What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st vert grow - blueberry headband

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Prodigygrower, your right about them not making their fems and them being made in Europe (probably Spain and Holland), but fortunately I had no problems with hermies. I only ran a 5 pack though.

Thanks lordofthenugz :)

Cheers Ichabod, I hope they stretch for another 2 weeks with the bulb being higher than they are. So far they're growing well like this. I need to start cutting away the smaller sucker branches that will not produce much in the next few days. I was going to start today but I've noticed some of these sucker branches have now grown into decent shoots that will produce nice lil nugs. Giving them 3 or 4 more days then I'll start hacking.

Some times I will leave just the tip of the sucker branches. These will make decent buds where as the ones closes to the main stem are small and get tedious to trim. All depends on if I can get them enough lite to make them solid. I hate trimming fluff.

If they stretch to much you can always bend them back on themselves to fill in if need be. Down side is you then end up feeding unwanted stem.

BigPhil

Veteran
Now then Shhh how the devil are you old bean? Me Likie the new set up dude, Ill be pulling up a chair and sparking a phat doobie for this one :D

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
picture of health mate looking forward to seeing this unfold

cheers mate, a couple plants were sailing a lil to close to the sun which has discolored the leaves a bit, but there also the fatest buds in there so far.

Some times I will leave just the tip of the sucker branches. These will make decent buds where as the ones closes to the main stem are small and get tedious to trim. All depends on if I can get them enough lite to make them solid. I hate trimming fluff.

If they stretch to much you can always bend them back on themselves to fill in if need be. Down side is you then end up feeding unwanted stem.

The stretch is now well and truly over, I need to defoliate a bunch of leaves - which I started doing today, and cut those sucker branches away. Been too busy of late to get it done. Gonna get on with it tomorrow for sure.

Now then Shhh how the devil are you old bean? Me Likie the new set up dude, Ill be pulling up a chair and sparking a phat doobie for this one

Hey BP how's it going bro, nice to see you around. Thanks for joining the thread. hope I can get some decent pics for you guys to enjoy once buds start to fatten up nicely.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Couple pics from today :) I moved the lamp up to tie some of the plants back it usually a little lower than it is in the pics.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The stretch is now well and truly over, I need to defoliate a bunch of leaves - which I started doing today, and cut those sucker branches away. Been too busy of late to get it done. Gonna get on with it tomorrow for sure.

Haha sounds like my grow.

nickman

Veteran
I got some super sour Og and sour lemon Og from Et I dnt know how good the ss og and sl og is the fem gear sucks hermi city in my experience but I didnt know that they dnt make the fems they only make the reg seed in cali the fems are made in Europe by other people from what ET told me stand up guy though told him about my problem and he sent me out 2 10 packs free of charge So i'll get to them one of these days your's look bomb though!

That's crazy because I had two super sour og and both hermied but not too bad... The grapefruit Khrushchev on the other hand turned out to be a full on male... All were feminized seeds... I also read that their fem seeds were from Europe or something...:tiphat:

DirtyBurger

Looks great shhh, keep up the good work, my new set of plants are in the same situation, although I did move away from coco. I could not get rid of the ol fungus gnats. I got 1 hermie this round but I put that down to a faulty digital timer, the bastard thing died on me and was only giving 5 hours of light in flower for a few weeks.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Vert Forever

Vert Forever

I see buds :woohoo: Looking good mate. Have you got a screen for the center? it will make sure your buds don't grow into the bulb and get burned. What kind of temps are you getting?

Peace
HGO

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looks great shhh, keep up the good work, my new set of plants are in the same situation, although I did move away from coco. I could not get rid of the ol fungus gnats. I got 1 hermie this round but I put that down to a faulty digital timer, the bastard thing died on me and was only giving 5 hours of light in flower for a few weeks.

Cheers mate, I can't stand the fookin fungas gnats either, but luckily this run I have seen 1. Sorry to hear about your problems on the faulty digital timer. I always use analogue grasslin branded ones for this reason and haven't had one fail ever. Hopefully you have better luck with your current/ next grow.

I see buds :woohoo: Looking good mate. Have you got a screen for the center? it will make sure your buds don't grow into the bulb and get burned. What kind of temps are you getting?

Peace
HGO

Lol @ seeing buds :D The screen in the center [insert whistling smiley here] lol! I've been a right lazy bugger with this grow, nothings changed there! So I have yet to get a screen in there. They will need one though or I'll need to tie them back a little better as there's a couple colas that have got pretty close to the light not burned but bleached the leaves.

Temps are pretty low tbh, like 23C. They're crowded in there though as they got bushy as feck, I did mention ,e being lazy right :p so trimming didn't exactly happen lmao! Well this si just a run for some smoke and to see how the vert thing works so as long as I get at least 0.5gpw I'll be ok.

Should have some new pics soon they're a tad over 4 weeks into bloom now.

Thanks for stopping by guys!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey lads sorry for the lack of updates, the plants are on a few days away from being chopped down @ 8 weeks, they could easily go another week but need them down asap really. Will hurt the yield a bit as ideally these are 9-10 weekers but they look ok now and have been on GH ripen for a week today which should help them to finish up a little better.

Got some pics but can't upload for some reason, will try again tomorrow.

Hope your all well and your gardens are green :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Ok.... finally uploaded those pics... better late than never aye :p

Was thinking of letting them go 9 weeks but found a couple minor bits of mold on some buds so had to hack them at 8 and a bit. The mold was minute really but didn't wanna risk any more. It's my own fault as I didn't have night time temps in check and humidity spikes really don't help, no space for a oil rad in the tent and bit of a pita to have it by intake as things are set up... lesson learned, lol!

Like I mentioned before this run was more of a test than anything, plus I was real lazy with the grow, not pruning or defoliating much at all. Still I see a lot of potential with vert growing. Think I had too many plants in the tent as things got crowded without fierce pruning. Would really like to try a stadium if space permits soon.

Anyways, here's what they looked like @ 7.5 weeks...

Last edited:
S

sweetestsin420

wow,very nice grow,i envy you right now :) im slowly running out of my stash!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers sweetestsin :)

This landed just in time, stash is non existent so I've got a couple buds ontop of the carbon filter to dry out a lil quicker!

S

speedemon

Shhh my friend I wish I saw this earlier (my fault for only looking at UK forum) looks like vert is working well for you mate :) I am considering trying it again one day but I have too many other projects I want to complete first ;) Great work mate enjoy your smoke.

BigPhil

Veteran
Hello shhh some great looking nugz in there mate, Your making my mouth water nom nom, its shame about the bud rot ast least you cought it in time, I lost a fair bit over the summer coz of all the rain and a few other things, snipping off what i could see and leaving them a few days longer didnt help