What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why can't Cops seem to be doing the right thing?

offthehook

Veteran
This question has been on my mind a lot lately, and in spite of trying to find answers myself to this already I now would like to hear some other ppls answers to this as well.

Personally, I only have always had negative experiences with cops when I needed them most, and hence I would not even want to call em if I was in some real serious trouble > knowing they would only make a situation worse or at best > Not bother being useful at all. > Disclaimer > Not even in completely legal settings on my behalf.

With a different approach towards the public, Cops could have become an actual valuable asset towards society and help us being safe from sociopaths harm.

Nowadays they are mostly a pain in the ass to pretty much everyone I know, and I wonder why the police departments don't seem to pick up on that and hence forth alter their strategies of operation.

What is it that makes em running the same course as they are doing now, and as a matter of fact only seem to run a stray with it?

Why is there no 'common sense' in their methods of approach, and why does no one pick up on this internally at the highest ranks and become a fucking hero?

I once had an uncle who was a detective in the highest ranks. He then became a whistle blower and lost his job. WTF is going on? Could someone please fill in the blanks?

What happened to: Doing what's right at the highest levels?

Please don't come telling me for the hundred millionth time that cops are being pigs, I get that. I just am trying to get a more holistic picture

HunterJ

Cops are representative of the brute force in the dominant strain of our western christian judeo culture. Civilization is a thin veneer behind which lies the same old human nature, manipulative and rapacious. Look around at the fact of things, there is your answer, no mystery at all.

The 'intelligent' thing to do about it, if you are not moved to 'reform' society (human nature) - a futile task, is to detach from the emotional consideration of 'others'. Simply done but not easily. Your uncle did, to a point.

Finland, a wonderful country, and people - one is the other. Beautiful winter snow falling in endless darkness at -40c, walking on the frozen sea. Enjoy the simple things ...

Last edited:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Someone once shared a theory that the reason so many officers have abusive personalities is because frequently, the types of people who are attracted to law enforcement are usually types who were bullies to begin with. They went on to state that many of them harbor borderline psychotic and deviant personalities and are somehow able to get past the vetting process. It stands to reason that the promise of power and the lack of oversight is appealing to these types. Maybe the vetting process should be vetted! It appears that all too often many officers go well beyond what is required as far as violence is concerned. What ever happened to aiming for non lethal targets when firing on citizens? And why is it so common to see a large number of officers swarm on just one person? Understandably situations can and often do escalate quickly, which is why it is important for officers to get thorough and effective training in how to deal with the public. Because clearly there is a vital component lacking in the process.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
a1.jpg

HunterJ

Another way of seeing cops is as anti-bodies of the immune system of the ruling culture. Their sole purpose is to guard the life of the host body/culture by suppressing anything/sub-culture that appears as a threat.

I find it best to keep it impersonal ...
gangster.gif

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
You're not imagining it... police forces the world over have changed fundamentally. They are no longer even *pretending* to be public servants, or spouting mottos like "to protect and serve," because they are indoctrinated into their positions as paramilitary troopers. They are taught that citizens are animals, like prey, and they are the predators that keep everything in line. It's very seriously fucked up and Orwellian... believe it or not, I'm not even one of those conspiracy theory nutjobs, and I still can see how the world we live in is now a police state.

Where do we go from here?

Bulldog420

Veteran
It amazes me people are just now asking this question. The police state is here, these questions should have been asked in the early 2000's

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just have to look at the way they dress theses days, looks like they are off the fields of Afghanistan!!! Fucking insane, I don't like em anywhere around me!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the government is militarizing the police because they can get more revenue into the military complex which in turn goes to private contractors in no bid sealed contracts

most police hiring standards require average intelligence (yes there is in intelligence cap) ex-military preferred.

Bulldog420

Veteran
the government is militarizing the police because they can get more revenue into the military complex which in turn goes to private contractors in no bid sealed contracts

most police hiring standards require average intelligence (yes there is in intelligence cap) ex-military preferred.

I disagree, the government is militarizing the police because of what lies ahead for America if things are not turned around. They need a force to keep the people down when they up-rise. Just my two cents.

therevverend

Veteran
In my area a lot of police officers are ex-military types. They love the pack mentality, crew cuts, and see the world in terms of good vs evil. Many of them are already damaged goods suffering from PTS from combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Than they have to deal with homeless drug addicts the lowest caste in our society. They see themselves as superheroes looking for a chance to combat evil and instead get stuck babysitting drunks and crackheads. This builds up a huge amount of frustration waiting for a spark to set it off.
They see the weak, poor, insane castoffs of the 21st century and start to hate and fear them. This builds up until they see everyone different from them as infected by this disease.
It was an inevitable outcome of the war on drugs becoming a war against the poor. I feel sorry for cops. They have a terrible job. You would have to be a saint not to become jaded violent and corrupt.

RonSmooth

Veteran
Cops are representative of the brute force in the dominant strain of our western christian judeo culture. Civilization is a thin veneer behind which lies the same old human nature, manipulative and rapacious. Look around at the fact of things, there is your answer, no mystery at all.

The 'intelligent' thing to do about it, if you are not moved to 'reform' society (human nature) - a futile task, is to detach from the emotional consideration of 'others'. Simply done but not easily. Your uncle did, to a point.
s ...

Perhaps the detachment from emotional considerations for others is why the veneer of civilization is so thin in the first place.

And as for cops. Yeah, they are all pig asshole facists!!!

They think ALL drug users/dealers are scum simply because they might have encountered a few truly reprehensible people who happened to grow or use pot.

Unbelievable. Can't they see the faulty logic in this type of thinking?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they already had an "us against the world" mentality before the "war on drugs" started. then they started recruiting otherwise unemployable psychotic ex-military into SWAT teams because they knew that they would not hesitate to pull the trigger. not all police fall into these categories, even today. but the ones that you would open the door for if they knocked will NOT be the ones they send to your house with a search warrant, you can count on that. it is only a matter of time before citizens start shooting first in order to survive...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I wrote a letter to the editor of local paper years ago while the local LEO was on a binge of writing tickets for running red lights, stop signs, texting while driving, failure to yield etc in order to make the point that I saw LEO do these very same things every hour or so out my window where I worked. "how do you expect folks to respect the law when LEO violates these very laws?" I asked. they e-mailed me back & said "we are going to print your letter, but we have to put your name & address on it, no anonymous letters will be printed." I told him to fuck off & die, I did not need the SOBs sitting on both ends of my street & outside work every day waiting for me to get in the car. the editor knew my name, there was no reason to out me to LEO except to protect them from adverse publicity & expose me to their vengeance...:ying:

HunterJ

Perhaps the detachment from emotional considerations for others is why the veneer of civilization is so thin in the first place.

That's one way of seeing. In my experience once you go with emotion you no longer get to choose which you'll have.

I wouldn't suggest objectivity precludes a compassionate outlook. It's really a matter of experience; if they haven't suffered from their behaviour or attitude they don't evolve.

Nobody escapes their karma, it's on the rubber band of identity. :biggrin:

I have an uncle who used to be a Boston cop; he never smiled, wasn't very talkative, more like a jerk. All he was interested in were war movies, and shoot-em-up thrillers. No wonder I haven't seen or talked to him in 30 years. My mother used to tell me stories about her childhood years, growing up with her brothers & sisters. She would tell me that he often went out with a BB gun and would kill birds & other animals just for sport. Her other brother(RIP), would get into bloody fist fights with him because he was completely different, and he loved nature & animals.

What to learn from that, is many of the police out there; were, either conditioned or conditioning themselves since adolescence, to become what they are today. It is bone-chilling to say the least, we see and hear all too often how they appear to enjoy pulling out their guns and pointing them, & shooting when it wasn't necessary. How can one explain that it was necessary use of force when a dead, & unarmed suspect is found with over 20 bullet wounds to the back? Answer...They love to shoot! We also see the police brutalizing defenseless people with violence, because they were standing up and speaking out about something they didn't agree with. Now, more so-called laws are created, so that you can't even protest anywhere without getting harrassed, or beaten & hauled off.

Just look at the difference of how police look today compared to how they looked 15 years ago? I see so many of them wearing full tactical gear, like they're ready for heavy combat. Conspiracy no longer a theory!

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
the police here have started a teen police league ...modeled after the Hitler Youth League.

...locally known as "Snitches 'r' Us"

offthehook

Veteran
OP here.

I find value in almost all of your writings and would want to encourage your information to continue.

TBH, I have this same thread going on an other Canna forum as well, and by comparing one with the other, much of it has already become much more clear to me.

For now, I get to think of it as it just all being plain business that is being based on a detachment from emotional considerations. Yup, works for me. :)

But I see now that there could be a second use for this thread.

I started this off out of ignorance about our present situation.

Now that I see we are all pretty like minded about it, what could be the next move we each individually can make to have this police system working out for us again?

Since it has already gotten more and more a pain in the ass to most of us, I would really like to encourage a constructive discussion about this particular phenomenon.

I myself am certainly not the smartest knife in the drawer on these matters, but sure am very eager to follow this conversation.

Since a general dissatisfaction is already known to exist, conversation is where it all should begin imo.

Hopefully and maybe it could lead to something?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

My own personal approach to all this is to rebel by just being a stand up guy who's trying to be honest, fair and respectful to others for as much as is reasonably possible, live without fear & greed and try doing the right thing in accordance with my good conscience and in disregards of consequences.

'Shall see where it 'll get me, eheh :)