What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

P91 info

sandiegograsman

Ya so last night I told my buddy in Hawaii who used to be from RB to look at those pics an he was totally tripping out. That stuff is so recognizable. He was saying how he could practically smell it. Hell, I keep getting the urge to scratch an sniff my screen.

Ogp91fam- I'm just waiting for word that my cuttings have feet an I'll be headed in. How does one communicate privately around here?

dammmm scratch and snifff snifff and sniff sum moe for reals i got the same urge SDGRASSMAN no chit...more pics pleaseee if theres anyone out theere in the world that has this post it. and i think to comunicate privately you need to post 50 times b4 u can send PM's not shure though

Swoop420

Great info and pictures!

OGP, if that story is true (and I'm not disputing it) then you deserve some credit and gratitude - I always enjoyed smoking the P and looked forward to the next session with her - excellent work, bro!!

A good friend of mine used to run the P in Oceanside. Most of it was spoken for before it was done, and during that time we were both pretty busy doing different things, so I didn't get to see it all that often, thus, it was always a special treat when we could get together and he had some to share! One thing he did usually have a lot of, though, was the scissor hash that he called, "funny ball". He'd have a box full of those gumball sized, sticky, stinky, hairy balls (haha yes, I said hairy balls - save the jokes :p), and man was that stuff potent and tasty!!!!! A true treat to be treasured!!

I forgot what ever happened and why he quite running the P (or how he lost it?), but I know that not too long after that, he started running a cut of the Super Skunk (hard-hitting super dense single cola and stinky as all hell) and the Jedi. He said that he might be able to get ahold of the P again, but that never happened and he has since passed on (RIP brother!). I remember the smell and flavor to be exactly how you describe them ... and then there's that potency! Yep, I miss the P, too! I recently picked up a cut and I'm about to go get another from a different source, so hopefully one of them turns out to be the real deal. *crosses fingers*... needless to say, I'll be beyond stoked if that proves to be the case! Wish me luck! If things don't pan out, the search continues...

Thanks again for all the great info everyone! We really are lucky to have a place to share and exchange stories, pictures, and information like this!

Respect!

Swoop

ThaCollieMann

I used to live in san marcos and I know a glass shop owner and a buddy of his that had the p....they were also closely tied to the seedless fam.....

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Trips me out that the P91 was created in the South Bay of LA, where I've grown up and lived for 30+years. Never was able To find it in LA but always had luck getting a bag in North County SD. I'm totally blown back by this revelation.

onefinity

Kalgrae- I saw our post over there- since it was posted in January, I'm guessing it's finished an smoked...so is your cut the real deal? thanks!

Happy Times

i love this part of my life....i was deep in the scene and we were running around taking this stuff pretty seriously....i only wished the medical scene was there to legitimize our efforts in those days, and i would have surely made it my life's work instead of just a pastime. But the future looks good and i would like to get strains like p91 and even better....it is still possible, just takes a lil more digging these days....

Anyway..to answer your question of how we let it die, i hope you dont mind if i cut and paste an answer again...but i had answered the same question a while back on another site so why not just keep it easy......so here is my two cents on that:

"@ kushkills>crazy thing about it was that it finished flowering in 45 days....super fast. The plant was a sport...a one-off freak of nature, to be sure. Short, almost non-existant internodes, they were so close...so branchy, and lil nugs, all about walnut size or smaller but tons of them...super dense, golden amber and squat nugs...short and wide. Really no smell when growing...if you rub a leaf on a flower, you get almost an anise smell...strange, cuz it didnt smell pot-like. That smell goes away when it dries and the smell turns more thai like. The female sister of the father (thai) seeds that were used to make the p91 cross took like 80+ days to flower...super long. and a super small and airy yeild....great flavor but a long time for a small yield which was why having the baby come out a fast bloomer was just odd...truly a genetic anomoly.

@kushmeister>WHY DID WE LET IT DIE?? the answer is a classic case of what has happened far too much in our world when people hoard strains and get greedy instead of sharing.....a hard lesson learned. (One i honestly still struggle with sometimes with the new crosses. But i am getting much better at sharing and letting go)
Here is how my closest friends and I lost the p91:
We only let very few people have it....many that asked were told no. We also were young and new to the game and were really purely lucky to end up with such a great strain to begin with...we had no idea that it was better than everything else we would try to grow later...we figured the strains would just keep improving as we crossed them...we were confused, which led to bad breeding choices like 4-way unstable crosses instead on inbreeding and hybridizing using homogenized and/or pure strains that retained desired characteristics when bred instead of just getting a huge mix of results where the strongest characteristics survived instead of inbreeding for the more subtle but wanted characteristics. We were crossing like crazy and had too many strains going in each location, so we would share the responsibilities of keeping them going...one guy would grow and clone the p91 another guy the psk, etc....and we relied too much on each other, something i would never do now. We were growing in soiless media in those days, and reusing the soil over and over because we thought it made the taste better...we were saying, "This is organic p91 in third-round soil" we were proud of the fact when we got to 3-5 rounds of soil....then bam, science caught up with our technique which had been working so well....SALT BUILDUP! THe organic ferts. we were using were breaking down slow but by the time a few rounds passed, they were overwhelming the plants. We figured it out too late, and many many of the plants started failing...bud size was down to nothing and we believed the rumor that strains got sick and old when cloned and thought it was just at the end of it's line. By this time, the eyebleed (p91 x a nevil pure indica) was hugely popular and growing well and producing much more, so we started mass populating our grow rooms with it instead of p91 feeling like it was the next better thing....it wasnt. We kept a few going...and the sick plants just werent cloning well...fewer and fewer were surviving and we were focusing on other plants...there was an effort to keep it alive though....two people were charged with keeping a couple of p91 mothers each alive...one was in SD when all the raids went down, and he killed everything in a frenzy to get rid of all his plants...the other guy in LA was just spacing and let his dry out one day, and that was all it took...a simple mistake. we tried to get it back right away, knowing it was a mistake to let it die, even though it wasnt being appreciated the way it should have out of excitement for the new stuff coming out. A few people said they had clones soon after, and they were good friends who really might have gotten the og version, not a cross...especially one guy in san clemente that i lost touch with who MAY have been the ONE guy to keep the original alive and maybe that is the source of what is now circulating...i just dont know.

Many strains i know of died for very similar stupid reasons and mistakes....always because they were not well shared because of the competitive nature we had in those days. we all wanted to claim to have the best. ED2 (earthday 2, 422's sister) was actually stronger than p91 but nowhere near as tasty.and SOLID purple/black, not a green speck on it...it put you to sleep and was actually too strong. It is gone too, and just as missed. Same with Cream Green and only a few guys up north are still growing the 422, another legedary strain from that day that is almost gone now. This is why i want to be much more out there in the community now and why i am such a fan of this site and the information sharing that is going on...it is just that information is always capable of being wrong, or exaggerrated, or misinterpreted, etc....so it is good to be skeptical, i understand that, too..."

Love the story! Any ideas on how to avoid that salt buildup issue mentioned?

acespicoli

cool info....and yes....i agree that there is for sure a poway connection. Most of the original growers lived there or close by in del mar, oceanside, vista, etc.... And my two best friends who had it down there are good friends with the poway boys and many of the guys who got busted....they did have p91...they got it from us. That is my only point, that it was not created in Poway and that the confusion came from the fact that so much came from that area, i think someone just made the wrong connection or made it up....but the p stands for peanutty 91, not poway 91 is my point. Yes there is a poway connection....it just wasnt created by the poway boys...they simply made it famoous. It does sound like it is out there..and i agree that everything i have seen so far that says it is p91 is not...but i think from what i hear, that some do have the orignal...i sure hope so, and that i too will have it again soon....gotta run...but nice hearing the stories.....thanks!

reminds you of peanut butter yup !