What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oxy addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokerman

Veteran
I think, never mind I know I've got an oxy issue. I need 250-300 mg a day or its a living hell for both pain and sanity. Dr got me started then cut me off now I have to buy off the street and that's friggin pricey, not to mention a lot of fentanyl going around so its also risky.Pisses me off to no end cause I've been addicted to certain drugs before and quit on my own. This time its not so easy. Any help or advice would be welcome. Much thanks

soserthc1

Been there done that and then spent two years on fentayl patches. Got so bad I was eating 2 and wearing one 100 micrograms

Get yourself suboxone now ..... Miracle drug for addicts

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
You need professional help dude 250 mg of oxy/day is no joke. Quitting cold turkey could even be dangerous.

Tell your doctor, and see about getting real help. Very few can break the opioid addiction on their own, and addicts are just the type of people to believe they don't need the help.

Trust in yourself that you are asking for help, and call your doctor or local rehab clinic - it could save your life. I know addicts that barely made it alive, and have known others who didn't. Nowadays with Fentanyl and contaminated fake-press pills on the market, opioids are really nothing to fuck with. Get out now while you can see the hold it has on you, and make it happen before its too late.

soserthc1

Damn dude they don't make 80s any more and 7 yrs ago I was getting 50/60$ for one

250/300 mg equals ten thirties is 2bills a day minimum
The main reason I went to fent

Having the intention to quit is the #1 most important thing at this point and keeping the will to get through this. Your doctor may put you on suboxone. It will make it way easier for you to taper off and quit as well as eliminate the the whole black market you never know what youre going to get factor. You dont need luck you got this.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think, never mind I know I've got an oxy issue. I need 250-300 mg a day or its a living hell for both pain and sanity. Dr got me started then cut me off now I have to buy off the street and that's friggin pricey, not to mention a lot of fentanyl going around so its also risky.Pisses me off to no end cause I've been addicted to certain drugs before and quit on my own. This time its not so easy. Any help or advice would be welcome. Much thanks

Admitting there's a problem is half the battle. Seek out help!! If your personal physician won't help (with those high doses, it seems he's out of touch with reality), try:

https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have the will to quit, you can taper off without other drugs. You will feel uncomfortable and unhappy through the whole thing. That's how opiates work. There's a whole new world of happiness and emotional contentment waiting for you if you have the willpower to get through it. If you accept the concept of being uncomfortable and unhappy for a while as the price to pay for freedom and happiness.

Suboxone is an option. It can help you quit and taper off faster with less pain. Some people stay on it too long and switch addictions, finding it harder to get off than oxy or heroin.

Kratom is another option. If you can make the switch, tapering off kratom should be less painful than tapering off oxycontin directly.

MTNMEN

My family on my fathers side are all very intelligent physicians, ortho surg, and pharmacists, One very close to me used to give me full access.....and im serious as a heart attack. Everyone on that side of the family work hard but play harder, and when doing so we apparently go balls to the wall. Which has led several in my family to take various routes to recovery. My most personal way of doing so was by going to a physician i could trust that could lead in helping wean off the preexisting opiate needs the body would throw. With the millgrams you consume please do yourself a favor and have a supervised taper off before you take the next step in getting yourself healthy again. I can tell you ssleep, eating right,lot's of good vigorous cardio exercise will go a longway to helping you feel better and distract yourself from "getting into your own head" which for some is very destructive. Some folks indeed do end up addicted to the very "medicines" doctors throw at the disease in clinics. Your self aware, willing to listen to help. Two great fucken steps to getting healthy again man! If there's anything i can do to help ya man just let me know! My brother was addicted to the pills in the pic below and they killed him.

Attachments

• sandoz lovley.jpg
    sandoz lovley.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 15

Scrappy-doo

Kratom is another option. If you can make the switch, tapering off kratom should be less painful than tapering off oxycontin directly.

Lots of people swear by kratom for beating opiate addiction. There's a huge reddit section that's very active. Good place to ask questions and talk to others who can relate. Good luck dude!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the half life of suboxone and methodone are worse, krantom did not satisfy me at all

I was at the same level of maintenance, strong oils made a huge difference after I tapered off, and for me the worst part wasn't being physically ill for a couple weeks (I get it bad vomiting etc) but the 6-12 of depression and anxiety that comes with it

now they don't call to me, have had them after surgery a couple times and was able to put em down before finishing the script or even caring that I didn't

funny how that works

EastCoast710

buy 5 8mg.. subs.. take 8mg day one.. make sure your sick as fuck before taking it.. atleast 20-30 hours after your last dose of oxy..

then day two.. take 6mg.. day 3 4mg. .day 4 4mg. day 5 3mg.. day 6 3mg.. day 7 2mg day 8 2mg.. day 9 1mg. day 10 1mg . days 11-14 at half mg.. then stop.. shouldn't feel much of anything.. grab a few benzos.. for the first day with no suboxone.. and you will be FINE.. I had to kick a 300mg a day habit .. did this felt nothing except the first day before taking sub I felt shitty.. but then again I took a Xanax on day 1 so I could last the 20-30 hours so I could take sub..

if you follow that plan. I promise you .. you will feel great..

maybe grab a few benzos so on the first day while u wait to be able to take sub.. u can pop one or two and relax until its time to take sub..

good luck. if u need help let me know. ive kicked multiple times.. had back surgery had to kick .. like I said only felt shitty for a few hours then took sub and within a few hours I was feeling great.

EastCoast710

Admitting there's a problem is half the battle. Seek out help!! If your personal physician won't help (with those high doses, it seems he's out of touch with reality), try:

https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

in the US.. they cant treat you.. you need to go to a suboxone doctor.. methadone clinic.. or detox..

primary care cant and WILL NOT treat addiction.. ]

also.. all u need is some sub.. and the will and want to stop

EastCoast710

Lots of people swear by kratom for beating opiate addiction. There's a huge reddit section that's very active. Good place to ask questions and talk to others who can relate. Good luck dude!

kratom doesn't do dick for 300mg a day.. now if he got down to 30mg a day kratom will help.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in the US.. they cant treat you.. you need to go to a suboxone doctor.. methadone clinic.. or detox..

primary care cant and WILL NOT treat addiction.. ]

also.. all u need is some sub.. and the will and want to stop

URL was for looking up resources, not per se, treatment. Gotta start somewhere.

Scrappy-doo

kratom doesn't do dick for 300mg a day.. now if he got down to 30mg a day kratom will help.

Right on. I have no personal experience with opiate addiction, just going on what I've read over there on the forum.

I've tried kratom a few times though... Used to take adderal recreationally and after quitting found the white strains to be a nice alternative but a much smoother and more pleasant experience.

Green Squall

I can sympathize with anyone trying to get off pharmaceuticals. Although not life threatening like opiates, I've been fighting an uphill battle trying to get off Paxil for many years. It's a nasty, nasty drug. Withdrawals are intense and life shattering.

Best wishes, smokerman. Not trying to sound cliche, but stay positive.

MTNMEN

Wanted to stop in today smokerman and see how ya doing? Keep me up to date on your progress if you fell up to it my man! On a side note i found a 600 dollar clothing steamer machine on my exercise run this am, good juju! I mastered the flat iron in the service, so i may as well master steam cleaning eh?

EastCoast710

I can sympathize with anyone trying to get off pharmaceuticals. Although not life threatening like opiates, I've been fighting an uphill battle trying to get off Paxil for many years. It's a nasty, nasty drug. Withdrawals are intense and life shattering.

Best wishes, smokerman. Not trying to sound cliche, but stay positive.

I helped 2 people get off paxil with the use of klonopin.. and marijuana edibles... and a few ambien .

basically my bestfriends dad got hooked on paxil and was living in hell with it .. so we searched and searched and no1 had answers that worked for most people so we decided to try a few ways.

. cold turkey with just weed.. was horrible for him..

then weaning him off slowly by getting a powder scale.. weighing his pills.. finding out how to slowly detox him off by taking 1/10th of the pill away every other week.. while taking away the part of the pill we would give him an indica based edible. a nd when things because bad around night time he would get dosed with klonopin.. which we also tapered him off of the klonopin and indica to make this such a smooth transition that him. his wife.. kids. parents.. actually pitched in.. and took us out to dinner at a super expensive restaurant.. were they offered us if we need anything and they ment ANYTHING to just cal because they tried a cold turkey detox with him by having him stay at tthier home while he detoxed and said that its almost impossible to watch nevermind give in to something who is feeling that horrible...

now adays hes turned into a grower himself.. 1 3x3 tent for veg.. and a 4x4 for flower.. and now hes phenohunting as many indica dom plants he can find.

Nrthstar

Best advise i can give you is support. Its going to suck anyway you put it but i can promise you it gets better. You need good folks around you knowing what you are going through and support you. Where there is will there is a way. Suboxon is a good choice aswell. I have been to the deepest darkest places with opiate addiction and i can tell you things do, and will get better. Be honest with yourself and those around you. Its not easy but is 100% do able. Being on such a high dose you need some type of medication to taper off. When taking the leap off of opiates completly benzos like xanax, Klanopin, etc in small doses does help along with cannabis. Cannabis helps allot with taking your mind off of the daily routine you used to have and now need to replace. It also helps with the nausua, anxiety, and very importantly giving you an appetite. It is veeeeeery important to eat (healthy if possible) and stay hydrated. Going through withdrawal your body is confused and something as simple as being hungry can make you feel like you are withdrawing worse . Plus eating produces natural endorphins. Walking and excersizing does the same so if you are up to it I suggest in doing so.

Good luck and possitive vibes your way.
Hang in there you got this.

Nrth.

packerfan79

Veteran
Damn doctors are killing people with this poison, I have no experience, deathly afraid to take any kind of opiate. I hope you are able to get through this. Praying for you. We are a family round here, lots of people pulling for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts