What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No way this works? "Toms tumble trimmer"

Budman100

http://www.tomstumbletrimmer.com/

this looks like a joke...How the hell does it trim the bud?? It just tumbles it over each other there are no blades or anything!!??

ONE TO THREE POUNDS OF DRIED PRODUCT IN LESS THEN 15 MINUTES! really?
www.tomstumbletrimmer.com

You are way wrong! I bought a tomstumbletrimmer a few months ago and it works fantastic. The finished product is not quite as good as hand manicured, but it wasn't that hard on the product since they don't use metal blades. Over all I am saving a lot of money I previously paid to employees with minimal difference in finished product.

Budman100

tomstumbletrimmer.com

tomstumbletrimmer.com

www.tomstumbletrimmer.com

You are way wrong! I bought a tomstumbletrimmer a few months ago and it works fantastic. The finished product is not quite as good as hand manicured, but it wasn't that hard on the product since they don't use metal blades. Over all I am saving a lot of money I previously paid to employees with minimal difference in finished product.

Budman100

tomstumbletrimmer

tomstumbletrimmer

BTW, you shouldn't make negative or positive comments unless you try a product first.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Great! Can we see a picture of your Tumble Trimmer in use, a picture of it in the real world, and perhaps a close up of the finished material in from it?

Not doubting you own it, but you don't exactly have a reputation here so that we know you are a legitimate happy customer of the tumble trimmer, and not just the proprietor or one of his buddies creating an account for the sole purpose of chiming in on this thread. Your "review" reads very similar to the reviews the proprietor has posted on his website.

I'm actually very interested in this dry trimmer. I'm very interested in dry trimming and believe that it can be done gently with the correct strain of the correct moisture content with excellent results. Sure it tumbles the buds around a bit (not much worse then trimmers handling flowers by the nug), but I guarantee they still have better smell and market appeal then some of the fresh ran nugs through any of the available trimmers out there... including the $14k Twister which after having borrowed one can say I'm not impressed with at all. I'm experienced with both the Trimpro Rotor and Spin-pros and my thoughts are the same. Even when slowing my dry times I still don't get the aroma & pungency like I do from a dry trim.

So..I looked into the available dry trimmers (green machine)(trim-pal)(triminator)....the pricing on them is ridiculous (~$5000.. wtf?) for such a simple task. They all also appear to be way overkill for the job needing done... to simply and as gently as possible tumble the buds around to break off any extruding & brittle sugar leaf.

My buddy who runs a shop called about the tumble trimmer by tom. He was told they are working with a larger distributorship and somebody will get in touch with him. He wanted to get one in his shop right away to check it out, but apparently he has to wait after having contacted the people from the website. Budman100, how fast do you get it? Did you order it online? Did it take 2 weeks to ship like the website says.

$350 is a bit much for such a simple "home-made looking" device, but is pleasing to know that people are working on this. I'd much rather pay $350 for a quick tumble that needs just a quick touch-up before hitting the market then spend $5700 on a device which ultimately requires the same touch-up.

Ultimately one can give the dry buds a brief shake in a cardboard box and net similar results, but this little PVC rig would help screen out the shake and keep everything neat and orderly while processing larger amounts. I like what I'm seeing - but there is literally no feedback or info on this product anywhere on the web. Searches eventually all lead you to the salad-bowl type wet trimmers which suck royally in my experience.

Tom, you're on ICMAG now! This is your time to shine. Lets see some real world results and honest feedback. Both the proprietor and the one person who's tried this thing are brand new accounts with posts only in this thread. :chin:

tomstumbletrimm

I know this does not look like an expensive piece of equipment, but it is made with quality parts, pre-assembly time, and it actually works great! I am not making a killing. Same profit of most manufacturers.

Tom

W

wegobigupnorth

Tom, you sound way to much like a salesman and it kinda seems like you are avoiding questions being thrown at you...

"Tom, you're on ICMAG now! This is your time to shine. Lets see some real world results and honest feedback. Both the proprietor and the one person who's tried this thing are brand new accounts with posts only in this thread."

That was just said by a member who has already spoken to his friend who owns a shop about this and wants to order it....You MUST have more videos and pictures of this thing in action...?

Simple two sentance answers defending your product but with no real proof is not going to make anyone confident enough to purchase this thing.

This thread is getting some attention, it could be real good advertising for you...You should ease some worries cause you gotta admit this thread is looking a little sketchy with the only person other then you defending your product is a brand new member whose posting sounds very similar to yours...

I am not accusing you at all. Just saying people here need to see more then one, low quality video on your website before they are reassured it is worth spending any money on

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Price really isn't the concern. In fact, it's good to see some affordable options out here. Every other dry trimmer on the market is big, loud, metal, and costs thousands of dollars. Every time I see one I wonder why it was necessary to go to those lengths just to knock some brittle leaves away from the flowers. Why the "blade" at all on these fancy designs.. Tom's design seems like the simple answer. We don't need blades.. we are breaking away brittle leaf here. It seems like anything and everything that relates to trimming costs an arm and a leg... because they know people will pay anything in the attempt to not have to trim, or to offset the costs and risks associated with paying for help.

Tom's got a nice little simple device here. $350 is a really a drop in the bucket if you look at the alternatives out there. If it works.. and I'm coming into this with an open mind, then it's worth it. I'm not necessarily interested in rigging/devising up something similar myself if I can cover the expenses of Toms Tumbler just buying one with a single ounce. Obviously rolling your buds over one another does do a little damage (and I'm certain that can vary depending on how dry the core product is). But that damage may be negligible for those looking to wholesale their product out anyways. Until prohibition ends and I can safely pay for hand trimmers.. this looks like a decent option to get the product cleaned up and gone. The collected trim can then be used for wax, edibles, or whatever. It's not like it's lost like the lawn clippings that a twister or rotor produces.

Tom, if one was to order one from your website does it really take 2 weeks before shipping? Are you building these per order as sort of a side business/ after work thing.

^nothing wrong with any of that if you are. I think your best bet here is to be honest and show the machine for what it is. It's not for your single light connoisseur and I'm certain it doesn't trim all varieties perfectly. It will get hate by die hard hand trimmers that worship fruits of their labor, and their is nothing wrong with that stance either. But I do believe it fills a niche and can be handy for us mid-size growers (4k-12k or whatever) that simply don't have the manpower to hand trim everything.

Up until my recent dry harvest I've been doing my tops by hand and running everything else through the Trimpro Rotor. It does a great job at getting the job done, but aromas lack despite all of my efforts to retain them. Dry trimming wins hands down in my opinion for retaining odor.

I'm also sold on the harvest technique of chopping the room, de-fanning, and hanging for an immediate reload of the space. Wet trimmers slow me down.. as I have to have fresh plants to run... thus extending the period it takes to get my rooms down, clean, & reloaded.

W

wegobigupnorth

I never said there was any issue with price at all. Sorry my words must get twisted on here or something I was just saying I do not think many people will buy it based on the one video we have seen which isn't that great...Maybe some will still buy it as you are correct, it is a very cheap mostly automated trimmer compared to anything else that can handle as much weight as this. I would actually be VERY interested in purchasing one before September to trim my outdoor if there were more videos for us to see. I am not saying from other customers as Tom cannot control wither any of his customers make a video/review of their experience but I am sure he did a shit load of test runs/trails whatever with this...Why only one video with really kinda bad looking weed in it...Hard to tell how good the trimmer works with that one video.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I agree - not refuting any of your posts..my response to Tom's reply about the price being steep and just my thoughts/ramblings in general.

Hopefully we'll here more about the Tom's Tumble Trimmer in the future.

bd0t

$350 aint bad at all. Shit I spent $600ish on a trimpro unplugged.
I might consider this product later in the season once I have a better idea of how much product I'll have on hand that needs trimming. Normally I trim wet with the trimpro and fiskars by myself but If I cant keep up at harvest theres no doubt that some of the bud will end up dry and in that case I can still save my time by using a trimmer like Tom's.

I'll be looking for reviews and what not as time goes on.

Snype

Veteran
Yeah $350 aint bad but I have a feeling it's not going to work that good. It's kind of obvious that budman100 is either Tom or his friend. His only 3 posts are in this thread and he just signed up right when this thread got started. We're not that stupid here. You're welcome to send me one to test it out. I'll give it a shot to see what it does. It looks like you have to put real small buds in there though. If you don't want to send any to any IC members for testing, I'd shoot a new video without edits so we can really see it in action. If it's good, I'd buy a couple but I'm very skeptical. Also I don't know if you're going to be able to patent that from your patent pending speech in the video. Just saying. If the machine does a good job, I'll admit I was wrong.

Budman100

Yes way this works!

Yes way this works!

WWW.tomstumbletrimmer.com

Yes way this works! I bought a tomstumbletrimmer a while back and I am happy to say it does work great. You still have to do a little fine tuning but it saves 95 % of the time it used to take me. Who ever the guy is who said "no way it works!" doesn't know what he is talking about.

tomstumbletrimm

To all who think Budman100 is me. Not true, they are a satisfied customer who came to my rescue! Also, it works on all size buds large and small. If anyone is questioning how good it really works, I would be glad to put them in touch with many satisfied customers. I also may put a supplemental video uncut to show people 1000% proof it really works great when I get back to Clorado, which will be in the near future!

Snype

Veteran
First of all in that video there's no way that's a pound of material and they advertise 1-2 pounds in the video. Looks more like 8 oz of airy / fluffy buds. I want to see an uncut video of you putting 2 pounds in that unit. And buds get all stuck in the net when it's spinning and there's no big buds in there either which makes it even more suspect.

But guess what, because this unit is so cheap, I'm going to buy one myself just to show you guys that this thing is garbage and I'll shoot an uncut video. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it and eat my words but I doubt I'll be wrong.

So now I ask a simple question to Tom. How dry in rH do you want the product to be before I put the product into your unit? Please give me a range to work with.

lightnerdtoo

I have one, if you spin at about 1 RPM, it does a pretty good job, I don't work it to death, and leave about 20% to be hand trimmed, this way I save a lot of time and the end result is quite acceptable. It is best to use it with buds that have very dry leaves with just a bit of moisture in the core.

Snype

Veteran
I have one, if you spin at about 1 RPM, it does a pretty good job, I don't work it to death, and leave about 20% to be hand trimmed, this way I save a lot of time and the end result is quite acceptable. It is best to use it with buds that have very dry leaves with just a bit of moisture in the core.

Good to know! How much weight do you put in at a time?

Also can you put in top colas or do you have to break everything down?

Do you notice trichomes falling off?

I mean for the cheap price, it's worth a try.

EsterEssence

Veteran
How much kief is in the bottom bag? I tumble to collect kief and to me it looks like a lot of kief is knocked off...

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I imagine that would be determined mostly by the moisture content.

I don't have one of these, but I'd imagine that if you had some de-stalked material being held at 62% (say with a boveda pack) or so in a bucket that it'd work pretty well. Upon coming out of the bucket the leaves will brittle up while the nug itself still remains a hair spongy. Anything higher could promote mold in your bucket/jar.. anything less gets into that very fragile/dry territory.

If product is holding at 50% or there about in the bucket I believe it'll be too dry and brittle and you'll have a lot more kief and breaking down of the product as it tumbles. This is just my speculation based on playing around with dry product trying to "trim" it without actually physically handling each piece one by one.

I don't think getting stuck in the net would be a huge problem. Sort of how the product works. Leaf bits will get stuck and broken off both by the net and the buds rolling over one another.

Trichs will definitely be knocked off - not doubt about that. Even hand trimming carefully over micron screen nets a lot of kief. And judging by the way I see some people handle their buds while trimming they are doing a lot of damage themselves as well. I still think the product will be superior to wet machine trim. Finding that sweet spot in terms of moisture content and speed/time rotating is going to be the thing to figure out.

I've got a variety right now that is pretty easy to trim. Dense buds without a lot crevices to get into. I feel this machine would do a good job with this variety. My lemons however are large/fluffy sativa dominant hybrid. They require a much more meticulous trim. I dont think this device would work at all on them. The tumbling action isn't going to get into the crevices of the large buds.

Snype, ya got one ordered? Let us know how it goes.
I think I'm with lightnerd. I'd be interested in doing a lot of my trophy tops by hand while using this to make the smalls/mids presentable.

My market is getting more competitive, but it still mainly boils down to aroma over looks. Dry trim.. either done by hand or machine = pungent dankness. Tumbled flowers that have good nose will have no problem moving while machine trimmed buds that don't have the smell to wow you are in trouble.