What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Birds.

St. Phatty

Cannabis Birds.

Cannabis Birds.

attachment.php

Finished the Salad and now they're heading for the main course.

Part of the Salad ended up on the Floor.

attachment.php

The one with the light colored bottom has grabbed the plant and is ripping off a piece of bud.

attachment.php

The red chicken has climbed up on one of the pots and is attacking the meal from a higher vantage point.

attachment.php

That wasn't enough so she is back for more. She lifts up the plant with her beak before ripping off a piece.

Cannabis is the only plant they eat like it's raw hamburger.

i.e. very enthusiastically.

I bent the stem a little so they could reach it easier.

It's a Sativa plant that hasn't gotten any decent resin, just another boring plant. Medium seeded which I think increases the Bird Appeal. :woohoo:

They spent about 2 hours enjoying it. I think they ate about 1/2 of the parts they like.

I hope Cannabis plants can't feel pain !

Attachments

• rip2shreds__.jpg
    rip2shreds__.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 46
  • rip2shreds_2_.jpg
    rip2shreds_2_.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 53
  • rip2shreds_3_.jpg
    rip2shreds_3_.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 45
  • rip2shreds_4_.jpg
    rip2shreds_4_.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 63

St. Phatty

birds are dinosaurs

Yes, going to get myself some flying feathered dinosaurs today.

Got to pick up some bare-root fruit trees.

I have a small bird living indoors because the flock has rejected her.

Thought I'd give her some babies to take care of.

Actually, the cat normally helps with that. If he doesn't eat them.

St. Phatty

Had a neighbor's 2 dogs come thru Monday, scared the hell out of about 10 birds.

The dogs were friendly, but the birds can't tell.

one of the birds did not re-appear and I just could not figure it out.

I know sometimes Silkies will get stuck, and for some reason not call for help.

So I walked again, through, the garage, around the perimeter of the retaining wall etc.

Found the Lost Bird - hiding under a box - fortunately not in the sun & fortunately there were no predator animals near her in the 3 days she was Stuck.

Her left leg is paralyzed ish - it was stuck in one position for 3 days.

Hoping that massage etc. will help the leg recover.

at least she's eating :party:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20200604_101836_Lost+Found-Bird.jpg
    IMG_20200604_101836_Lost+Found-Bird.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 53

'Boogieman'

I feed crows leftovers and peanuts. My neighbor does the same (he turned me onto it) and he has chickens which the crows seem to protect. Anytime a hawk enters the scene the crows go mad and give chase to the hawk.

St. Phatty

Woken up at 1 AM by a bird squawking in the garage.

Could be just a hyper nervous bird - or a sign of a predator.

Checked on Super Mom. I started the day Thursday with 13 birds.

Then I found the mother that had been hiding on a box full of old clothes. She had 13 chicks ! ... unless one has since died.

attachment.php

Will feed them for a few days in their current position, 7 feet off the ground. Eventually chicks will start climbing out of their box and falling on the floor. That's one way to learn to fly !

Actually that's when I move the box down to floor level.

Meanwhile the bird that was squawking at 1 AM has a hidden nest somewhere.

Finding it would require cleaning the garage. I might need an Obamacare grant for that.

Attachments

• birds3.jpg
    birds3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 47

'Boogieman'

I been feeding a wild turkey who visits my property often. He eats all my strawberries but I don't care. I feed him corn, pumpkin and sunflower seeds. He likes to peek into my house and gets excited when he sees me. I never thought a wild Turkey could be so friendly.

Attachments

• 20201101_091646.jpg
    20201101_091646.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20201101_091627.jpg
    20201101_091627.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20201101_092406.jpg
    20201101_092406.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20201101_091651.jpg
    20201101_091651.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20201101_091638.jpg
    20201101_091638.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 44

buzzmobile

Veteran
I been feeding a wild turkey who visits my property often. He eats all my strawberries but I don't care. I feed him corn, pumpkin and sunflower seeds. He likes to peek into my house and gets excited when he sees me. I never thought a wild Turkey could be so friendly.

Pretty cool, 'Boogieman'. That "he" looks like a "she" to me. She might be falling in love.:biggrin:

St. Phatty

My chickens have eaten about 2 cubic feet of plastic the last 4 years.

I decided to formalize the procedure. To limit their access to the styrofoam slabs they love so much (insulation for dry ice storage & CO2 for plants). It was stored in the garage & they went BERSERK on it.

attachment.php

Related to the general subject of plastic pollution.

8 million tons get dumped in the ocean every year. 16 billion pounds.

So if you had birds that weighed an average of 6 pounds, and they ate their weight in plastic each year, you would need 2.67 Billion chickens to make that ocean-bound plastic disappear.

There are about 24 billion chickens in the world.

So I posted video on Facebook of my birds eating ground up High Density Polyethylene, about 1/2 an ounce each for 2 of the most hungry birds.

Screaming Karen Fest !

"cruelty to animals", "going to report me to the Humane Society", etc.

Fascinating response.

The Cannabis Link - the manure from the birds that ate the styrofoam was a primary part of my Compost Tea for 2020 summer grow.

It is is some of the best pot I've ever had.

Anyway, as time allows, I will find a chemistry lab to help me "measure" the droppings.

I want to find out if the plastic is actually disappearing, or just being ground up into a trillion pieces.

Attachments

• screaming-karen-fest2.jpg
    screaming-karen-fest2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 47