What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I gotta give up the cigs...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Hey guys and gals, I could use some good advice..
In 2 months I'm gonna officially be "Old"..
I AM GOING TO give up the cigarettes before my birthday...

I know NOTHING about modern vapes and e-cigs or i-cigs.
I was told about the "itaste MVP vaporizer".
I am VERY determined to quit "smoking" tobacco forever...

Is this a good product? I don't wanna waste my money on a piece of junk that will break in 2 or 3 months...

Tell me about these please, as a way for me to quit smoking, while not going cold turkey on the drug, "nicotine"....

Is there a better quality built vape out there?
Or will this one do the trick?

Thanks,,, Bud

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know the details about that product, but good luck. I know lots of people who've quit cigarettes with the little nicotine vapes. Don't give up if you don't like the first one you try. One of my ex gfs tried a few brands before she found one she liked.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most states (Dept. of Health) have nicotine patches free...QUITNOW.ORG or some such...you may want to decrease usage by trying those while scouting out a good vape.

Never liked tobacco (like the aroma before being lit), however numerous friends/family, I watched them anguish, some being successful, others not. It's a tough habit/vice/addiction to conquer...And, most will tell you they do miss smoking.

I commend you for wanting to stop.

Hoping there are web sites out there to give you the info needed on which device works the best. Or folks here that have gone through the process can give you recommendations.

festerous

Veteran
Eating just one egg with yolk is equal to smoking 5 cigs a day for 15 years. You may want to give those up too

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eating just one egg with yolk is equal to smoking 5 cigs a day for 15 years. You may want to give those up too

Geeze, you're no fun! ;o) One thing at a time.

I think the hardest part of any over use/abuse (food, cigs, alcohol, etc.) is getting it in gear to change a life long habit. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy.

We're in your corner, Bud! And being "OLD"??? Just a state of mind, my friend. Look at all the digging you've done, ya dig??!! OLD couldn't do that....you've shown you can!:dance013:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Hey guys and gals, I could use some good advice..
In 2 months I'm gonna officially be "Old"..
I AM GOING TO give up the cigarettes before my birthday...

I know NOTHING about modern vapes and e-cigs or i-cigs.
I was told about the "itaste MVP vaporizer".
I am VERY determined to quit "smoking" tobacco forever...

Is this a good product? I don't wanna waste my money on a piece of junk that will break in 2 or 3 months...

Tell me about these please, as a way for me to quit smoking, while not going cold turkey on the drug, "nicotine"....

Is there a better quality built vape out there?
Or will this one do the trick?

Thanks,,, Bud

First of all good for you on taking your first step to a better, healthier, and longer life!!!

I own several vapor stores and can guide you through your transition from analog Cigs to E-cigs...

An itaste MVP vaporizer is a good vape device, but may not be what your would want at this point. Start with a eGo style e-cigarette. Its cheap, easy to use and you can get all the basics down before you move up to a device like the ITaste. An ego complete setup should be in the $20-$30 range....

Depending on what you smoke and how many you smoke, you choose a nicotine level to correspond with what your used to. Marlboro Red's, 1 pack a day, your in the 18-24mg range...

You can use Google to find a website that sells E-Juice and vape pens. You can NOW choose 100's of flavors that taste outstanding. Now, you dont have to be stuck with the taste of nasty tobacco. Mango/Banana? Caramel Latte? Fruit stripe gum? Cheesecake?

Hopefully you have a shop near you, so you can taste the flavors before you buy...

The goal is to wean you off nicotine, you gradually go down in strength till you go to your desired level, or quit all together...

Ask away...

thaicat

First of all good for you on taking your first step to a better, healthier, and longer life!!!

I own several vapor stores and can guide you through your transition from analog Cigs to E-cigs...

An itaste MVP vaporizer is a good vape device, but may not be what your would want at this point. Start with a eGo style e-cigarette. Its cheap, easy to use and you can get all the basics down before you move up to a device like the ITaste. An ego complete setup should be in the $20-$30 range....

Depending on what you smoke and how many you smoke, you choose a nicotine level to correspond with what your used to. Marlboro Red's, 1 pack a day, your in the 18-24mg range...

You can use Google to find a website that sells E-Juice and vape pens. You can NOW choose 100's of flavors that taste outstanding. Now, you dont have to be stuck with the taste of nasty tobacco. Mango/Banana? Caramel Latte? Fruit stripe gum? Cheesecake?

Hopefully you have a shop near you, so you can taste the flavors before you buy...

The goal is to wean you off nicotine, you gradually go down in strength till you go to your desired level, or quit all together...

Ask away...

By any chance, do you advertise the inherit dangers of "E Cigarettes?" Have you looked into them yourself? I too, need to quit and need all the help I can get. It's a toss up of which is more dangerous. In my mind, it's all or nothing. You either wake up one day and decide to quit or battle it the rest of your life.

krunchbubble

Veteran
By any chance, do you advertise the inherit dangers of "E Cigarettes?" Have you looked into them yourself? I too, need to quit and need all the help I can get. It's a toss up of which is more dangerous. In my mind, it's all or nothing. You either wake up one day and decide to quit or battle it the rest of your life.

Unfortunately, I live, breath, eat and shit e-cigs and have researched the subject extensively. I go in front of city councils and debunk all the bullshit everyone talks about when a city is trying to ban them....

You have 4 main ingredients...

PG - proplene glycol
VG - vegetable glycerin
Nicotine
Food Flavoring

And EVERYONE consumes or use these ingredients in one way or another everyday. DONT think you consume nicotine? Google how much nicotine vegetables and fruit have...

theother

Unfortunately, I live, breath, eat and shit e-cigs and have researched the subject extensively. I go in front of city councils and debunk all the bullshit everyone talks about when a city is trying to ban them....

PG - proplene glycol
VG - vegetable glycerin
Nicotine
Food Flavoring

And EVERYONE consumes or use these ingredients in one way or another everyday. DONT think you consume nicotine? Google how much nicotine vegetables and fruit have...

Is the propelene glycol a big deal?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran

How do egg yolks cause cancer? Lol. I've eaten literally thousands of them, so I guess I should be dead by now. Either that or in the best shape of my life at 38.

thaicat

PG - proplene glycol
VG - vegetable glycerin
Nicotine
Food Flavoring

If you care to dispel/converse with me...I'm open for that. I'm fairly educated. As a 2-3 pack a day smoker, I realize something must change. I looked into E-Cigs and feel I'm well educated on the topic.

In my mind, I have to quit and quit everything. I feel you you on "potentially" limping off to an easier/more sociably acceptable method but anyone I knew that entirely quit, quit cold turkey and never looked back.

I'm not fond of the current society's ambition to take the easy route. There are no easy routes when trying to quit tobacco.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Is the propelene glycol a big deal?

Propylene glycol is considered generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and it is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being one of the major ingredients of the "e-liquid" used in electronic cigarettes along with vegetable glycerin. Vaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients they are filled with.[4] Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water.[7]

thaicat

The mere mention of such "crutch" is fucked up beyond belif. It's the same notion as "kicking Heroin" to get on Methadone, if no other reason to "kick the habit" but to prove to the World that you somehow kicked drugs. Can't function without Methadone but " I no longer do dope..." Same fucking thing with Suboxone and the endless array of shit being forced down addicts throat by Big Pharma. Hey...I no longer do dope...I just take a prescription by a "Doctor."

Meet the new Boss...Same as the old Boss.

festerous

Veteran
How do egg yolks cause cancer? Lol. I've eaten literally thousands of them, so I guess I should be dead by now. Either that or in the best shape of my life at 38.

Heart disease is the number one cause death is the us. Cholesterol kills way more people than cancer.

thaicat

What folks don't seem to understand is the "food" in most groceries, is simply not food. It's processed "shit", fully designed to make people sick.

thaicat

Propylene glycol is considered generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and it is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being one of the major ingredients of the "e-liquid" used in electronic cigarettes along with vegetable glycerin. Vaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients they are filled with.[4] Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water.[7]

By any chance, does your FDA mean "Forever Dick-over America?" You know, the same FDA that was long ago bought out by Monsanto?
Is that what you really mean?

Latest posts

Latest posts