What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm starting to think I'm older then most of you:scripture:
when i was a younger teenager in the mid '70's circa 1974 ...something special came around and i've never seen it since ... it was RED hash oil ... Deep Red & translucent with thick viscosity Hash Oil ... incredibly fragrant ... the way we used it was to put some on aluminum foil and heat it w/ a lighter from underneath & it would slightly sizzle & then inhaling the vapors w/ a straw , or an empty Bick pen body ...this is called "Chasing the Dragon" it had a unique quality in that the subsequent vapor would EXPAND in your lungs so you had to be careful and take less then you would think , or else

This was Hash Oil that underwent an Isomerization & made by underground chemists & if you dont know what that means please look it up..

Sh*t was DANK ... the rush was amazing

The older you are the less you would find anything of quality especially hash oil. By 1968 it started to show up in my area(Bay Area) but the quality was not the best. Any that lived out in the burbs never saw it.. By 1975 red or yellow oil was around but rarely was it available. 95% of hash oil was black. Some even had a green tinge. Supply and demand, whom ever wanted to pay the big bucks for red oil got it. Most of us did not bother with it. I got a better high from flowers anyway. I preferred the taste from flowers.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer >>> if you lived in the Bay area in '68 all i can say is WOW ..talking about being in the right place @ the right time >>> both musically AND culturally speaking .. got respect for that .. i grew up in suburb of NYC right across the Connecticut border ... all the cool trends took 10 years to reach the east coast from the west coast U lucky dog

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't do anything that made it any more special than any other city?. I spent most of my childhood getting high, Getting high motor cross racing , getting high going to concerts. My 1st day on the green was 1973 through 1999 at Oakland Coliseum. I missed a few not many. It was very easy to get drugs..I suspect it was easy in NY.. I've lived most of my live in cali.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
we can't all be bike super heroes .. i respect what you do Unc ..don't even know anyone else who could...matter of fact the other day there was crew of cyclist all set up in fancy gear from head to toes (they looked like spacemen) hanging out for a break in front of my village general store ..i wanted to get a pic of them for you and asked and the leader who instantly got all offended at me .. like i was the weirdo ..he was a jerk

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we can't all be bike super heroes .. i respect what you do Unc ..don't even know anyone else who could...matter of fact the other day there was crew of cyclist all set up in fancy gear from head to toes (they looked like spacemen) hanging out for a break in front of my village general store ..i wanted to get a pic of them for you and asked and the leader who instantly got all offended at me .. like i was the weirdo ..he was a jerk

that's just roadies for you...they've forgotten that riding bikes is supposed to be fun so they tend to be assholes...i like to get high and go ride around the desert,totally different thing...i wear normal clothes and sandals to ride in...i don't need to dress up like a super hero to ride a bike...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
US Festival in ’83 Glen park. 3 days of weed and mushrooms. Van Halen David lee Roth was drunk on stage.

picture.php

picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is Raceway Park @ Englishtown New Jersey on 9/3/77 .. i was smashed right in front of the stage in a sea of humanity

one hundred and fifty thousand people behind me & i'm tripping my ass OFF on ALD-52:biggrin: (look it up) way way way over the top of comprehension >>>
picture.php
picture.php

that's just roadies for you...they've forgotten that riding bikes is supposed to be fun so they tend to be assholes...i like to get high and go ride around the desert,totally different thing...i wear normal clothes and sandals to ride in...i don't need to dress up like a super hero to ride a bike...

Spot on man ^^^ ... this is what i love about you Unc ..you see right through ALL the bullsh*t and call it like it is...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
When I was in the Marine Corps we had a guy come in and the gunny yelled at him for get a speeding ticket on one of the roads on base. He asked him why he got a ticket for 35 in a 25 zone. The guy looked at him and said I didnt know you could get pulled over on a skate board. My gunny laughed and said use the next road over there are less MP's.

That was on a steep hill.

You know who Gunny is from Mail call? He died recently. Ermey. That was one of my good buddies uncle. He married his moms sister in the Phillipines and brought her here, My pal used to go have Christmas with him on his ranch down in southern Cali. He wanted to have me and my sons go meet him some time. I was always too busy. Ermey loved horses, and cars, and motorcycles, and Christmas was always real big, He was a real good person in real life. A full metal jacket

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The older you are the less you would find anything of quality especially hash oil. By 1968 it started to show up in my area(Bay Area) but the quality was not the best. Any that lived out in the burbs never saw it.. By 1975 red or yellow oil was around but rarely was it available. 95% of hash oil was black. Some even had a green tinge. Supply and demand, whom ever wanted to pay the big bucks for red oil got it. Most of us did not bother with it. I got a better high from flowers anyway. I preferred the taste from flowers.

Damn! You are old! I didn't smoke my first spliff until 1969

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Day on the Green. Led Zep! Were you there Hammer?

Robert Plant punched out one of the security on stage.
I snorted mescaline

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You know who Gunny is from Mail call? He died recently. Ermey. That was one of my good buddies uncle. He married his moms sister in the Phillipines and brought her here, My pal used to go have Christmas with him on his ranch down in southern Cali. He wanted to have me and my sons go meet him some time. I was always too busy. Ermey loved horses, and cars, and motorcycles, and Christmas was always real big, He was a real good person in real life. A full metal jacket

I saw Full Metal Jacket in the theater when I got out of boot camp in Coronado. Bunch of stuck up Navy guy there. All pissed off because we were laughing during the boot camp scene.

Gunny told my friend he was coming to pick him up to go to diner and he would be right over and his wife and him should be ready. Then a short time later Gunny landed across the street in a helicopter to pick him up. My buddy said he was a real nice guy.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My older son is upstairs bucking dry buds into labeled paper bags for me. I told him he can pick out a zip. He is very happy, and so am I

Aspenou812

Veteran
:good:oh yeah,i saw that they had finished paving a brand new bike path up the biggest hill in town...so now there's a buttery smooth way up and down although i bet going down it's way too narrow as it's easy to get up into the high 30's just by coasting...and they are adding a bike lane next to the highway that goes over the pass..

You attempting a facelift on the down side...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day on the Green. Led Zep! Were you there Hammer?
Robert Plant punched out one of the security on stage.
I snorted mescaline

I had my fav bands I never missed. When these guys where here I was there. Ozzy ,Led Zep, Van Halen, The WHO, Rush ,Queen. I was 12 years old at my 1st DOTG. My mom dropped me off in Oakland. About a 45m car ride from home. I had to find my own ride home. It was a much better time then what I see kids facing today. Getting rides from strangers was no big deal.