What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

zamzia's floating ideas thread

zamzia

Veteran
Cheers toppin :tiphat: My first proper attempts at growing were tent SCROGs! 1m2 tents 600/400watt (had two tents!). Best yields I've had! 14oz from a 600W using a waterfarm. I thought with the extra space and ripping Heath's system I'd be able to get at least 10oz (only 1oz per plant) off each tray. I realise this system is new to me, but I'm defo getting something wrong with this to be pulling such poor numbers :( Perhaps I should clear the room out and put two tents back in!

Meison

hey zamzia, since you are using trays and there's no need to move the plants I would def use a scrog, some cropping/super cropping should do just fine!
Even if you don't want to scrog, you should top early and super crop the rest of the branches. cropping has been a great technique to me

hope this helps

DunHav`nFun

Hey Zam.....All the help yas need has already spoken bro......with a light over each tray yas gotta spread out and drop your lights AND canopy to make up a "minimum" of 3'x3' area for each light and scrog fuck outta them bitches , tuckin , pinchin , and tuckin some more.....then....

By complete end of stretch , you`ll see how much shit ta clean out underneath for max canopy light penetration till end of cycle....IOW....

Lights as close as possible over each tray WHILE still maintaining said " 3'x3' footprint" but not scorching/bleaching tops , and like has already been said , lst' ing , topping , supercropping , etc. , "whatever" it takes to create a "dense" canopy by end of stretch , but not too tall where the lights can`t get down to the very bottoms that`re being kept...and then.....

Atfter runnin each strain over and over till you KNOW how tall they`ll get by end of stretch is the 1 thing 99% of growers never take into consideration in developing said canopies to hold ALL they can hold.....anyways....

All it takes is just cleanin out more or less @ or below screen level underneath till yas dial how much they`ll jump by end of stretch , and all things fall in line after that.....Hell.....

Those GG4`s look like they were grown in the hash fields of Afghanistan with all that shit gone beneath and only tops swellin above , lol.....nugs look damn good though I might add , it`s just there`s SOOOOO much more room for nuggage once each tray`s footprint area has been established.....aight.....

Get back ta work and good luck Zam....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

zamzia

Veteran
Thanks for the tips and advice Meison and DHF. I've not done this as I was sure Heath transplanted to 12/12 with just a few shoots on the top of the plant and let them go from there keeping the lower parts clear to focus energy on the top colas... I was basically copying his technique. You're right on the strain choice DHF, I need to stop chopping and changing and focus on one or may three (one strain per tray each rotation) so I really KNOW the strain and what works best. Guess I'm hoping too much too soon not giving myself, or wanting to 'waste' time, fiddling around. I think I got here thinking I could just do what Heath did and get good returns. My mistake.

DunHav`nFun

What you`ve gotta understand Zam , is that a lot of what Heath did was never shown online , in that he already knew where each table would end up from running said strain on every damn setup he had cuz he ran a different setup at EVERY location he had , and Heath had as many smaller rooms as Hilton hotels....

The KING of perpetual that taught me how to go from 60 lbs per yr for over a decade with Krusty buckets , to fliprooms X amount of time in age behind each other in smaller rooms and quadrupled that return yearly with increased plant numbers and perpetual rooms finishing and being re-planted right behind each other every 9-10 weeks strain dependent , but with each location dropping harvests down to every 4-5 weeks in my situation.....but.....the devil`s in the details....and....

The learning`s in the doing,,,,,,don`t beat yourself up cuz it gets easier every run as long as you pay attention and learn from last grow.....now....

The 26 ozs he pulled from each of those trays was pick of the litter fully rooted cuts that had been hand-picked out of VERY many just alike but the one`s that rooted fastest and grew similarly growth structure wise were what was run on EVERY run at ALL locations , and Heath never touched on a lot of the behind the scene fundamentals except in PM or in chat way back in the day at other old dead sites , so again don`t beat yourself up....

Takes runs under yer belt bro....more amd more......the more you learn the more you earn , and all that other profound bullshit , lol.......anyways......

Environment and proper watts per sq ft are your friend....dial RH and air exchange with proper light and you`re ahead of the ballgame from the get....

Take care bro.....I`ll be over here on my bucket....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

zamzia

Veteran
Not much happening here chaps, sorry. Just keeping on with the usual shit. Making mistakes as much as possible ;)

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Nice setup up dude..I use a modded 4 pot willma for veg .before moving into buckets

As for training styles..google search mainlining.if done right yields can be unreal ..scrogs can take longer as you need to fill the screen and lst can still leave you with popcorn..they do work though just like supercroping and fimming (aka fim) ect ect ect. I think mainlining is we're you would like to be..

Keep it green
Highlander

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Hey theHIGHlander. Thanks for the tip, never heard of that so I'll check it out ;)

Please do bro.. One of my buddy's pulled 32oz from a standard 8 pot willma..next round he's modding his willma and going to try mainlining.

I will just get my seat,popcorn,and my bong,I will prop myself right hear to watch the show:tiphat:

Keep it green
Highlander

Miraculous Meds

Isnt main lining, just topping early to create 4 or more main branches right away. theres a million ways to train n prune ur plants. got to put together what works best for the environment, strain, light, n space, that u plant to give it.

I was rereading dhf's post, n it got me thinking. We copy these great ideas like the Wilma set up modded by heath. Then we skip a few small details to change the system for how we wanna run it. Theres nothing wrong with that, but sometimes we miss some fundamental ideas during our changes, that doesn't allow us to have the same successes as the people we are mimicking. Like monocropping the same clone, n also on top of that selecting the best clone of 4 that rooted the fastest n is growing the healthiest, to flower with.

I think that's a big tip that im gonna incorporate on my next run. Cut 4 times the amount of clones needed. take the best 25% to flower, n cull the rest. I usually try to take double or at least 50% extra to have some choice. But a lot of times, I only take enough to fill the flower room, cause im constantly trying to keep several strains of variety in the stable at the same time.

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Isnt main lining, just topping early to create 4 or more main branches right away. theres a million ways to train n prune ur plants. got to put together what works best for the environment, strain, light, n space, that u plant to give it..

Yeh I suppose it could be looked at like that,,but it's the small things that you need to make sure to do for mainlining to work at its best ..eg top at the 3rd node, you need to try at get the branchs even so the nutes can get an equil flow off nutes to each bud site , meaning you have to try and get that trunk to look like a little v8..

Keep it green
Highlander

DunHav`nFun

Any technique that involves topping will require a recovery period for the plant to get back to where it was before the injury. thus increasing veg time before pullin the trigger 12/12...but....

If you plan for it upfront to end up with either as close to perfect canopy development for horizontal OR sideways penetration with bare bulbs , then that`s the price paid for all but non existent flarfy popcorn bullshit.....but again...

It adds 2-3 weeks to each grow cycle , so things to ponder....Results are impressive though , and although I never topped my plants , I always pruned trimmed and shaped out the laterals , sucker branches , and innards of the plants that pretty much determined the same thing before being put in the bloom rooms , so.....as I`ve said forever....

Many ways to skin a mule...I like the mainlining manifold/hub type technique that creates equal size colas , but I`d be hard pressed to make 10 week cycles turn into 13....in a production minded facility that is.....anyways...to each his own , and respect for showing another way to make it happen.....

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

zamzia

Veteran
Cheers for your input MM, THL and DHF. Liking the friendly discussion. I do need to work on my canopy/foot print as we've discussed before DHF and as I'm not commercial...

Any how, on another note, I got bored last night and went through some of my seed stash and decided to pop some for a change. BOG Sour Strawberry x 23 into a shot glass. Stay tuned :)

Last edited:

zamzia

Veteran
Ok, so Saturday lunchtime I checked my shot glass and all-bar-one had sunk :)

Checked this morning and looks like all of them have cracked! Might have them in pellets by the end of the week at this rate :)

zamzia

Veteran
Few pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

ganjygav

All scientific zam,giving me a headache just thinking about all that gear haha. I'm too scared to even try hydro looked at them wilma systems loads of times just never had the confidence to press the buy button.

zamzia

Veteran
Get on it GG! Trial and error, but lots of reading of other peoples' grows/experiences helps a lot. And if you have a thread up, MOST peeps here are happy to chime in with constructive comments. We all have similar aims being here, to grow the best herb we can.

G

ganjygav

I'm a creature of habit,don't trust myself. Should have more confidence really as I'm not a complete numpty. If I learned there was much benefit to going hydro I reckon I would have a go. ��

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
I'm a creature of habit,don't trust myself. Should have more confidence really as I'm not a complete numpty. If I learned there was much benefit to going hydro I reckon I would have a go. ��

There is...faster growth.bigger yield ...and if you went with dwc buckets it's real easy ,or a Wilma ..it's all about ph,ec and D.O....
If you grow in soil/coco that's a good thing,,you have sorta done you time/done you trade....eg..when something happens to you soil plants you have a few day to sort it out..so what do you do? Come hear to the school of icmag read what's up and sort ya bitches out ok...learning your trade as to speak...in hydro if the same thing happens you will/should know what to do a react faster ( good thing in hydro)...

So in short hydro, to me anyway..is all about you reaction time if something goes wrong as hydro holds no prisoners ...if you can do that go for it :laughing:

Keep it green
Highlander