What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

thoughts in the nite..

lumberjack.mr

Hello all, Some of us have met.. I want to take a moment to discuss the fear we as American citizens must face as a way of life.
I am somewhat set in my ways at the age of fifty, but I suppose I'm just tiered of the BS. We have been trained by our government and our elders to respect the law and those who enforce it; that being said, this shit has gone way out of hand- and mind ! I live in a small texas town and the grow community is very limited at best and often it is weeks between supply meets demand, and then the grade or quality of medicine is "iffy" at best. I have a vested interest in establishing my own source but my wife has been raised in a very paranoid environment ( as a result of both or her parents being former big- dealers of cannabis) and having seen them both get busted and spend thousands of dollars on attorneys ect.. So I having a very difficult time getting her to support me in my activism toward the legalization of cannabis as a Medication- and regulated access to a recreational market.
I am dying, renal failure has me on a one -way ride and I'm not going out of this life cowering in a corner begging someone to allow me to make myself feel better, or heaven forbid I might find a way to heal myself! I had some medicine growing out in a far corner of our property - completely unnoticeable from any view, and right before they started to bud, my wife went out and pulled them out of the ground when she stumbled upon them! Bear in mind that they have been there all summer, with her out doing yard work and flowerbeds and watering every evening- and she never saw them once!
I was so outraged that I couldn't even speak to her for three days! She of all people, the one who knows better than anyone the amount of suffering I endure, the debilitating nausea day and night, the night sweats, the anxiety of knowing that our daughters have, and most likely will never know a day when their daddy wasn't sick, and the countless "side effects" of the 20+ pills I must consume daily- in conjunction with 10 hours per day of dialysis! How could she do such a thing knowing how much I depend on the relief I am able to obtain from cannabis usage, and that the plants she was destroying would have supplied me for at least 2 months !
I am at a loss for words. after 10 years of marriage , all during which I have been a avid believer - 9 years of which We've been fighting this disease, she refuse to allow me any lee-way on this!
There is simply no way I can continue to pay the extortion prices of medicine here from the streets, and I am unable to travel or move to another more cannabis friendly state due to the extensive daily treatment I require to continue Living!
I am backed into a corner ! I am an activist ! I am also a Patient! Yes, I get people's attention on this topic because I am affected to the core of my existence! I am not afraid any more ! Let the dam county pay the $78,000. per month for my dialysis! Let the dam law pay the 1.2 million that Medicare was billed for my continued life last year alone ! Its all of these Dam Pharmaceutical medications that blew up my one remaining kidney to start with.. sick of HYPOCRACY !,mike

Last edited:

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
I have moved this thread to the medicinal forums, where your post may get more attention. Best wishes...

S

Sat X RB

well ... Mr Lumberjack ... it looks to me like Life is dealing you a shitty hand healthwise. AND THEN to be so actively UNsupported by yr Missus must be like a kick in the guts.

in such a position I would have SO MUCH rage! and because yr sick and without energy you probably can't even kick the dog or cat ... yes?

I 'm getting to be an old codger ... I 'm in my sixties now ... and I know something about losing strength, losing potency ... having to rely a lot on others ... and how having to rely on others means the issue of trust takes on an entirely new dimension. it is big fear of mine that in my final days I 'll be looked after by someone discompassionate ... say someone who secretly hates the elderly. such people DO exist. and for me this would be POWERLESSNESS in the extreme.

I guess this is what you are feeling Mr Lumberjack ... ?

Pal, I wish you the energy to rage at yr situation!!! write yr rage down here. so far it looks like two of us are in it with you.

Live On! Rage On!

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
wow.. I don't know if I would put up with an old lady like that if I was dying...maybe buy cheap mexi weed and make oil with it???..good luck..

lumberjack.mr

A real kick in the gut was when we had two doctors from two different fields and offices, both told me to start growing weed - with my wife sitting next to me! Bear in mind she's just killed the only two girls I had growing! They would've provided me with medicine for the entire winter! The doctors told her that as a result of the continued use of hydrocodone for over ten years- Im now an opiate addict! The problems I have been having getting my dialysis to work properly, the debilitating nausea and spontaneous vomiting, and the uncontrollable rage I feel inside are all the result of my having began to self wing from the pain killers and use cannabis in their place. That is only the beginning of the withdrawal symptoms , and they are going to get much worse! I am so frustrated and pissed I can hardly type fast enough to keep up with my mind!
So, now my wife has heard with her own ears in the presence of the doctors saying it- I hope things will get more realistic around here! I was recommended to use 2~3 oz. per 14 days, of a high CBD, and THC and consider ways to extract from the plant to lesson the effects on my COPD problem.. I am not sure how much or what kind of equipment I will need to supply this amount, but I know it will have to be done in as compact a manner as possible.
It may very well end up that we have to sell the house and either move farther out of town, or state... Between a rock and an opiate addiction !Mike

S

Sat X RB

Between a rock and an opiate addiction !Mike

that's a HARD place.

but I can see yr not done for yet! I mean you seem to have options ... and I wondered if at the bottom of things is the State you live in. viewing matters from the liberal Land of Oz where I live, Texas looks rock hard and just as friendly.
I was wondering if yr Wife's family's trouble was all in that State? in which case moving to another State might change things a lot ...
doctors and their opiates ... ! similar here. lots of 'Oxycontin' addicted people. realising there is trouble with these opiates has prompted one State government here recently to move to approve medical marijuana. the parliamentary vote is soon. but everyone may cover their arses by approving only for terminally ill ...

anyway, no doubt the future will look after itself ... and if you have the means and yr Wife agrees I hope you take the option of moving to a cannabis-friendly State.

So Cobber, cheers from the Land of Oz!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your wife is probably trying to protect your family, daughters from the consequences of being caught growing. instead of not talking to her, try discussing the options. see if you can get her to agree to you growing indoors. just a 250 or 400w lamp in a 2x2 or 3x2' closet or cabinet would be enough for you. indoors, small scale, you are less likely to get caught. i grow in my loft and have done for years without even my kids knowing.

hope things get worked out,

VG

lumberjack.mr

thanks for your input, I am beginning to see a shift in her stance.. We will continue to hash this out until we find a comfortable solution. I am appreciative of your input and suggestions. I am discussing my fathers farm with him and my mother has a home out in the country, and has no neighbors within a mile or so.. I am pretty sure I will be able to set some out in the spring for out-door grow, but I have to arrange a way of sustaining my requirements thru the months in between harvest. I understand my wife's concern for the safety of her and our daughters, but this is my life in the balance! There must be some alternative to her current fears and insecurities, that allows for my medical needs, without jeopardizing our home and family! Perhaps I can obtain some retired or un-needed equipment from those among us who actually care about other people. I know we are out there, just hard to find... Have a great day< and chat back soon! Mike

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
craigslist has used gear all the time..small lights can be bought at home depot and converted for our uses...home depot has up to 400 watts

lumberjack.mr

I have began to shop around the area to see what is available.. We have a batteries and Bulbs+ store here where I can get lights of just about any kind w/ ballast, timers ect. for somewhat reasonable prices. If you have any Ideas about configuration and assembly please feel free to email lumberjack.mr@ gmail.com with your ideas.. I am still learning ,so try not to get too technical on wiring and stuff.. Hope you have a wonderful day! Mike

lumberjack.mr

Here I sit again.. in preparation to lye down and hook up to my machine. I hope the treatment isn't difficult tonite, last nite I had over 3 hours of alarm time. The dialysis is keeping me alive now, but not as well as it should be. Hence the surgery My other arm is torn all to shit from the nurse trying to set an IV and blowing the only good vein I had left! They ended up putting the IV in my chest! Had a couple of rough days ...Mike Good night folks, sweet buds for all !

justpassnthru

Veteran
There is HOPE! Tackle your wife with information...your wife is simply ignorant and viewing it as recreational. Educate her; unless she is that set in her programed cookie cutter approach to your disease.
Cathy Jordan, an activist with Americans for Safe Access (ASA) was in Washington D.C. speaking of her ALS & Cannabis for her medicine. When she returned home/Florida she was arrested. [/color].
http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...organ-says-swat-team-hooligans-arrested-medi/
John Morgan says 'a SWAT team of hooligans' arrested medical marijuana activist Cathy Jordan

By Joshua Gillin on Thursday, March 13th, 2014 at 5:33 p.m.
Robert Jordan shows the shed where he was growing marijuana for his wife Cathy, who suffers from Lou Gehrig's disease. (Tampa Bay Times photo)

Outspoken Orlando attorney John Morgan doesn’t mince words when it comes to his support of Florida’s proposed medical marijuana amendment. He does tend to paint his cause in broad strokes, however.

During a University of Tampa debate on medicinal use of the drug on Feb. 24, Morgan argued that it’s misguided to enforce marijuana laws, using the example of Cathy Jordan, a 64-year-old Parrish resident who smokes to combat amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.

"The issue for this year is very simple," Morgan said. "Should about 350,000 to 400,000 people, including Cathy Jordan, who’s here tonight, who was arrested last year, drug out of her home, because she suffers from ALS, and marijuana is the only thing that will help her, the only question this year for us is the legalization of medical marijuana."

Later, he added this: "There was an arrest of Cathy Jordan a year ago. An ALS patient who’s sitting right here ... this afternoon, and guess what? The agricultural commissioner sent a SWAT team of hooligans out to her house to drag her and her husband out because it's the only relief that she could get."

Jordan is now the president of the Florida Cannabis Action Network, while Morgan has spent $4 million of his own money on a petition drive for a constitutional amendment for marijuana.

Some of the details Morgan mentioned about Jordan’s encounter with law enforcement, though, didn’t sound right, so we decided to check it out.

Acting on a tip

The Tampa Bay Times wrote about Jordan’s plight last year, confirming that her marijuana usage did in fact attract the attention of Manatee County sheriff’s deputies on Feb. 25, 2013. A Realtor noticed an extension cord running from a shed on Jordan’s property to an empty home’s garage next door, then saw a mature marijuana plant growing in Jordan’s garden. The Realtor called the authorities.

According to an incident report, two deputies responded to the call, originally for burglary and theft of service for the extension cord, and confirmed the plant was there.

The responding deputies’ reports noted that two men harassed them and recorded their arrival and subsequent investigation. One of the men (neither are named in those reports, although Robert Jordan and his son were home) reportedly bumped one of the deputies several times and attempted to prevent the pair of officers from entering their property, saying the marijuana was theirs and they wanted the deputies to leave.

One deputy called his sergeant, who responded and then requested the department’s Special Investigations Division, an undercover vice and narcotics unit that responds to drug calls. Three detectives responded to the call and spoke to Robert Jordan, who let the police enter his house and explained his wife used marijuana to deal with her ALS symptoms, according to the division’s report.

Police confirmed no marijuana being grown inside the house, then went outside to find three large plants in a plastic container and two smaller plants in another. Robert Jordan then opened the shed that used the extension cord to reveal 18 smaller seedlings, "a lighting system, an air conditioner, a thermometer and a white erase board to track planting dates."

The authorities explained to Robert Jordan that growing marijuana was illegal under federal law and they could either take all the marijuana "observed in plain view" or they would go get a warrant and forcibly remove the plants. The report states neither he nor his wife were ever threatened with arrest, but reluctantly agreed to let the department confiscate 23 plants.

No one was arrested or dragged out of their house by a SWAT team.

The Jordans sued the Sheriff’s Office for the return of their plants last year. Sheriff’s Office public information officer Dave Bristow did verify that none of the officers responding drew their guns and only entered the Jordans’ property with permission. No warrants were necessary. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office wouldn’t comment on the incident other than to confirm details in the report, citing pending civil litigation.

Robert Jordan confirmed the incident happened the way the sheriff’s reports says it did, although he said the deputies who first arrived did rush up his driveway with their hands on their sidearms. He described them as "very, very aggressive," although he said he was aggressive, too, arguing about whether probable cause allowed them on his property. He noted he told his wife to go across the street with friends after the deputies arrived, and no one touched her.

He had a different opinion about the Special Investigations Division detectives.

"The actual narcotics officers, they were gentlemen," Jordan said. "They were embarrassed, because I told them they were taking my wife’s medicine."

Two of the trio wore ski masks, Jordan said, which the Sheriff’s Office said is procedure to conceal their identities for undercover work. The unmasked detective told Jordan he had two choices: They could wait outside a couple of hours while they got a warrant. Jordan said the detective told him they would then come back and "tear your house apart. And we don’t put nothing back." Or the Jordans could walk them through the house and allow the unit to confiscate his plants, then wait for word on official charges.

The officer then told Jordan they had a right to take anything in the shed, but opted to only remove the light bulb from the grow lamp and smash it.

The same week, State Sen. Jeff Clemens, D-Lake Worth, introduced a medical marijuana bill called the Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act. The bill died, but he filed another bill under the same name in February, ostensibly to set a framework should the amendment pass in November.

Robert Jordan was in the process of buying the property next door, and the utilities were in his name, so the burglary and theft of service charges were never brought, and the Realtor’s company declined to press any trespassing charges.

The Manatee County state attorney’s later reviewed the case and declined to press growing and possession charges because "the state lacks a good-faith belief it can overcome a medical necessity defense in this matter," according to the office’s report. Robert Jordan could have faced a felony count of possession and manufacturing of a Schedule I drug.

We asked the United for Care campaign for a response. Manager Ben Pollara said Morgan’s comments were off the cuff.

"I think it’s just a case of something that happened a year ago … and he was talking from memory," Pollara said. A story about officers in ski masks with guns probably made it sound like a SWAT team, he said.

Robert Jordan said he figured Morgan may have gotten his account from any of the numerous outlets that layered on the hyperbole about machine guns and police brutality -- he named this story by the Huffington Post as being particularly loose with the facts. "No one asked me, or I would have told them the truth," Jordan said.

He also said he had only met John Morgan and didn’t know him, but liked the man for his devotion to getting medical marijuana legislation passed, and how Morgan treated his wife. Having a legal supply of cannabis available would certainly make his life easier, he added.

Meanwhile, the Jordans continue to cultivate their own plants, thanks to having the charges dropped.

The ruling

Morgan said "a SWAT team of hooligans" dragged Cathy Jordan out of her home and arrested her after authorities discovered her family’s tiny growing operation in their Parrish backyard.

Officers obtained consent to search the property and removed mature plants and seedlings, and Robert Jordan faced charges of growing and possessing marijuana, which were later dropped. No one was arrested. No one was dragged anywhere. It seems Morgan may have read a report of the incident awash in hyperbole and recalled that.

There was an incident at the Jordans’ home, but the police reaction was not nearly as drastic as Morgan described. We rate the statement Mostly False.
SAT X RB seems to really know how you feel, kindness with empathy and very touching. Cool posting SATxRB.

Make cannabutter for longer lasting effects, https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12895&highlight=cannabutter Some use a vape and then make brownies or medibles with the vaped buds. Try to utilize more of the bud you acquire; burning it off is the least effective method to 'medicate' for real medical issues.

As an activist with disease myself, I don't think I could put up with what you are but, surely understand how 'stuck' you feel. Especially in that damn toxic state. Oklahoma might have compassion before your state, I don't think you are very far from the 'border.' Hopefully, when more than 50% of the states get legalized for medicinal use..the South will get it, too! In the meantime, 'work' on educating your wife. Maybe someone will send you some high CBD and low THC; as a patient...the fun side-effects get pretty old when I just want to simply function as norml, during the daytime.

dddaver

Veteran
It appears to some that Amd.2 on the Nov. ballot, allowing medical marijuana in FL , is either a forgone conclusion positive or as a forgone conclusion negative. It is neither. That 60% positive needed is quite a hurdle but can be accomplished. All I can say is, vote. I myself will vote for it but I don't plan to participate in whatever the gov't says is okay or not.

lumberjack.mr

Thank you so much! I am alive another day, so there is hope.. I truly appreciate the information and suggestions you have taken time out of your day to provide me. Most people I've discovered, dismiss my story as a scam and scroll on past.. I think those are the folks who're either disconnected from the cause, or are only in it for the $$$.. Maybe they've just been burnt too many times in the past? Honesty isn't as common as I would have it be.. Unfortunate for the afflicted.. Mike

justpassnthru

Veteran
Thank you so much! I am alive another day, so there is hope.. I truly appreciate the information and suggestions you have taken time out of your day to provide me. Most people I've discovered, dismiss my story as a scam and scroll on past.. I think those are the folks who're either disconnected from the cause, or are only in it for the $$$.. Maybe they've just been burnt too many times in the past? Honesty isn't as common as I would have it be.. Unfortunate for the afflicted.. Mike

Hi Mike, I failed to mention that the edibles last much longer, which is more efficient and why I posted that..

Hopefully, you'll be able to forgive your wife for her ignorance; I too, was like her until 2008 when I learned how to learned about legal medicinal use, in my state.

Have a good week-end.:woohoo: jpt

lumberjack.mr

Thank you ! I have used edibles for post-op pain, with amazing success! I only used the pharma crap when they brought me back up from surgery. As soon as I was able I ate a large gummy bear and didn't order the Dillaudid for pain again once! Usually they have me so pumped full of that stuff that I go thru heroine withdrawals for a week or more!
My wife and I are a rock on an ocean of sand, We get frustrated with each other from time to time, but we both know in our heart that neither of us is going anywhere. Hopefully the state of texas will follow thru with legalization, until then I guess I am just a terminally ill criminal . Just a really messed up situation, for us all.. thanks for your time and suggestions. I appreciate them all .. mike

lumberjack.mr

today is a little spooky.. I start full-time hemodialysis tomorrow at noon. I know that it has always been the final step, until transplant- if possible, but i have been on peritoneal dialysis for three years, and i conducted my treatment at home. I can do home hemo, but the training is 8 weeks *8 hrs. per day-for 8 weeks! I have nothing but time, although my wife is my care partner and is in nursing school for the rest of the semester... Looks like i am going to be in-center for a while! I hate those dam 18 gauge needles ! I have been told repeatedly" the pain receptors will die off", but that shit hurts like hell now! Every time i think about it I get nauseous, and i feel a uneasy or discomforting feeling.
This center is much better than the last one, where things went so wrong. My arm is still inflamed and severely bruised, but i am trusting the doctors and nursing staff to help me adjust as easily, and as quickly, as is reasonable to endure- for us all... this last little trip thru the O R was number 33! 33 operations in 50 years! Doesn't seem like there is much time for living in between. Perhaps now things will finally slow down and the roller coaster ride bullshit come to an end.?! Mike

sdd420

Veteran
Man.....I've been in your shoes the wife not on my side. It took going through the hassle of getting a dr recommendation . She finally realized it's not against the law if it's medicine. I have to keep my rec posted by my grow but now she feels safe. Get to a med state if you can or go and Mail back some meds. Peace sdd

I understand you. It may be from a different perspective but morally its all the same. I guess to me, I would say chase your dream. You have put in your work throughout years and its time to enjoy yourself. In this type of situation money matters and i would hate to be out on these streets buyinv
buying green 300+/Oz or a Oz of some bullshit for 80. Grow your dank, have fun & spend the rest of your time doing what you dreamed of and have fun. Maybe one day she'll come around and maybe not but always make sure whatever decision you make that it was your choice. Have some fun

Latest posts

Latest posts