What's new

Hermie rubbing with females [no spread?]

DrWho19xx

Hey guys !

I got a tight "isolated" space for growing but in my first run (poped the virginity) when harvesting I found out that one of my plants had seeds in the nuggets (really sly hermie?) but the other females in the same space (right next to it) did not get pollinated ? Good fans that makes them sway a little.

The only thing I noticed was that the hermie had less buds and wasnt as bushy, but I did not see any male signs hence the reason I did not remove it.

Is this a common thing or just pure luck ? The seeds I got from it, are they females or how does hermie seeds work ?

Thanks for inputs :)

w3rds

Move your hermie from the room. It acts like a male. Its seeds make hermaphrodites, the seeds from any females it pollinates will be feminized seeds.

w3rds

Or leave it and any seeds you get in the others will be good for future plantings if you like the genetics.

DrWho19xx

This is not a current grow, this is an old grow and long gone.

My question is why didn't the hermie pollinate the other females in the same space, but only itself. Is that pure luck or any other reasons behind it ?

w3rds

How old are your plants? Depending on their age there is a chance they will still pollinate. Theres always a chance that its a sterile hermaphrodite, never heard of it but its always possible.

DrWho19xx

The plants are already harvested, cured, smoked and long gone. I thought I made that clear in the first post that this is not a current problem.

I tried to write in simple past but this is not my native language.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DrWho,
That guy's not reading & understanding... Just reading... I would take their word w a jar of salt.

On that note,
What most likely happened was that a nanner (male part) popped out due to some form of stress. As the nanner matured it was probably overgrown by another flush of bracts (female flowers) which trapped any potential pollen from escaping. That's more than likely why you didn't get seeds in your other plants.

You can attempt to grow the resulting seed but you should be aware that you may experience hermaphrodism with those plants. Like begets like. The seed should be all female/hermaphrodite.

igrowone

Veteran
interesting, was the plant heavily seeded?
a few males flowers tight inside could conceivably get the pollen trapped inside the offending plant
but a heavily seeded plant would argue for more flowers
hard to explain if that's what you saw

maimunji

What mj passion say.
Im a small grower in 4x4 and like to grow 4-5 big plants there. Last grow one of my plant show me bannanas everywhere more than 100. I think if breeder is good hermi is always sterile. I found only 3-4 seeds on one branch of this plant. All other plants is free of seeds .

igrowone

Veteran
Igrowone,
I take it you also didn't read & understand the original post.

no , i did read the post
less bud is what he said, maybe a few male flowers tight inside
more seeds could mean more flowers
since we can't see the actual plants, we may have different pics in the head about what was there

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My apologies,
I thought he said it was A nugget that had seeds but it was A plant.

That being the case,
Those seeds should probably be eaten or thrown away.
Do with them as you please.

DrWho19xx

Thanks for the replies guys ! I think I understand a little better now.

The grow was 3 plants (A/B/C*) *C was a hermie in the same grow space. I did not see any signs during the time (except less bushy/less buds but I didn't think more of that) but when harvesting I noticed a couple of seeds in plant C.

Plant A/B (females) did not have any signs of pollination.

Plant C was not heavely seeded, I think I got like 20 seeds from entire plant.

I was under the impression (still am) that a hermie could ruin the entire grow. So basicly it was pure luck for me since I didnt plan it haha.

I think I will experiment with the new seeds, could be perfect to get some more training and understanding how MJ works, new techniques, alternative feeding and such before using my other feminzed seeds.

igrowone

Veteran
Thanks for the replies guys ! I think I understand a little better now.

The grow was 3 plants (A/B/C*) *C was a hermie in the same grow space. I did not see any signs during the time (except less bushy/less buds but I didn't think more of that) but when harvesting I noticed a couple of seeds in plant C.

Plant A/B (females) did not have any signs of pollination.

Plant C was not heavely seeded, I think I got like 20 seeds from entire plant.

I was under the impression (still am) that a hermie could ruin the entire grow. So basicly it was pure luck for me since I didnt plan it haha.

I think I will experiment with the new seeds, could be perfect to get some more training and understanding how MJ works, new techniques, alternative feeding and such before using my other feminzed seeds.

hermies can ruin the entire grow
on the other hand, sometimes not
i dabble with hermie genetics, sometimes there can be good things inside those seeds
probably not all your seeds will be hermies, but every genetic has its quirks
my experience has been a 50/50 risk, half of the plants from a hermie plant have been pure females
and some were very worth while growing