What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Functional Cannabis Strains

Douglas the popular socal cut of Dutch treat is clearer than harlequin. Its the most functionable strain I've tried in the last decade. It did not improve my cognitive function though and not as anxiety reducing as harlequin.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So basically you are looking for a strain with the focus of aderall and the anxiety reduction of benzodiazepines?
Yes, the anxiety reduction of harlequin and the focus of a strong cup of coffee, without the edge. Meth is a bit more focus than is functional for me. Valium is a bit too much "don't care, can't make me," for me as well. lol

All this talk about CTsu is making me wish I currently had her growing. lol

I have never really experienced all those components in one single strain but I know it's possible.

It would be a hybrid that's for sure. That type of anxiety relief comes from indicas and cbd strains while the focus from specific sativa types.

The closest all in one I've tried was a pheno of sage. Although it lacked the focus of the apollo 11 I tried.

Junk

Then there are actual strains that increase cognitive function which is a whole different ball park. I would bet most people never tried these strains so they don't have a frame of reference.

Can you think of any names? I'd love to try some as cognition problems is one of the things I suffer from. I have Chronic Fatigue, and a lot of times you are just so tired, you can't think. I'll get lost going to a place that I know well. Not momentarily misplaced, lost. But my problem is a literal lack of energy production. For years CFS has been sort of a mystery. Now they know the genetic mutations that can cause it, and I have them. And it causes an enzyme responsible for energy production to be retarded, thus the cycle of energy production/storage doesn't work correctly. There is nothing left in the tank, and it's usually insurmountable. I'd be curious to see if a strain can help with that.

When I said I've yet to find a Kush that doesn't treat me right, they are mostly hybrids. Never had the pleasure of OG Kush.

For me, it's about pain relief, motivation, feeling less tired, stopping my seizures/spasms, and nausea relief. I use different strains throughout the day to tackle those. Somedays, it's hopeless, I will not have a single functional hour. Those days, I don't mind the inebriating strains. It helps me pass the time until I can go to sleep and try again the next day. But other than that, strains like SSH, or GG4 (from what I hear), I don't really have a use for them, bc I don't get anything done. Ssh, my mind is doing 1,000,000 mph. My body goes nowhere. That's the opposite of what I need.

Harlequin sounds like a champ. I had it in my old mom tent which I lost to bugs. Someone gave it to me bc it was good for pain. But I never got to flower it, nor can I remember (or find in pm/email) who gave it to me : (

Junk,

That pheno of the old apollo 11 is the only one I know for sure.

Other than that it would require a pheno hunt. I've read reports on pheno within current seed offerings that reportedly offer pheno is something with that type of effect. I can list them but I have nonexpwrience with them so you would have to do your own research.

The pine pheno of chimera Hawaiian spice.

X18

A pheno of chimeras lulablox

Apollo 11

Apollo haze.

Congo by ace seeds

Apparently the pine pheno of Hawaiian spice is rare. The pheno is called focus weed. If you want it let chimera the breeder know because if he feels a demand he might do further work to isolate it more so it becomes more accessible.

Douglas.Curtis

For me, it's about pain relief, motivation, feeling less tired, stopping my seizures/spasms, and nausea relief.

The only thing this cut of Canna-Tsu is missing, from what you're looking for, might be the energy. She's not sleepy, but also not energetic like C-99. You can use Canna-Tsu all day and not get tired.

Perhaps someone should look into stabilizing this cut and crossing it with a super up-beat stabilization of C-99? :)

Junk

C-99

C-99

The only thing this cut of Canna-Tsu is missing, from what you're looking for, might be the energy. She's not sleepy, but also not energetic like C-99. You can use Canna-Tsu all day and not get tired.

Perhaps someone should look into stabilizing this cut and crossing it with a super up-beat stabilization of C-99? :)

The C-99 sounds amazing by itself, I'll look for it.

High Cbd also tends to make me feel groggy, almost like a car sick feeling.

Junk,

Ive tried a number of high cbd strains and they were all pretty different in effect. So I don't think it just the cbd that produces the groggyness.

Doug,

So what's the back story on this cut of canatsu?

Douglas.Curtis

Doug,
So what's the back story on this cut of canatsu?
I picked it up from a colorado grower, a rather prominent member of icmag ( Thanks, you know who you are). :)

Beyond it being a specific pheno of a Cannatonic/Sour Tsunami cross, I haven't a clue. Don't know who popped the beans originally or who spread the cut. I was seeking high CBD strains like Harlequin, with low inebriation, and this is what was offered.

Super glad to run across it. I'm always looking for something better though. :)

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Recently got Sour Tsunami/GB x Blueberry. Xcellent medicinal, not much of a high, although a body buzz. Helped immensely for pain. Also in recent stash buy, Mullaways (Aussie low thc, high CBD) x Blueberry. Aim to do that one indoors late fall.

Douglas.Curtis

Thanks for that. Sounds like some interesting combinations. :) I hadn't heard of Mullaways before. Does the body buzz, from the Sour Tsunami cross affect motor skills, reflexes, spatial coordination at all? I wouldn't mind a functional body buzz, if it was pleasant. :)

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Yeah, afterthought guys traded with an Oz member here and have been working with Mullaways for awhile. Got their gear both autos and high CBD photos goin.

Muleskinner

Veteran
you might want to try a 10-pack of Cannatonic from Resin Seeds. It leans sativa, half or more of the plants have CBD, you should get a female that gives you the clear high you want. Trial and error.

I liked this strain and all the females were good in the daytime. I suspect the CBD makes my brain a bit foggy but not nearly as much as indica strains. My Cannatonic were good yielders with tropical fruit flavors, you can't go wrong there.

Douglas.Curtis

Appreciate the suggestion. :) Did there happen to be any with a clear focus, zero high? After being super functional with Canna-Tsu, even the clear highs are annoying. Literally, the more Ctsu I use, the less desire I have for anything which impacts my functionality.

Douglas.Curtis

Got a hit on a request for the background of Canna-Tsu. It came from Davillian, Dave at Elite Cannabis. It's a 20% CBD, 9% THC pheno.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have had cannatonic and harlquin. Both have zero high whatsoever. Totally useless for me. My wife has fibromyalgia and a back injury so I was eager to see how it helped her. It pissed her off is what it did. No matter how much she smoked zero effect.

I am glad cbd helps people but it's useless to us. Good old potent indica helps her medical issues and relaxes the body and mind. We will stick to thc.

Douglas.Curtis

I have had cannatonic and harlquin. Both have zero high whatsoever.
I thought the same of harlequin as well. It does have a buzz though. Had to seriously clean out my system before I could feel it. It's also low potency, so if there were issues during the grow it can come off very low potency, making it even more difficult to tell.

Totally useless for me. My wife has fibromyalgia and a back injury so I was eager to see how it helped her. It pissed her off is what it did. No matter how much she smoked zero effect.

I am glad cbd helps people but it's useless to us. Good old potent indica helps her medical issues and relaxes the body and mind. We will stick to thc.
Makes me suspect of the samples you had, or could just be your physiology. The longer I use the Canna-Tsu, the lower my pain, anxiety and other issues get.

I know I ended up "chasing the high," at first. I've spent so long associating being high with being medicated, I would keep using more and more. Once I realized what was going on, I began to wait some time after a bowl, see where my issues were at and then re-medicate if necessary. Turns out I was using way more than I needed. Definitely different having my issues abated, and still being perfectly sober. The full spectrum of effects took over a week to begin and at 3 weeks life starts to get good. :D

i grew just 2 seeds. out of the 2 one have been sort of a runt, no deformities or anything just really stunted plant.
normal plant was a really nice plant, leaves wasn't like some very broad leafed indicas, more that of a hybrid. it doesn't require nutrients all that much, it feels as though it could go on on bare water. the smell isn't fruity at all, it's more of spicy skunky sweetness. soapy, savory/chicken, with a dash of pine freshness, pretty pungent.
i let her go 11 weeks, she dropped all her fan leaves with the rest of them turned either yellow, dried out or chlorotic. that's because she didn't show all that much of amber trichs around 9 week mark.
honestly smoke wise i don't feel it as an indica at all, at least not a knockout, couchlock indica. i would rate it 70/30 indica/sativa. it doesn't make my eyes red or body stoned. it also doesn't impair short term memory - you know, when you have hard but giggly times completing simple tasks, like you can't find a folder on your pc and when you finally find it you don't remember what you was looking for in the first place. munchies are there but not really severe. it is just relaxing, serene, pretty clearheaded and functional chillout herb, good for an evening on the beach with freesbie. it's still indica so it's pretty lazy and your muscles feel somewhat heavy like after a good deep tissue massage, but it doesn't make me sleepy.

Here is a post from nierity about sweet seeds SAD