What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Complete novice...

Dazlad

Help pls anyone.!!.1st Eva grow.!!.got 2x4x5 tent with 2x auto's (3rd wk,)under 2x 300 vipa Leds in coco/perlite 4gal smart pots..add cal-mg probs think I have sorted now.!!..but should I pick off lower affected leaves or should I just let them be & let them drop off naturally..??..

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I remove damaged/dead leaves as they can stress a plant out in large numbers. If your whole plant is showing stress, you can't very well remove everything. You'll need at least some to carry you to harvest. Use good judgement on what's hurting your plant vs. Helping.

Dazlad

Thanks bsgospel...only 1st 2/3 sets of leaves affected(brown spots & turned yellow)..think prob was only ph'ed my water, didn't cal/mag it, when I soaked coir bricks..corrected that & both girls seem 2b growing fine now.!!..I'll trim off affected leaves now I know.!!..thanks again.

Lethal

Hi,

I just can't get 100 in line with comment from bsgospel maybe I just got it wrong. Damaged leaves eg those showing deficiency are still functional and definitely don't cause so called stress to plant they are rather indication of one. If you get rid of them you are wasting energy that plant put into them anyway. Dead leaves thats another story don't leave them there or around as it is perfect starting ground for pests. Pictures will tell us more so if you have chance please share.
Lethal

G

ganjygav

Leave the leaves until they are at least 80% messed up because they're still working. Especially on young plants

Leaves just show you that the plant is having problems because that's where they display most symptoms for most issues.
The problem can be anywhere from the roots but will show on the leaves . The condition is not actually in the leaves so removing will do nothing.

It works the same way with healthy leaves. You see nice green shiny leaves you know the plant is healthy from root to tip.

Dazlad

Oh shit.!!.I already took bsgospel's advice and picked off the lower damaged leaves.!!.they were really yellow with lots of brown spots & droopy thou..tried to attach pics on here but "durrrrr" i don't know how to..!!...pmsfl..thanks anyway guys your reply so are really appreciated...

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Oh shit.!!.I already took bsgospel's advice and picked off the lower damaged leaves.!!.they were really yellow with lots of brown spots & droopy thou..tried to attach pics on here but "durrrrr" i don't know how to..!!...pmsfl..thanks anyway guys your reply so are really appreciated...
Relax bro. I´m sure no harm has been done.
It´s a very tough plant we are growing
2 weeks ago I seriously light-burned a few newborns. They are having a great time now :dance013:

P :smoke:

G

ganjygav

Ah well should be fine if it's the lower leaves. Touch the my icmag tab up top and click pictures and albums. Create an album and click upload pictures.
Then while typing a comment you can see a tab that says insert images. Click this and select photos from your album you just made. It's not as long as it sounds lol

iampolluted

as soon as they look anything other than green or start to become damaged, i pull em. no point in keeping a dying leaf around. it won't fix itself, and it's wasting energy trying to keep that leaf alive. pulling it sends lets more nutrients flow to parts that will use it more efficiently. if they are young plants, wait until you have a few (3-4) leaf sets before you get crazy with it. they get used to it pretty quick, and barely notice if it's repetitive...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Dead leaves thats another story don't leave them there or around as it is perfect starting ground for pests. Pictures will tell us more so if you have chance please share.
Lethal

Right, this is more what I meant. Dying/dead leaves cause stress hormones/senescence hormones. If it's not synthesizing- it's a boon (IMO) Leaves can absolutely repair themselves up to a certain point. Like I said, good judgment in what's helping vs. hurting

Dazlad

Ph..up/down

Ph..up/down

Hey guys...my plants are in coir/perlite mix & when I water or feed them,"again advised on here",I always add my cal/mag & nutrients first & then ph my water.!!.."again as advised" I dilute a measured amount of the ph up/down solutions in separate 1lt jars filled with tap water to adjust the ph of water/feed as needed.. (the water over the pond here in GB is excellent.) :watchplant::watchplant:my question is" can I keep the 2 jars of ph up/down diluted water to adjust the ph next time.?.or should I use freshly diluted.?.

Latest posts

Latest posts