humidity high.

19.5 C degrees and the RH is around 70-75%, with plenty of air movement and air exchange.

blackone

Veteran
A fresh batch of clones is always such a nice sight:) Are you experiencing any problems placing them so close to each other? I used to clone like that except I used jiffys and normally it would work very well, but sometimes half of my clones would catch mold because it spreads inside the dome.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
A fresh batch of clones is always such a nice sight:) Are you experiencing any problems placing them so close to each other? I used to clone like that except I used jiffys and normally it would work very well, but sometimes half of my clones would catch mold because it spreads inside the dome.

No not really, but I air them out about once a day to prevent this.
Normaly I don't ude bottom heat, I don't know if this will change things. Now they are getting bottom heat from the veg light below, but I read 26C is great for rooting so I don't expect it.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
First LED Harvest

First LED Harvest

All right the numbers are in

For a test, with 3x 40$ lights all incl. 116 grams of smokeable buds. Im cool with that!
Will they win a cannabis cup, not likely
Will they look impressive on pictures, or next to my HPS buds. Nahh.

Will they look like my HPS buds once grinded, most likely!
Will I get high from them - id say there is a definite possibility.

I will follow up with a smoke report!

No not really, but I air them out about once a day to prevent this.
Normaly I don't ude bottom heat, I don't know if this will change things. Now they are getting bottom heat from the veg light below, but I read 26C is great for rooting so I don't expect it.

I use a heating mat religiously for clones and seed starting. I normally set it to 65°F. Heated clones seem to root more than a few days faster consistently. Only thing you have to do is keep an eye on the rooter cubes as they dry out pretty quick using heating matt.

Congrats on the harvest! I'm willing to bet that there will be no problems catching a buzz with that crop! I bet those lights would kick ass on a mini sog run.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I use a heating mat religiously for clones and seed starting. I normally set it to 65°F. Heated clones seem to root more than a few days faster consistently. Only thing you have to do is keep an eye on the rooter cubes as they dry out pretty quick using heating matt.

Congrats on the harvest! I'm willing to bet that there will be no problems catching a buzz with that crop! I bet those lights would kick ass on a mini sog run.

Thank you, I will be testing the best results in a SOG grow. In the nearby future, I just need to sex some seedlings and I will do LED flower run more. This time only with the dual row strips.

The clones are doing fine, so far there have been no need to water them. Still plenty of moisture inside the cloner, and the felt mat should even out droplets running down the side.
They are on day 4 and looking healthy and strong.

I keep an eye out for these little droplets, on the plastic wrapper around the cube. As long they are there, I don't add water.
Tomorrow on day 5 I give them a mild folia feeding, with Biobizz fish mix.

blackone

Veteran
Nice rooting. I might have to try copying that:)
What do you do with the felt mat? Just cut it in squares and leave it on?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Nice rooting. I might have to try copying that:)
What do you do with the felt mat? Just cut it in squares and leave it on?

Nahh last time it was much more crude, I just broke the cubes off the felt mat. I tried cutting the mat with a scissor, but it was tough and I broke off the first few cubes trying that.

So I just did that to them all, transplanted and figured now they all had about the same root mass :biggrin:
Not optimal, I need to buy some perlite.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Removed the felt mat in both cloners, also spotted roots on one of the clones in the 2nd cloner.

Sprayed the cubes with the same BioBizz Fishmix, I use for folia spray (about 1½ ml to 1 L water)