What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scrubbing the stench and maintaining CO2 and Ona

IngFarmer

Ok guys so what do you think of passing the grow room air in a carbon scrubber and instead of venting it outside the air is brought back into the room? I don't see anything wrong unless the air scrubbed will contain some harmful substances for the girls which I don't know off..
the idea is to maintain the CO2 which will be pumped into the room...
the room will be quite sealed but just to be on the secure side that no scent goes out...
what ya think?

and I've heard good things about ona, but one guy said putting it in his room his buds took the sweet scent of ona and lost all scent of weed and no matter how long he cured the weed smelled of quite pure ona...has anyone elsed experienced this issue and any advice to not make this happen in case ona is used ? ..the grow room will be a spare bedroom...
thanks to all who will contribute in advance

You can run air through a carbon filter in a sealed room, and it won't do anything negative for your air quality or effect co2 levels in any way. I run two carbon filters in my sealed flower room and everything is going great. Never used ona, but I heard the same horror stories. My impression is that you're not supposed to keep that stuff in the same room as plants. You're supposed to put it in neighboring rooms.

R

Rox

From personal experience ona is best used in conjunction with the exhaust outlet...but having said that the fresh linen smell is very distinctive, whenever I smell it I instantly know someone's growing close:laughing:

IngFarmer

From personal experience ona is best used in conjunction with the exhaust outlet...but having said that the fresh linen smell is very distinctive, whenever I smell it I instantly know someone's growing close:laughing:

well is just because you have associated it with our wonderful plant weed..lol..but reading the reviews on amazon ppl use it for different things, like keeping the cat litter less smelly ecc, ecc :D

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
and what is "pine-sol fumes " little brother Douglas? lol my lil bro is called Douglas haha :) what is it anyway?
Pine-Sol is a popular household cleaner in the USA. I've watched posts for decades where people discuss using it to cover smell. Unfortunately it pools in low places (children/pets) and causes lung damage.

Because it's cheap, people tend to still want to use it. :tiphat:

Hookah79

You use ona outside of your grow room,close to your main door ,or anywhere that has gaps going outside.You can even put one in your car garage,so the scent reaches out to your driveway/curb.

IngFarmer

Pine-Sol is a popular household cleaner in the USA. I've watched posts for decades where people discuss using it to cover smell. Unfortunately it pools in low places (children/pets) and causes lung damage.

Because it's cheap, people tend to still want to use it. :tiphat:

so is it not ONA ? then there is no problem. thanks for the info anyway :)

Scrappy-doo

I used ona with a carbon scrubber while drying my entire outdoor crop last season. Did not affect smell, taste, or smoke quality one single bit. Only way I could see a problem is if you used one of those timed aerosol misters or a spray bottle and some actual ona liquid got on the buds. Otherwise no affect whatsoever, and it works very well.

C

chris harris

I was told by hydro shop that carbon filter would scrub the ona, making it less effective, and shortening the life of the activated carbon, when using the 2 together. True?