What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does vaping decarboxylate as fully as smoking?

rolandomota

Has anyone ever tried smoking the shit out of a joint? I mean really go at it hard the complete opposite of vaping? It gets me higher that's for sure especially after smoking the same weed for a few weeks. Vaping doesn't Do much to me but a joint right after gets me good when normally a joint by it self is mild.

doams

Has anyone ever tried smoking the shit out of a joint? I mean really go at it hard the complete opposite of vaping? It gets me higher that's for sure especially after smoking the same weed for a few weeks. Vaping doesn't Do much to me but a joint right after gets me good when normally a joint by it self is mild.

think its same as smoking/vaping when already on edibles.. just few hits restarts the high to same level think it boosts the high and I usually need way less like when on edibles 5min vaping gets me where 20min vaping would get me without edibles already in the system..
I like it lol.

Galaxy420

what- you mean when the fire line goes down the side of the joint and it opens up :dance013:

that's the only way to hit em :)

it's a run :tiphat:

vaping though,, it took me a while to adjust but after adjustment period vaping is so far better than the smoke route for my experience at most... the taste, it's what makes me vape every time! bring on legal terp essences here @ East Coast!!!!!!!!!!!!

doams

I see the have cannabis tea and also for increasing solubility of THC. They shoulda combined the two!

I love tea. Two that relax: Celestial seasonings blueberry and of course pretty much any chamomile tea. And maybe Cannabis tea.

And Chimera bro you're biased toward the terpenes and flavor. lol

Although you can just...and this is from that PDF you turned me onto....hold your vapor hit in as; "During the clinical administration, it was found that about 35% of total THC was exhaled
directly after inhalation and was therefore not absorbed by the lungs."

Ha isn't that great it's not those three seconds people say it is with vapor. If you release any visible vapor that's wasted THC :)

I let the vape inside for min. 20 seconds everytime.
cant complain after 20 minutes of vaping /even after 10 I feel I dont need more but always continue to 20/.
:D

but it depends if its popcorn or from colas /10 minutes with popcorn is not enough but with colas stuff 10 is plenty :D

so for me 10 is like emergency minimum if there is not enough time for 20 minutes regular session.

zamzia

Veteran
I run my volcano at 380 -> 400 -> 420 (ofc) -> 446 for every bowl. Sometimes I add a step if I pack mega bowls with extra kief/concentrates, but that gives 4 bags that are roughly equal in strength, maybe getting a little bit weaker. Even still, I manage to make edibles out of the vaped weed afterwards.

Might give this a try!

zif

Veteran
^ If you think of vapor as an extract, this makes a lot of sense. Especially if squeezing every last molecule of activity out is your goal.

Likewise, if you want a huge hit, pack lots of material, use very low airflow, and set a temp you like in a direct delivery vaporizer. You can extract truly enormous amounts of the good stuff in one go.

Galaxy420

^ If you think of vapor as an extract, this makes a lot of sense. Especially if squeezing every last molecule of activity out is your goal.

Likewise, if you want a huge hit, pack lots of material, use very low airflow, and set a temp you like in a direct delivery vaporizer. You can extract truly enormous amounts of the good stuff in one go.

with vaporizing slow introduction of terpene profiles are best IMO... I start low heat and vape a while, then increase vape temp 10 degrees at a time to vape some at thst higher temp until the top vape temp is reached... Works great for full body stone with a vape, otherwise it's just a head high sometimes

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Sometimes i just heat the vape at a higher setting than the one I want to vape on. Then I start the baloon filling fan and set the temperature at the temp I want it at. Since the vape is a bit overheated when the filling starts it will extract more from the bud in one pass without burning the weed, so that is how I get a full spectrum high in a single bag.
It's fast too, also a good way to heat the vape to temp when you start the session.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One thing not to forget about vaping at various temperatures is, that if you're using a balloon, you will inhale certain volatile parts first and others later.
When puffing on a pen with herb, that's why the first two-three hits are full of flavor as the terps go first, after that, there's still vapor coming out and it gets you more baked (as the cannabinoids continue to boil off) but without the awesome taste and with a different effect. The first couple drags are almost a complete different thing...
I used to have a chart with boiling points of cannabinoids and terpenes but can't seem to find it now...

Oh yes and in a balloon, everything mixes nicely and gives you the overall goodness for as long as the balloon lasts as the whole bowl went into it.

CC

Drewsif

Most vaporizers are novelties. Not many are efficient.. Theoretical answer to the question is: Vaping is more efficient. However, 2 things other than poor extraction itself can cause low conversion rates: Wet herb, and poor atomization.

The only study I've seen on this was done with the Volcano, a horribly inefficient vape. The data was worthless,results ranging from 30 to 60 percent efficiency. The joint data was just as varied. Seems technique plays the role in efficiency. All smoking is, is vaping by chasing the vapor with smoldering plant matter.

About atomization. If I vape dank in the Solo with the short length tubes, the taste is sludgy slimey instead of dry and tart (in a good way), but it doesn't get me as high. Likewise, vaping through a rig gets me way higher than the regular mouthpiece. You can taste the difference in molecule size between good atomization and a clumpy fog of terps and prematurely evacuated thc-a.

The same thing happens if you vape herb in the Solo without letting it soak for 35 seconds. The hit is wasted. Also notice vaping concentrate through the Solo is a near complete waste, and the kanthal wick pens are only slightly better IMO. You need enough heat and proper atomization.