What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey dutchy, yeah they do have a lot of similarities and some are starting to look similar - which is odd because often plants all look the same to start with and then diverge.... these seem to be doing the opposite!
they are now at 3 days flower. they are all being flowered together in a quarter of my big cab in their (almost) 1 gallon pots. so at 4 plants to a square foot under about 60 watts of LED between them its unlikely that they will turn into monsters.... but we should get an idea of the pheno's etc.
no 1 is the odd one out. i see a lot of 'hashplant' in this pheno. huge leaves... it will be quick to yellow too. hashplant types tend to yellow as soon as the roots hit the side of the pot, and the bubba cut has this trait to a certain extent
picture.php

picture.php

plant 2
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers killerweed!

right, i'm going away for around 10 days, and ive set the plants up as best i can on capillary matting to auto water them... this has worked before but ive never done it for more than a week and we have a heatwave going on here in the UK. hopefully they will still be ok when i get back and not have died of thirst or stretched right up to the light. i cant raise the shorter plants up either so they may suffer a little.

fingers crossed, hopefully they will all make it and i'll put some pics up when i get back!

cheers

VG

Green Supreme

Veteran
People are crazy. Leaving their grow unattended for long periods. I wish you good luck, but will point out these are the types of decisions folks make ,that lose them all their collected toys. Fingers crossed for you. Peace GS

i have the bomb-threat and the 98 - i think the 98 is better but TOM HILL and i have different taste in strains....especially the kush and OG side of the board.
plant number 3 has the same leaf shape as the bomb-threat
good luck dude and happy pheno hunting

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, im back, and despite the harbingers of doom ^^:D
the grow was fine and everything just about survived... except plant 1 of the S1s, the very short one, which had always been by far the weakest plant anyway so i'll settle for that. the tallest plant grew up to hit the light but seems to be fairly unscathed. i just bent the top over and hopefully it will be ok.

the bubba plant with the seeds forming looks good and looks to have a fair few brown pistils so hopefully a decent amount of seeds to come.

everything was pretty dry so i dont think i could push it much further time-wise

hydro-phonics - thanks for the tip on the bombthreat...im certainly excited to smoke on these S1's.

gonna take cuttings of them all tomorrow. they've started budding up - not much to see yet

hey max 6699, the next batch will still be S1s as i will be using the 'proper' pre-98 cut to make the seeds (if i used one of the S1s to make the seeds then they would be S2s)

flipflops, mach10 - thanks - im back.:tiphat: i'll post up some pics later

People are crazy. Leaving their grow unattended for long periods. I wish you good luck, but will point out these are the types of decisions folks make ,that lose them all their collected toys. Fingers crossed for you. Peace GS

hey GS, my grow is in the attic/loft and so really is unattended nearly all the time anyway. i have kids who dont know about it so i only get up there every 2 days at best. i must say i still worry about leaving it (less so now that i am all LED), but never taking my family on holiday isnt really an option - as continuing to grow is kind of selfish on my part anyway. thats why i keep things small scale and go to great lengths to protect them from it. in a way my situation is is the inspiration for my seed making and breeding (if i can presume to call it that) because i am constantly trying to get seed versions of my favorite cuts and crosses of my favorites too so if i have to stop growing and keeping mums, i'll have some back-up.

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all, some pics as promised

probably at 1-2 weeks flower. they hadnt got any pistils at all 10 days ago before i went away... theyve been squashed into a square foot so look a bit unkempt . as i said above the runt, plant 1, was lost whilst i was away

plant 2
picture.php

picture.php

plant 3
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plant4 - this one had hit the light whilst i was away so i had to supercrop it. hopefully the tip will be ok
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, yeah i was lucky that the growing tip didnt hit one of the led clusters but must have hit the metal casing... so it was fairly undamaged. one of the leaves was burnt and had to be removed.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, they're all coming on fine and i took some cuttings today of the three plants.

there are some huge leaves on the plants, but i guess that seed plants always have larger leaves than plants from their clones. the bubba cut itself gets damn big leaves for a cut but not of the size of these seed plants. i once kept a cut of a Deep Chunk plant and scrogged it, and it looked quite different to the original plant.

i'll start treating a fresh pre-98 cut with colloidal silver in the next few days and hopefully i'll get plenty of pollen for some future seeds (and i have one seeded plant in mid flower with hopefully enough seeds for another drop in a few weeks)

VG

VG