What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Jersey Moves Closer to Legalizing Recreational Marijuana

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Garden State is moving closer to legalizing recreational marijuana and it could happen sooner rather than later.
In just a matter of months, legalized recreational marijuana in New Jersey has gone from a maybe to an almost slam dunk. It could become the ninth state to do.
Inside a hearing room, few witnesses spoke out against the idea.
“From the medical standpoint, marijuana should never have been illegal for consenting adults,” Dr. David Nathan said.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...alizing-Recreational-Marijuana-429592013.html

igrowone

Veteran
this would be another game changer, NJ lists high on states that are/were anal about keeping cannabis outlawed
Vermont was moving closer, hasn't stopped exactly but slowed down
little visible progress in NY, but this could change that

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Would be a hard market to crack without the right connections, but definitely big news if it happens. Would be surprised if this didn't push NY to legalize sooner rather than later.

ridnovir

Man, I hold my fingers crossed for that one. NE needs more states that legalize recreational and NJ is perfect for that it has high population density. There also an opioids epidemic going on there. Legalization can both combat the rise of opioids abuse and help with much needed tax revenue.

opioids epidemic?
well that's what happens when the state coddles big pharm with tax breaks and incentives not to leave.
first off the governor seems to want to protect his standing on the uc rep. line up,so he would not even decimalize.

dark ages here in new jersey
he talks of blood money ha ha what a farce ok then just decimalize it with no sales grow your own only.
but wait opioids and every other prescription drug is tax free in nj except cannabis .when the list of aliments that it could be for was basically close to death only but I could go get xannax for a white knuckle drive in the snow or that my dog died,shit my goldfish dying could get me at least some

he has not read the federal studies on teen use not going up in legal states
he does not realize that high school football kills more teens then mj ever did.
gateway drug he says
but for people between the ages of 18-30 the #1 reason they die is alcohol related crashes.
they peddle that shit all over our biggest sporting event the stupid bowl to kids no less
wake up gov alcohol is the number 1 gateway drug

hopefully murphy will win it.
most residents and long time republicans that voted for that two faced and four chinned bastard had enough
they better at least change the minimum charges for growing 5 or so plants after all Is said and done.
I still think it should be treated like venison or striper no sales grow only, it is the garden state do they remember that?

ridnovir

Looks like Murphy has a solid lead. Hopefully he will win. He voiced his support for the legalization bill. However, I just read that the proposed legalization will not allow to grow at home. WTF kind of bullshit is that? They say because they would not be able to police the home growers. Who will grow the weed then: - big money I suppose. What a bummer! I sure hope that the legislature will be changed (how likely is that?)