What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super-Charge Yor Growing with Aeroponics !!

Macster2

Okay point taken I'm going to build the chamber out of my existing table that's set on wheels i'll use pond liner on the sides and bottom 10" deep and a plexiglass top (where did you find the plexiglass).Might as well make it 4' x 8'
2 more questions , how long do you veg for and how far apart are the holes?

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Okay point taken I'm going to build the chamber out of my existing table that's set on wheels i'll use pond liner on the sides and bottom 10" deep and a plexiglass top (where did you find the plexiglass).Might as well make it 4' x 8'
2 more questions , how long do you veg for and how far apart are the holes?
I buy my plexi glass at Home Depot. Any hardware store will have some. But a larger home improvement places like HD or Lowe's will have a larger selection and be cheaper. If ya want to go as big as 4 by 8 you may need to buy it at a local window company and have it cut to fit. Check the phone book.

As far as vegging goes........I run with a perpetual harvest so I use clones only in my flower room. From the time I cut a clone till the time it hits flower is 30 days. 14 days to root......14 days under a 400 watt lamp. Give or take a few days here or there for being lazy or whatever. When mine go into flower they are approx. 8 to 10 inches tall. By The time the stop stretching in flower they are 24 to 36 inches tall.

My holes are fairly close together. 5 inches center to center. But I run a SOG with Lollipopped plants.( everything but the top cola and the next 3 or 4 nodes is cut off) It's a stick with a bud on top.

You can be set your up anyway you want. That's the beauty of building your own. You can build it your way. Customize that bad boy !!

Here is my SOG with Lollipopps:

picture.php

And One more:

picture.php

Both photos are my DIY Aero tables.

Hope that gives ya some ideers !!

I just had a quick question about your table design. Why did you decide to re-locate the line in from the reservoir from the side to the bottom? Was this so you could get 2 tables closer together under the same light or is there some other benefit? Just curious because I'm, going to make one as well(I'll only be using the 1 table) and just thought I'd ask before I start drilling holes. Thanks in advance

Nugz

Pirate

Veteran
I just had a quick question about your table design. Why did you decide to re-locate the line in from the reservoir from the side to the bottom? Was this so you could get 2 tables closer together under the same light or is there some other benefit? Just curious because I'm, going to make one as well(I'll only be using the 1 table) and just thought I'd ask before I start drilling holes. Thanks in advance

Nugz
Well the first table I used was once a flood a drain table and the input line was drill dead center of the recessed well where all the water ends up flowing to. There was not any room for me to drill another hole there since that one was centered. On the new table.....with no holes yet......I decided to place the feed line and drain side by side to consolidate and make it cleaner. Plus......I'm eventually going to run ONE pump and having the feed lines pointing down and in-line will facilitate a TEE better when I tie the two table together.

Long answer short............You can put the feed line anywhere you want. The only SLIGHTLY negative thing about it coming into the side was the tubing is out into the root zone more. But it never created a problem during the test grow.

It works the same way overall.

With a "Botanicare" table.........You could put the lines into the side and still get two tables side by side because of the 2 inch over hang lip all the way around the tray. With a GH tray.........this may not be possible since there is no lip.

Answered ??

P

purpledomgoddes

go lp aero!

go lp aero!

just wanted to give thx for the insight, detail and consideration of your response. keeps the hamster running on the treadmill+will, certainly, inspire more hamsters to run...

will help the garden be enjoyed!

Macster2

Hey Matie
I'm going to use two 4x4 ft pieces of plexi on the top,make it more managable and my holes are going to be farther apart as coming up with 128 clones will be difficult to do. Pirate what size lights do you use in your flower area?

Pirate

Veteran
Each 3 x 6 space of 2 3 x 3 trays gets 1800 watts. 3- 600s.

Just plan for the future. If you think you'll run more clones later.......Plan for it now / drill the holes / and cap em off until they get used. Better to have too many holes than not enough in my opinion. Just a thought for ya.

Macster2

tks Pirate for all your help.A found a manufacturer that has the sizes I need
1/8 thick is $60 per 4x4 sheet
3/16" thick is $90 per 4x4 sheet

With support from underneath can I use the 1/8" material

DieselsMMK

Looks great, Pirate!

I'm building an Aeroponics bucket system using 5 Gallon buckets that should be up and running within the next couple weeks. Hopefully include a fogger system as well!

Pirate

Veteran
tks Pirate for all your help.A found a manufacturer that has the sizes I need
1/8 thick is $60 per 4x4 sheet
3/16" thick is $90 per 4x4 sheet

With support from underneath can I use the 1/8" material
I know.....I know.....It sucks but........I would go with the thicker. 1/8 inch is flimsy ass shit. I tried it with 2 x 3 and was not happy. Spend the extra and you'll be glad in the long run. Even better if ya can swing the bucks for 1/4 inch. But 3/16 should be the minimum. That's just my :2cents:.

I'll post another ideer for a center support a little later. )I'm starving and need to go eat) Its cheap and easy to build and I think it'll work well for your 4 x 4.

DieselsMMK.......Looks great, Pirate!

I'm building an Aeroponics bucket system using 5 Gallon buckets that should be up and running within the next couple weeks. Hopefully include a fogger system as well!
Hey Thanks DM !!
Feel free to post some photos when your done.

Macster2

screw it then for now I'm going with painted plywood then upgrade later.The pump,pond liner,jets plumbing 2' nets and pucks are going to add up to close to $400 bucks now, so when the wood rots I'll replace it then.
You see I'll need 3 pieces cus I'm going with a 4x8 flower table and a 4x4 preflower table, 80 sites in each,then when I go to plastic I'll increase the sites

Pirate

Veteran
screw it then for now I'm going with painted plywood then upgrade later.The pump,pond liner,jets plumbing 2' nets and pucks are going to add up to close to $400 bucks now, so when the wood rots I'll replace it then.
You see I'll need 3 pieces cus I'm going with a 4x8 flower table and a 4x4 preflower table, 80 sites in each,then when I go to plastic I'll increase the sites
Good deal. Let me know how it works out for ya. Look into marine grade plywood. 1/4 inch thick.

One Love 731

Veteran
Pirate I love the cave, aero and your advise on other threads your defiantly a great addition to the community, thanks so much for all you do. In the past when doing my research for an areo build I came across expanded PVC, seams like a 4'x8'x3/8" was $90-$100. Do you know if that size would fit 4x8 botanicare tray or 2 4x4's? I ask because I am about to order 8 maybe 12 of the 4x4's. In your opinion would it be a good idea for a newbe to start with aero or should I start with ebb and flow and eventully convert 1 table at a time? Which would you say is more forgiving? Feel free to call me on my shiz and thanks for any advice in advance. Karma, One Love.

Macster2

Avast Pirate
Here I am again, I know I said I was done but, is your pump on a timer or do you run 24/7 and do your nozzles clog up??

one Q

Quality
Veteran
noise

noise

pirate! hey man. This is one of the best threads ever. Reads like a book. You and ANother step up the thread game. ha.

So I cant help but wonder how loud one of those trays are. I can imagine a loud chshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all the time. Man I'd love to do this with a small 15x15 tray, just worried about all the noise.

Avast ya scurvy dog!
What do you think about larger plants in this system? I'm thinking 9 plants in a 3x3. Is there enough root space for big, i.e. 36 inch/ 2.5-3 ounce plants?
The thought of having 350 or so plants in my house gives me nightmares!!!
Fred