What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Cheese 100 Gallon Organic Outdoor Grow

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Wow that got big :) congrats

Haha thanks, i measured it a few days ago.
Its 5ft long X 4ft wide X 6.5ft tall from the soil.

looks like she could use some bamboo stakes or a cage or a trellis wrap. good job so far... i love the blue cheese

Yeah next up is to get a trellis net. Gotta get some $ haha, luckily weather has been good. Appreciate the feedback lots of respect man.

Looks great !

You must have decent Southern exposure so you get more hours of sun.

My plants started flowering about August 7, at about the same latitude.

My plant has great southern exposure, and has full sun for 10 hours from soil to top of plant 8:30am to 6:30 pm.

Funny I was estimating my plant would start flowering about august 7th. Surprised me it waited like 3 more weeks, i was hoping for an october 1st harvest but no complaints.

PakSamGyiShing

Ibechillin, are you noticing any trichs forming yet? Although your lady is far larger than my girls, they look to be at about the same stage of development otherwise. I'm in Sonoma County and this is my first year outdoors, and first grow in many years, so not sure what to be expecting! They also only get about 4-5 hours of direct sun a day so wondering how that's also affecting them :thinking:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Ibechillin, are you noticing any trichs forming yet? Although your lady is far larger than my girls, they look to be at about the same stage of development otherwise. I'm in Sonoma County and this is my first year outdoors, and first grow in many years, so not sure what to be expecting! They also only get about 4-5 hours of direct sun a day so wondering how that's also affecting them :thinking:

I dont think i have trichomes forming yet, upper branches are just starting to fill out with pistil clusters. The tops get a few hours more direct light, Lower 1/3 of the plant seems like its about a week further along and nugs are thickening up.

Looks great! Are you having any issues with PM?
Everyone I've talked to is getting hit hard this year.

Either i got lucky or the blue cheese is pretty resistant to it. I didnt spray anything on my plant all season since i put it out may 7th, foliar fed once or twice a week with kelp and the blue moon mega roots though.

I had a branch split away from the stalk from rain a few weeks before flower and i tried to brace it up to heal. After a week it didnt improve and was wilting, so i removed it and noticed a little brown rot forming at the end where it met the stalk. Either botrytis or fusarium had got into the wound or was in the soil.

I watered in a crushed 325mg aspirin and a 1/2 cup 3% peroxide per gallon of water to sanitize the root zone and boost the plants immune system. Sprayed a light bleach solution on the open wound(100ml bleach with 900ml water) and everything is back on track.

I noticed a few red spidermites when flowering first started so I foliar sprayed every day or 2 for a week.
I mixed 2 tablespoons food grade diatomaceous earth and 2 tablespoons garden safe neem oil with a gallon water.

Dankwolf

Nice work for your first run growing a growing a tree . i am subbed for sure :tiphat:. Healthiest plant is not always the best . i have learnd more from my mistakes then i have my success.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
September 18th.

Thunderstorm, high winds and heavy rain plant didnt even flinch. Tethered the stalk with a rope to a stake.

picture.php

Clone i plan to reveg.
picture.php

Have had alot of rain the last 2 days, today and more expected tommorow. Plant foliage and budlets look healthy.

I'm worried about the damp soil conditions more than anything. Since attempting to treat some type of infection just before flower started. Ive been keeping the soil pretty dry until the rain.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Leaf yellowing progression, pretty sure nitrogen deficiency.

Start
picture.php

Midway
picture.php

Late
picture.php

End
picture.php

Nute burn from feeding heavy Alaska Fish 5-1-1 to fix deficiency.
picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Over the last few days ive noticed a different fading on some leaves.

magnesium deficiency?
Veins stay green, leaf pale/yellow.
Fed some molasses to try and fix.

picture.php

picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Removed some spindly growth from the inside and sampled some early nug. Got a picture showing the hollow stems.

picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Appreciate the input PDX it probably is rootbound, i just cant seem to feed it enough.

Yeah spidermites showed up just before stretch started, i sprayed diotamacious earth and neem oil daily for a week to get rid of them.

Ive been checking and havent seen any more mites. I hope the neem and D earth keeps them at bay, im pretty far into flower to spray anymore.

PDX Dopesmoker

Appreciate the input PDX it probably is rootbound, i just cant seem to feed it enough.

Yeah spidermites showed up just before stretch started, i sprayed diotamacious earth and neem oil daily for a week to get rid of them.

Ive been checking and havent seen any more mites. I hope the neem and D earth keeps them at bay, im pretty far into flower to spray anymore.

Thats one of the things I kind of hate about spider mites, especially on a big plant like that. They're not too hard to get rid of once you decide to, but with those scars left on the leaves you can't tell for sure if you got them all or not. I just said fuck it and cut off all my spider mite damaged foliage because I didn't want to waste my time playing paranoid druggie mind games with possibly deceased arachnids, but I got them way long ago when the plants were smaller and finding all the bitten leaves was easy and the pests didn't have flowers to hide in. With your big Blue Cheese you'd end up picking like 95% of the spider mite looking leaves if you worked at it for hours and then the next day you'd see one leaf you missed and think that maybe mites were back.
If you don't pick them all off then the scars leave a nice polka dot kinda effect on damaged leaves and if the plant fades to a pretty color it can be extremely attractive in an autumnal earthtone kinda way. Really kicks the shit out of a maple tree visually when a pot plant does it just right.

ManyManySpliffs

Removed some spindly growth from the inside and sampled some early nug.

Hey Ibechillin, How was the early sample tasting? How much longer do you think until she'll be ready? Were you going to eyeball when to chop or do you have a jewelers loupe/high powered magnifying glass to examine the THC.
She looking mighty healthy right now. I believe you'll have more weight on your one plant than I'm going to get from my six. lol I'm going to refrain from taking any samples this year and be all the way patient. Keep up the awesome work, its almost that time buddy.. :woohoo:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Sorry for the long delay haha all is good.

Hey Ibechillin, How was the early sample tasting?

The early nug smelled like fresh flowers and sweet hash. I was quick drying it so flavor was hit and miss of what it smelled like.

How much longer do you think until she'll be ready? Were you going to eyeball when to chop or do you have a jewelers loupe/high powered magnifying glass to examine the THC.

I was was using an app on my phone to look and take pics ill upload them soon.

She looking mighty healthy right now. I believe you'll have more weight on your one plant than I'm going to get from my six. lol I'm going to refrain from taking any samples this year and be all the way patient. Keep up the awesome work, its almost that time buddy.. :woohoo:

Proper update on the way once im finished trimming. :smokeit::whip: