What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5x8 Purpose built perpetual room construction and grow log. 400W HPS NFT gully system

OvergrowingKiwi

Sealed the crap out the room. Not even an ant can find its way in there. Ants have attacked my plants previously... The little barstards won't be sticking to my buds this time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My seedlings needed light so I had to resurrect my old germination box. It looks dodgy but it runs very nice and cool and will work until the vege cab is complete. I was a little late getting light on her and she stretched a little.

Box is CF circuit and a PC fan... passive intake. The mac is louder and the box runs at about 55-60F lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Let the growing commence hehe

Attachments

• user150954_pic438189_1279718423.jpg
    user150954_pic438189_1279718423.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 9
  • user150954_pic438190_1279718423.jpg
    user150954_pic438190_1279718423.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 14
  • user150954_pic438192_1279718423.jpg
    user150954_pic438192_1279718423.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 8

OvergrowingKiwi

I'ts electric :p I'm going to replace the bulb with one of those lights that plants can't see so I can chill out in there during the dark periods. I can't remember which type of bulb it was.. Was it a blacklight? Next I'm painting the room and treating the concrete wall. I'm getting a 200cfm centrifugal and a carbon filter any day now to vent the space. I've found a perfect cabinet thats going to house the mother and clones :) I'll put that in there when the walls are done. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Grow on :D

Attachments

• user150954_pic438983_1279782385.jpg
    user150954_pic438983_1279782385.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 8
  • user150954_pic438984_1279782385.jpg
    user150954_pic438984_1279782385.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 11

Apu

Lookin great. I'm signed up for this one! I luv it when you post all the progress even the building of the room. Thanks overgrowingkiwi rock on!

OvergrowingKiwi

Thanks for all the great feedback guys :) I enjoy sharing my DIY project and hope that others will learn and be inspired from my experience. I've taken inspiration from lots of threads on here

I'm curious as to how effective these carbon scrubbers are. My exhaust is going to a small bushy area where the 3 neighboring sections meet. Keep in mind the sections here are huge. I climbed up on the roof to take a look.

The area is inaccessible for about 10 meters(11 yards). Anyone got a carbon filter can give me an idea of their effectiveness? The exhaust fan is 200cfm so I probably won't need it on all the time with the 400w but I'll be adding a 1000w cooltube in the future. I've heard of people making lung rooms between the exhaust and filter. Would this increase the effectiveness and stop the air being exhausted so fast or is there another reason for these?

OvergrowingKiwi

I'm contemplating grabbing a 600w and going with a cooltube. I'm really trying to get my head around the vent system. It looks to me like the best way to go is two fans. One for exhausting the room and another for the lights. But thats pricey.. Maybe I'll go with the one fan and pull the exhaust from inside the room and through the filter.. I really confused lol

What to use... I've heard that the cool tubes loose light but surely a 600w inches away from the plants beats the loss of light from the glass.

I can't imagine the room getting too hot with the cool tube. What do you guys think? Is pulling passive intake room air through the tube a good idea? or is this the complete wrong way to go about it lol :p

cheers

picture.php

This looks right?

picture.php

This is right.. more efficient but more expensive?

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
wow this look great!! I'll be watchin in on this one.

on your air flo,id duct the cooltube fresh air in strait out and hang the carbon filter with it exahusting the grow area with intakes at the bottom, I like to over power the fans to create negative pressure so that no smell leaks out.

looks good tho so far.

T

tokinafaty420

how cool would it be to put one of these puppies on the door.

hmm only $199USD..could get a pair of labcoats to hang there too.
product page

lol you mention labcoats... if I wasn't so worried about posting pictures of myself on here I'd upload one of me in my room with my labcoat on. I wear it so I don't get sticky resin on my clothes when messing around in there. :)

B

BlackThumb

The room is looking great.

I have to ask....
What are you doing with the capacitors in this picture?
It looks like you are trying to root them in a DIY EZ-Cloner. :)

Peace,
-BT

picture.php

OvergrowingKiwi

Cheers for ya posts guys keeping me motivated for sure hehe

Blackthumb those capacitors are just exposed from me taking the fitting from the CF so I could wire em up.. it runs cooler that way. lol does look funny.

heres the latest..

Under lock and key....

picture.php

Made a doorframe.. you can probably tell how much i enjoy expanding foam and caulk :D

picture.php

picture.php

Nothings getting past this seal.....

picture.php

Like a fridge..

picture.php

No light leaks here :) No leaks at all for that matter :p

I'm gonna go with this setup and also upgrade to 600w if the already blown budget allows. That leaves me with a spare 400w and 250w.. I could get creative with those with the exhaust only fan sucking the stinky air from the top of the room. Now that the boring stuff is done I will and paint it and put the vege cab fans mylar lights and filter in this weekend.

picture.php

Tomorrow I'm putting some nasty stuff on the brick wall.. It's going to eat into it and seal it.

Again thanks for the advice and inspiration :)

B

BlackThumb

Blackthumb those capacitors are just exposed from me taking the fitting from the CF so I could wire em up.. it runs cooler that way. lol does look funny.

I love it!
Just kidding about cloning capacitors.

Your sealed room makes me feel like mine was built with mosquito netting. :)

Peace,
-BT

OvergrowingKiwi

Went shopping and bought some stuff hehe.. Was like a kid in a candy store.

picture.php

Got a couple of serious blowers. Cooltube and ducting. Carbon filter. Mylar to cover the room :D A new red spectrum bulb for my hps. Also got one of those green lights for dark period chilling. This hobby is getting expensive :O lol
I'm doing some finishing touches before the room is painted. Will update more pics soon :D

picture.php

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
Nice man that looks like a supreme setup ... those blowers should kick ass, and option 2 of your airflow design, for sure is the way to go ...

i wouldnt worry about the light lost from the cool tube like u said , when its real close it wont mater ..i have used cool tubes in small spaces for years they kick ass ...

here is 3 600's in cool tubes in 4 x 8 x 4 box from a few years ago

Latest posts

Latest posts