What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosca's Cinderella 99 "F1"

Crazy Chester

It's ok, Boyd. I no longer believe it was broad mites. If it were broad mites, like I thought it might be over a month ago, they'd be dead by now.

I had a PH problem at the time, due to the coco that I used mixed with some soil being too hot. That slowed the plant growth way down. I started seeing the taco effect on the leaves and the leaves arching down, both broad mite symptoms. So, I hit the plants with some cold pressed neem oil and Bonner's Sal Suds in an effort to slow them down.

Simultaneously I had the PH problem. So I flushed the pots and PH'd to 6.2. But, the damage was done. It took three weeks for the plants to recover. In the meantime, the plants were scavenging nutrients from themselves (as Noonin NorCal observed). Then, in the last week, the plants' newest growth is looking healthy. So, I think I got the right PH and nutrient levels going in the critical fifth week of flowering. These plants are going to finish strong! :woohoo:

They are going to suffer a yeild loss though. The growth lost from my medium problem was a week of pure veg and ten days of stretch. These plants would have been up to twice as large if I didn't have that problem. That's ok, though, these little plants are going to grow some nice buds in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Another Bud...

Another Bud...

ic
Turning it around...

ic

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Your girls look lovely mate. No worms in sight. Whatever you did it worked like a charm.

Crazy Chester

Your girls look lovely mate. No worms in sight. Whatever you did it worked like a charm.

It was just neem and soap, by the way. I haven't seen any caterpillars yet this season, but I did knock off a couple thin webs between the plants, so I expect to see tiny caterpillars soon. I check every evening to pick them off, one by one.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i had a old bro grim pineapple pheno that i loved ,but i lost her, but befor i lost her ,i bought mosca c99bx1 seeds found a nice smelling male & bread it to the bro grim cut.
im getting the pineapple aroma in the f1,s but not the taste,much better structure, i made some f2,s earler this year ,going to look threw those for tha aroma& flavor.

Crazy Chester

i had a old bro grim pineapple pheno that i loved ,but i lost her, but befor i lost her ,i bought mosca c99bx1 seeds found a nice smelling male & bread it to the bro grim cut.
im getting the pineapple aroma in the f1,s but not the taste,much better structure, i made some f2,s earler this year ,going to look threw those for tha aroma& flavor.

Thanks for commenting and I hear you, bugman. I had the same experience with original Brothers Grimm v. Mosca. Most had less terps than my old grapefruit pheno. Some had as strong an aroma, but none had the taste carry over. That was one of the special things about my old clone - she tasted just like she smelled - loud grapefruit (with the "evil" undertone)! She was so special, you could roll her up in a joint, take a few puffs, walk away from it a few days, come back, spark the roach up and it would have the same taste as the first puff off it!

I have one very nice pineapple smelling pheno on the roof right now that came out of the seeds I started that were derived from Mosca stock. I shall see if that carries over into the taste in about a month or so.

I firmly believe the genes to get something special like what was common in the early 2000s are out there. We just have to grow out enough seeds to find them.

Also, I think it underscores the importance of getting good clones to friends so you can get it back if things go wrong in your garden. My two grower friends back East only grew from seed and didn't keep clones. When I had moved out to California, I didn't know any growers so I didn't have a chance to get her to someone else before I lost her. Next time, I'll try harder.

Good luck, bugman and thanks for stopping by!

Crazy Chester

Is this the Jojo that made trainwreck s1s when no one could get a trainwreck cut (circa early 2000s)?

If so - thanks! I grew out a pack and they were great. Curiously, I got one monster of a plant that grew like crazy and was a true male! I've got some old blowfish x trainwreck seeds that I made with it that I'm afraid to try because they are so old (I don't want to lose them). Been meaning to research germing old seeds before I try.

I've never grown c99 to multiple pounds before, so I don't know if it's possible. I have to think it is though. If all goes well CrushnYuba will have a multi-pound plant I think. But, the conditions have to be right. My experience growing c99 outdoors is that it is susceptible to mold. If it is dry outside it grows beautifully though.

JOJO420

Veteran
Is this the Jojo that made trainwreck s1s when no one could get a trainwreck cut (circa early 2000s)?

If so - thanks! I grew out a pack and they were great. Curiously, I got one monster of a plant that grew like crazy and was a true male! I've got some old blowfish x trainwreck seeds that I made with it that I'm afraid to try because they are so old (I don't want to lose them). Been meaning to research germing old seeds before I try.

I've never grown c99 to multiple pounds before, so I don't know if it's possible. I have to think it is though. If all goes well CrushnYuba will have a multi-pound plant I think. But, the conditions have to be right. My experience growing c99 outdoors is that it is susceptible to mold. If it is dry outside it grows beautifully though.
I believe that is Jojorizo you are speaking of, different Jojo :)
I was just at my neighbors garden and he has BIG 6-8 pounders easily. Says they get bigger? They are 2/3 done here in California

Crazy Chester

I believe that is Jojorizo you are speaking of, different Jojo :)
I was just at my neighbors garden and he has BIG 6-8 pounders easily. Says they get bigger? They are 2/3 done here in California

Yeah, c99 generally grows nicely in the California sun. Moist and humid spots are touch and go though due to mold susceptibility, in my experience.

CrushnYuba

You can definitely get some multi lbers. Don't think any of mine will be less then 5 lbs. More 7-8 for most. Bit slow on the flower though so far. Buds are not as developed as other strains in my garden.
I feel like allot of strains can hit 10. Pretty sure c99 can easily. Just 10s are a huge pain. 5's are manageable. It's way easier for me to do 2 5s then 1 10. Any sativa growing plant with dense flowers can hit 10.