What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In a post-apocalyptic world, what would the best strains be to start over again with?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Let's say the world is ending by nuclear annihilation, but you were prepared and have a bad ass bunker deep underground that will allow you to wait it out for several generations if needed. Let's say that you know it will be up to you to start cannabis over again, at least for non-hemp selection purposes anyway... What strains would you keep and why?

I thought about this, and I was wondering if it would be more important to save landrace genetics from around the world, or the early generations of drug-selected hybrids, or some of the legendary inbred lines that all the current polyhybrids came from.

I suppose I would try to save some of the original "dutch" strains that most of today's current offerings came from. Landraces would hopefully come back on their own after a while, and if we had to start all over again with NL, Haze, Skunk, Afghani, and Blueberry, it probably wouldn't take too long before we were back to Kush everything again.

What would you save to start all over with?

harry74

Veteran
Northern Lights.

Strong, good production, I don´t think the bunker would have more than 1 m grow.

If you have to wait several generations , is a long wait, you have to smoke while you are there and if the end of the world is kind of nuclear holocaust you are going to be so depressed ( Like On The Road film)so is better to be totally narco- sleepy to overcome that fuck up reality.

¿Any good that SSH Hush?:biggrin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah man this SSH makes me wonder about lots of things I don't normally wonder about, lol.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
skunk (because it would save you years of work)

a good afghan
colombian
mexi
thai
congolese

how many can we have?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I guess for the purposes of this discussion, we only have room for like 5 to 10 strains. :dunno:

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Distantly related lines to extend diversity.. x18, thai, some manner of sour possibly some diesel or chemdawg s1s in great abundance, same deal for ogkush.. I think if I had to pull a 1 lighter for 50 years with my current seed stash future generations would be well pleased.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I'd want true breeding potent genetics that were easy to grow, tough & would finish well outdoors at my latitude. Skunk. NL, except that I don't care for the stuff. Here in Denver, maybe Spanish outdoor varieties like Queen Mother. Outdoor varieties from eastern Canada, maybe. Consistent autoflowers. Stuff you now for sure will work. In a post apocalyptic world, horizons are very short, meaning the rest of the world has to take care of itself, just like you.

It'd suck to emerge from your bunker at 35-45N with totally tropical seeds that'd never work outdoors.

Koondense

Veteran
Thai, Colombian, Zamal, Nepalese, Indian, Oaxacan, Congo, Malawi, Maroccan, Afghan and Ruderalis:)

Oh yes, haze:D

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
The first point to consider will be ease of cultivation. Because a nuclear war (remember EMPs) most certainly destroys most power plants and electrical gear, indoor cultivation won't be possible in the beginning, pesticides won't be available, and humanity will again depend heavily on the goodwill of nature and the 4 seasons... Therefore, I'd go with different genetically multifaceted, highly resistant, and easy to cultivate landraces or hybrids thereof. Maybe a bit from all over the world, who knows how the weather will be after WW3 and some years of nuclear winter. And certainly some multipurpose or 'pure' hemp varieties... because there won't be any cheap cloths made in China and no more goodies made by Nestlé or Kraft any longer ;) .
Oh, and most importantly some bad-ass rotten-meat-reeking roadkill Skunk to distract all the zombies :D !!

offthehook

Veteran
My own Arctic Diesel Ryders, cuzz If all else has been nuked into obllivion, Photo's would not be able to survive where I'm at. ^^ :D

Only Ornamental

Veteran
My own Arctic Diesel Ryders, cuzz If all else has been nuked into obllivion, Photo's would not be able to survive where I'm at. ^^ :D
Things may change quicker than you'd think and when you come out of your shelter... TADAA!
Tropical-Island.jpg

PS How do you start a world war again?

harry74

Veteran

harry74

Veteran
" Seige-by-bear was common at the original 50$ underground house when, during the early 1970´s different bears respectively broke in trough the firewindow,the barbecue Windows, and the cooler. (...)

Author shot bears in 1972 and again in 1974-the first as the author stood on the roof, the second as the bear stood on the roof. That dissuaded them from years, so author was surprised on July 2, 1978 to see, entering the Uphill patio, abear displaying every intention of busting into the house. Yells did not discourage him. A shot from an 8 mm Máuser did.(...)

The animal charged down trough the patio, fell, got up prepared to charge again, and received a second shot trough the spinal column wich killed him. (...)

Holding religious beliefs that one should use all of wich one kills, author phoned local taxidermist to get help tanning hide, was persuaded to call game warden to get legal rights to animal killed out of season. Notified, game warden inmediately consfiscated bear,but promised meat would go to retirement home,hide would be salvaged. Game warden promptly buried bear- meat, hide,claws,all- for reasons author finds totally unacceptable.

Author did manage to hide heart and liver, both of wich he promptly devoured. Sincé you-are-what-you-eat, author now-absurdly- claims he is a 175 lb. bear liver."

:biggrin:

Only Ornamental

Veteran
I'd ROFLMAO if no poor animals would have been involved... the author deserves his destiny.
We have not much bears (or wolfs for that matter) here and the few we have got shot 'legally' for absurd reasons and because farmers don't know what guard dogs are.

harry74

Veteran
Slovenia?

The few bears that we´ve got on the pyrenees come from there.
usually they hang in the north ( french) side.

Besides that in Asturias there are some (north spain) I think there are locals not imported.

bf80255

If it was just 1 strain it would probably be tom hills haze because of the genetic makeup is basically all the trippiest sativas (minus some african and im sure something else im forgetting) definitelt wouldnt want an ibl or anything too stable i would want as mich variation in the line as possible.
If i had 5 or 10 choices then
1.THH
2.somas Lavender
3.DJ shorts blueberry
4.landrace maui wowie or (greengenes cherry bomb :D )
5.ak47 automatic (for auto crosses)

Latest posts

Latest posts