What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 Acre / 1000 plant grow

JVonChron

lots of hands...OR........a machine called the munch machine. it cost 20k tho, maybe someone makes a cheaper version...they claim 3 people working 8 hours got 1000# ready to trim. but if you watch their video that shit is big leafed already so they fudged some numbers somewhere. but still if it took 2 or 3 eight hour days thats still somethin

Reaper

I saw that machine, but I was under the impression that it was for wet buds. Will it do dry also?

JVonChron

they claim you slow the speed down to do dry herbs. wouldnt do it too dry though. i have never used one personally just happened to see that the other day

MCGold

isn't there a bucket top that someone made that basically fits all standard 5 gallon bucket and it has like a 3 inch lip that has a "U" in it that you sit the bud on and then reach inside the bucket to the 'stem' and pull down and it strips it right off? IIRC it is for dried bud and not wet. will do some research and if I find it will post it. pretty sure it is fairly cheap too.

rogerw

i just bought a triminator mini the full size is a nice trimer for your size field. they run about 5k but will do 100 lbs in 8 hrs and all you do is strip everything off the branches dry and throw it in. about 5 min and your ready for the next the mini cost me 3k with the kief drum and trim drum . no metal knives so it runs cool . clean up is pressure washer

G

Gr33nSanta

looks like an easy DIY project, I might give it a go ... I am all for hand trimming but it might be nice to use on marginal plants when making hash, or simply fresh freeze outdoor, I dig it!

redlaser

Veteran
still fairly new to this site and not sure how to edit.... name of the bucket lid is called DeBudder and here is the site https://original420brand.com/shop/view-all/debudder-bucket-lid/

$30 per

That's a pretty good idea, surprised it took this long to be available.

I saw a homemade version of the same rough idea but it was being used on fresh buds. It was a black plastic tote that had 2-3 different sized holes in the side and you of course pulled the branch through the hole.

Reaper

McGold,
Thanks for that link

Rogerw,
I'm actually looking into a full size triminator.

Redlaser,
Yes, I think those might be a waste of money. Its much faster to strip the buds of by hand I found. Just put on a heavy leather glove, pinch the stem between the thumb and the index finger and pull towards yourself with your other hand.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Fantastic to see you back around Reaper!

I remember you well from the OG days.

Its an honor to see you doing what you do best once again.

DunHav`nFun

Triminator XL`s the way ta go Reap.....Does up to 60 lbs. per hr in full stroke , plus all the other extraction and tumbling accessories available is second to none....anyways....I know a couple of happy guys in wine country that only had couple hundred lbs to do that recommend it highly.....

My 2 centavos.....Good luck Bro.....I`m callin a ton minimum on end results of quality marketable product.....What`re your thoughts....regardless....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Last edited:
Triminator XL`s the way ta go Reap.....Does up to 60 lbs. per hr in full stroke , plus all the other extraction and tumbling accessories available is second to none....anyways....I know a couple of happy guys in wine country that only had couple hundred lbs to do that recommend it highly.....

My 2 centavos.....Good luck Bro.....I`m callin a metric ton minimum on end results of quality marketable product.....What`re your thoughts....regardless....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

I'm in awe of this grow but no way is he gonna yield 1 ton if there's "only 1000 of those plants...a ton is over 2200 pounds. Those plants don't look like 2 pounders to me...probably over a pound each easy but no way 2.2 pounds plus off each plant IMO

DunHav`nFun

I'm in awe of this grow but no way is he gonna yield 1 ton if there's "only 1000 of those plants...a ton is over 2200 pounds. Those plants don't look like 2 pounders to me...probably over a pound each easy but no way 2.2 pounds plus off each plant IMO
At the first of the thread Reaper stated the plants were 5' wide and 4-5' tall on average and that`s almost the size my plants were indoors with big plants that went 2.5 lbs every run for a decade , so that`s what I was basing my guesstimation on.....and hey....

I was not aware of a metric ton being 1000 kilos till your post so I looked it up and stand corrected....thought a ton was a ton was a ton , etc.....thanks for that bro........In the US a ton is 2000 lbs and that was my guess somewhere +/- 2 lbs per plant....being hopeful for `ol Reap.....anyways....

Maybe Reaper doesn`t wanna kiss and tell , but I`ll still stay with 2 per on average till told different....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:....

At the first of the thread Reaper stated the plants were 5' wide and 4-5' tall on average and that`s almost the size my plants were indoors with big plants that went 2.5 lbs every run for a decade , so that`s what I was basing my guesstimation on.....and hey....

I was not aware of a metric ton being 1000 kilos till your post so I looked it up and stand corrected....thought a ton was a ton was a ton , etc.....thanks for that bro........In the US a ton is 2000 lbs and that was my guess somewhere +/- 2 lbs per plant....being hopeful for `ol Reap.....anyways....

Maybe Reaper doesn`t wanna kiss and tell , but I`ll still stay with 2 per on average till told different....

Hey no worries brother. Easy to get to confused. I could see the plants getting close if not 2 lbs per for sure which is a fucking dream harvest for me...although tons of work I'm sure!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G `day Fred

I`m with the other guy .
Flat out a pound of trimmed bud each on those plants .

More leaves outdoors ...

reaper - inspirational . You have big balls .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

zalias

GS, there's some Dynamed in there.

What have you guys found to be the most efficient way to remove the buds from the stems once dry?

Hi,
nice to hear of you in icmag, probably the most effective way is to do with thick gloves by hands, as you mentioned before. All depends for what reason you need your buds to be processed. what can you say about Dynamed strain i your opinion (growing difficulty, mould resistance ect.) have one more personal question, how do you have such a nice shape/structure plants going from clones? as clones usually have tendency to bush up. with number of plants it becomes difficult job to keep them proper shaped and hard job with lots of labour, any advice? :tiphat:
what kind of spacing you do while planting?

Reaper

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the interest in my harvest. I'm curious myself.
Yes most of the plants were 5x5x5 foot balls and just packed with large dense colas. I've actually never grown a 2 pound plant so I don't know what one really looks like. But I have grown one pounders, and there's quite a bit more bud on these.
I'll be sure to keep you guys posted when I finally know the number. But honestly, It will be a quite a while before I'm able to get the crop fully cured and weighed up.

On that note, how would you guys go about curing this crop?

Zalias,
The dynamed strain produced some very dense and hard colas of medium size. Lots of pinkish hairs on the colas as well. There were no traces of mold on any of these plants. Very easy to grow, but it did seem that they yellowed up before the others. So this strain might like a lot of N.
Regarding the shape, I didn't do anything to any of these clones to get them this shape. I might have had a bit of help from mother nature. We had a big windstorm back in late june. When I got to the field all the plants, which were about a foot tall were growing parallel to the ground. Of course I freaked out, but I decided to let nature take it's course and they grew into these nice round bushes, instead of the usual xmas tree shape.

Gypsy,
Nice to see you also, its been quite a while!