What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does a re-veg increase risk of hermie when flowering?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I chopped down a plant 3 weeks ago and have had it under 24/0 light since. Today I noticed small new leaves covered in trichomes growing on the plant (or what's left of it.)

My question is, what's the chance this girl will hermie next time I flower? Just off the top of my head, I would guess that the chance is pretty high.

Although I have another plant I chopped down last week that has a lot of little buds on it (probably 100g wet), and I've had it under 24/0 since, and it looks fine. No male bananas.

bobblehead

Veteran
No. Once it reverts back to veg, it will stay that way until you flower it, at which point it will continue flowering until you cut it down again... assuming all other factors are accounted for, you're plant won't hermie. I would recommend keeping clones this time though. Reveg doesn't always work.