What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aero... its ok

little-soldier

Glad to see another aeroponic thread. I've been growing LPA trees in storage bins and have had some success. I can't really control the temperature of the water so I've been using hydroguard and pondzyme with success but hate the sludge that pondzyme makes in the reservoir and in the lines. I was goanna try using some bleach with an ORP meter but I have found recently that you can run physan20 at the rate of .5ml per 23 gallons. The problem with H202 is that it evaporates even quicker than bleach. I would also love to use zone but they dont sell it here in canada. How do you monitor the H202 level in your water OKaero and what is your waters temperature? Why don't you use a mild bleach solution like some farmers do? I have read online that people who used H202 still got root rot but I guess there could be a lot of factors here.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see another aeroponic thread. I've been growing LPA trees in storage bins and have had some success. I can't really control the temperature of the water so I've been using hydroguard and pondzyme with success but hate the sludge that pondzyme makes in the reservoir and in the lines. I was goanna try using some bleach with an ORP meter but I have found recently that you can run physan20 at the rate of .5ml per 23 gallons. The problem with H202 is that it evaporates even quicker than bleach. I would also love to use zone but they dont sell it here in canada. How do you monitor the H202 level in your water OKaero and what is your waters temperature? Why don't you use a mild bleach solution like some farmers do? I have read online that people who used H202 still got root rot but I guess there could be a lot of factors here.

I got Zone on Azon, BUT, apparently the formula has changed. I was told the old version is best

hth

Okaero

I have run bleach, it work alright. h202 seems to work better and is easier to measure since most household bleach doesnt have any % labelled on it. H202 smells better too. I don't monitor the strength in my res really, and I find the better i get at nozzle placement the less i need it because if you can mist the roots correctly they will never rot. That being said my res is a bit small it lasts about a week and I run drain to waist with R-O top ups after day 3. So i start the week with a full res 1ml/L h202 and it drifts down/ dissipates over the week. if i'm dealing with something I want constant full strength i'll add back .5ml/L at day 3 to whatever level the res is. Usually by mid flower if the roots are looking strong they stopped growing so you dont have to worry so much about Rot and you can stop using it.

I made a fault...I put too much H2O2 and they are still alive but not in a good shape. They recover slowly making new roots, but meanwhile, is there something i could do for them?

How much? Why do you say that?

I thought it was old H2O2, and i put twice more or even more to clean the pipes and rez before i let the plant stay in. And after 12 hours, i put the plants.
They almost died and now, after 5 days of gentle care, they recover making new roots from the root riot directly. I put enzymes yesturday and they liked it.
The old roots are all brown.

little-soldier

okaero, technically, you should'nt be going over 75 with your water temp so technically you don't need h202 but I get why one would want to use it anyways.
Planning on using some floralicious (to add flavor) once maybe twice a week and I was wondering if the h202 would interfere with it.

Okaero

okaero, technically, you should'nt be going over 75 with your water temp so technically you don't need h202 but I get why one would want to use it anyways.
Planning on using some floralicious (to add flavor) once maybe twice a week and I was wondering if the h202 would interfere with it.

Have you noticed a difference with vitamins? I think it would interfere, you could test it just put some in a glass and see if the h202 bubbles when you add it... can you foliar instead? Or just cut h202 when you add it for a day...

Lantic

Hi Buddy, could you please put more photos of how the Aero tables are assembled? Srry for my english

Okaero

Hi Buddy, could you please put more photos of how the Aero tables are assembled? Srry for my english

1” xps foam board, silk screen bottom, then mylar bottom to collect runoff with a hole poked in the middle over a bucket. I can’t take pics as i got rid of it. The sprayers etc are all john guest parts that are reusable so i build new stuff and experiment and break it back down alot...

little-soldier

Thx Okaero, I'll keep that in mind. I bought 200 micron nylon screens from rosinevolution.com and hoping that roots wont block the water from draining. Do you remember what size micron your silk screen are and also where you bought the screen. Thanks

Okaero

Thx Okaero, I'll keep that in mind. I bought 200 micron nylon screens from rosinevolution.com and hoping that roots wont block the water from draining. Do you remember what size micron your silk screen are and also where you bought the screen. Thanks

100-300 works, <100 i havent tried but seeing how they drain making bubble hash I think its too slow.

Latest posts

Latest posts