What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal marijuana users can’t legally buy a gun

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
OK...everyone take a pause and follow the bouncing ball.

1. You are innocent until proven guilty.
2. If I sign ATF Form 4473 on April 19th and smoke my "first joint" April 20th (next day), then everything on that form is still "truthful".
3. If I sign something under "penalties of perjury", the other party has the burden of proof in court to prove that I knowingly committed perjury.
4. If I plead guilty to "marijuana charge" on April 18th and sign the form April 19th, then I am fucked (evidence you committed perjury).
5. Oh, I hear a question in the crowd...I don't think everyone heard it so let me repeat it: "If there is no proof that I smoked cannabis (no pics of me doing bong hits on social media, no prior arrests, no medial marijuana card (state database), no admission of use in depositions, etc) then how can the folks at ATF prove I broke the law by smoking pot prior to signing the document?" Exactly my point and thank you for the question. It is incredibly hard to prove things that never happened.

Of course if you are talking to a DA or AG attorney about falsifying ATF Form 4473....you're fucked anyway. I refer you to Rule #1: You have the right to remain silent...and think of why you are in an "interview room" having this particular discussion regarding your signature on ATF Form 4473. There probably is another reason for you being summoned.

DISCLAIMER: Not suggesting anyone violate Federal law...just discussing a hypothetical situation where a person signs ATF Form 4473 and then smokes their first joint the following day. Of course being a good citizen, I am also reiterating the right not to testify against oneself and that the burden of proof lies with the government in situations discussed above.:moon:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
as far as assault weapons bans, registration etc goes...you can legally buy what is known as an "80%" lower receiver for AR rifles. they are 80% complete, missing a couple of holes that need drilling & a slot or two you can finish with a drill & a good file. they are NOT considered a firearm, nor can they be registered because they are not a firearm legally. the lower receiver is the only part of an AR variant that bears a serial number. you can buy all of the other parts (upper receiver, barrels etc) on line or through catalog sales/gun shows etc absolutely legally, and the govt will not know you have an AR-15. you cannot legally sell/give it away however...:tiphat:

brown_thumb

I hate the term "assault rifle" when people apply it to AR-15 firearms. They are not fully automatic (machine guns). In fact, other than appearance, there's very little difference between an AR-15 and any of the ubiquitous semi-automatic hunting rifles. I have three AR-15 lowers I bought a few years ago. These were never labeled or declared any particular type so I can make a rifle or pistol out of any of them. I just can't make a short-barrel rifle or add a butt stock to a pistol (and a few other limitations) without first applying for the appropriate tax stamp(s). That's right... Uncle Sam doesn't much care what we have as long as we pay for the tax stamps. I wonder if anyone here knows that the BATFE is a division of the IRS. That's right, it surely is.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I hate the term "assault rifle" when people apply it to AR-15 firearms.

yup. have you noticed that when LEO refer to THEIR ARs, they call them "counter-assault" weapons, as if they only use them to DEFEND themselves. yeah, RIGHT! :laughing: have you ever heard of people getting together & laying siege to a police station & the cops having to protect themselves? no, me neither. THEY are the ones going out & kicking in doors & assaulting folks...the hypocrisy is staggering. repeat the lie loud enough & long enough, & we STILL don't fucking believe you! :woohoo: fuck a bunch of pigs...i understand the need for police officers to protect the average law-abiding citizen and keep the peace/enforce certain laws, i just do not understand why they keep hiring fucking PIGS instead.:tiphat:

DocTim420

IMO, it is all about word & visual association. Describing a "military styled gun" as an "assault weapon" is very disrespectful for us that wore a uniform and depended on the M16 to "live another day"--but it the words "zing" and emits a very good emotion for their side.

What people visualize in their brain when words like "military" and "assault" are spoken are usually very contrasting...one good the other evil. Think "Marketing 101" meets a Mad Mother PMSing--all emotions.

That said, I know my S&W500 will do more damage than any tiny .223 lead pellets flying my way--provided I am "strong enough to pick it up" (fucker weighs 3 1/2 pounds--empty!), lol.

brown_thumb

Very good points, ArmedOld and DocTim. I hate the 'spin' politicians and media use to sell their agendas. None of them ever mention what damage a semi-auto .308 Win, 30-06 Sprng or any other far more deadly caliber can inflict vs. the much smaller .223 Rem or .556 NATO rounds. Of course, the AR-15 can be configured in may calibers but none so devastating as most other calibers in standard hunting rifles.

Doc, my S&W M&P .40 weighs in excess of 3 pounds but it's full-size with a Viridian light/laser and an ext. mag. with a total of 25 rounds of Federal Premium 180gr HST ammo (inc. 1 chambered). I like the weight and balance. Mine has a thumb safety.

*** I won't ever be asking for a MMJ license nor telling my doctor I partake. Or at least I won't until laws change drastically. AND... I always check the "NO" box.

DocTim420

Yep, Brown, big dogs rule! Funny thing, can not find an ankle holster for this big mama anywhere...lol.

Definitely hard to conceal, but I did NOT get it for "concealment"--rather to add to the drama. Imagine looking down the barrel of this baby--but that moment would be less than a nano second. This crazyman was trained to draw and squeeze the trigger as if it were a single motion--don't know how to draw and "talk". If your explaining why you are going to shoot--you're losing.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO, it is all about word & visual association. Describing a "military styled gun" as an "assault weapon" is very disrespectful for us that wore a uniform and depended on the M16 to "live another day"--but it the words "zing" and emits a very good emotion for their side.

What people visualize in their brain when words like "military" and "assault" are spoken are usually very contrasting...one good the other evil. Think "Marketing 101" meets a Mad Mother PMSing--all emotions.

That said, I know my S&W500 will do more damage than any tiny .223 lead pellets flying my way--provided I am "strong enough to pick it up" (fucker weighs 3 1/2 pounds--empty!), lol.

This doesn't make any sense to me...
Assault weapons were designed with a very specific idea behind them... To ASSAULT & KILL other humans. They were NOT designed for a day out in the woods deer hunting.

Anybody that needs more than a couple rounds to take an animal should probably go practice shooting.

AR means Assault Rifle...DUH!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Assault weapons were designed with a very specific idea behind them... To ASSAULT & KILL other humans. They were NOT designed for a day out in the woods deer hunting.

Anybody that needs more than a couple rounds to take an animal should probably go practice shooting.

wrong, per the company that makes them. AR stands for "Armalite Rifle" the company that built them for civilians. the bolt-action rifles that people think is a hunting rifle was originally a...you guessed it, a military firearm. an assault rifle if you will. so were caplock & flintlocks. just because that action has been used in a military application does not make it evil or unsuitable for other purposes. target shooting is what MOST owners of AR-15s and other semi-automatic weapons use them for. by the way...the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. DUH...:biggrin:

brown_thumb

I defer to the above post regarding what "AR" stands for. Regarding no one ever needing more than two rounds for hunting... then why are there zero two-round hunting rifles made by any manufacturer? Ever been hog hunting?

An AR can't be fired any faster than any other semi-auto hunting or target rifle. You've been brainwashed by the media.

You can easily convert one to fully auto...always wanted to. It's just a matter of replacing the switch that toggles between firing modes I believe. Seen videos of eskimos taking down polar bears and seals with them.

brown_thumb

You can easily convert one to fully auto...always wanted to. It's just a matter of replacing the switch that toggles between firing modes I believe. Seen videos of eskimos taking down polar bears and seals with them.

Just about any semi-auto can be converted to full auto. And BTW (I realize this doesn't pertain to you), I don't recall ever hearing about a shooting involving an illegally converted full auto.

For those who don't know: Full autos might be fun but they're of little use other than defending one's self from a tightly-packed army of zombies coming at you full-speed. Why? Because they're extremely inaccurate. It's far better to aim carefully.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I defer to the above post regarding what "AR" stands for. Regarding no one ever needing more than two rounds for hunting... then why are there zero two-round hunting rifles made by any manufacturer? Ever been hog hunting?

An AR can't be fired any faster than any other semi-auto hunting or target rifle. You've been brainwashed by the media.

You're making assumptions about who I am!

While I may have been wrong about the AR designation you dont know jack fuckin shit about me!

Might want to get back to the topic too instead of the dick measuring you've been doing.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
The bullet fired from one is meant to wound/kill a 200lb man and the bullet fired from another is meant to kill a 1,500lb animal. The difference is HUGE!

My dad carried a M14 in Vietnam. When I got old enough to be curious he showed me some pictures. Most of the guys had M16's but a few had M14's. I remember saying how cool I thought those M16's were and asking why his was made of wood! lol He said everyone in those pics that were issued a M16 would have traded him for his "wooden gun" in a heartbeat and explained the difference. Tactics!

A wounded enemy moans, bleeds, cries...... strips his comrades of confidence. Takes them from wanting to fight to wanting to flee. The wounded also requires men to help him. That's 2-3-4 men who won't be fighting. A wounded man costs money.

A dead man doesn't scream. His body may still strip confidence from some but it may also inspire some to fight harder. A dead man gets passed by until the battles over, nodoby tends to him. So everybody that came to fight is gonna fight. A dead man costs much less money.

It was a new way of thinking. The Russians changed to the AK74 after taking notice.

There was more.... like the improvement in accuracy from less recoil etc etc, there was also the ability to carry more ammo.

This thread seems to be getting slightly off track though.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
The bullet fired from one is meant to wound/kill a 200lb man and the bullet fired from another is meant to kill a 1,500lb animal. The difference is HUGE!

My dad carried a M14 in Vietnam. When I got old enough to be curious he showed me some pictures. Most of the guys had M16's but a few had M14's. I remember saying how cool I thought those M16's were and asking why his was made of wood! lol He said everyone in those pics that were issued a M16 would have traded him for his "wooden gun" in a heartbeat and explained the difference. Tactics!

A wounded enemy moans, bleeds, cries...... strips his comrades of confidence. Takes them from wanting to fight to wanting to flee. The wounded also requires men to help him. That's 2-3-4 men who won't be fighting. A wounded man costs money.

A dead man doesn't scream. His body may still strip confidence from some but it may also inspire some to fight harder. A dead man gets passed by until the battles over, nodoby tends to him. So everybody that came to fight is gonna fight. A dead man costs much less money.

It was a new way of thinking. The Russians changed to the AK74 after taking notice.

There was more.... like the improvement in accuracy from less recoil etc etc, there was also the ability to carry more ammo.

Sad, but EXACTLTY true....
M16 rifles, with their tiny .223 pieces of lead, were mainly designed so it's user could carry much more ammo.
The added benefit for war is exactly as described in the last comment, about wounded fighters...

DocTim420

When the "mattel" rifles (what the first batch of M16s were called) were sent to Viet Nam, there were a number of jamming issues (unlike the AK47 or M14s) due to design flaws and a poor cleaning regime. When I entered the Army we were issued the new and improved version M16A1, and was definitely the weapon of choice over the heavier and less accurate M14 (relegated to ceremonies).

LOL, there were always differences between the older "brown boot" and younger "black boot" army. The old guys always liked it "the way it was" (sound familiar?)....lol.

packerfan79

Veteran
Speaking of stupid laws...

I ran low on funds a couple months and pawned a pistol for a couple of weeks. The employee told me I had to bring a trigger lock when I pick it up. I told her that was fine but I'll just remove it as soon as I get to my vehicle. She said it doesn't matter but it's an ATF requirement. So when I picked it up I took a trigger lock and handed it to the employee. She said, "Oh it doesn't have to be installed. You just had to bring it with you." I'm thinking, 'What?? Why did I have to bring it?' BTW, I pawned a semi-automatic 12 ga shotgun at the same time... FAR deadlier than a 9mm pistol. No trigger lock require for it because it's a long gun.

That's how intelligent our BATFE is.

Speaking of stupidity, I bought a 22. Marlin model 60 it doesn't take a clip but a tubular magazine. I spent hours waiting for the gun store to figure out what lock is California approved. Oh, yeah it comes with a lock that makes it nonfunctional. The lock isn't California approved. So in the end they wrapped around cable lock around the gun. The lock doesn't work. I can still load the gun and use it with the lock on.The idiots thatmake the gun laws have no clue. I have to break the law if I want to keep my kids out of my gun.

packerfan79

Veteran

You have shown your ignorance. AR =armalite rifle. The second ammendment has nothing to do with hunting, or sport shooting. The 2nd ammendment was written as a defense of an overreaching and tyrannical government. A lever action 30-06 will do more damage than a stupid ar 15.The ar-15 preceded the m-16, the United States government found the platform appealing so it was built in to the m-16. So yes the ar-15 was designed to be a sporting gun, not a weapon for mass shootings. I find it funny/ disturbing that the people who know the least about firearms are the ones who make the laws restricting them. Did you know that one of the most antigun members of the California state Assembly, is now sitting in a California prison for illegal arms sales. The laws limiting guns cost many more lives than they could ever save. Criminals don't buy there guns legally. They buy them from corrupt politicians, and other criminals. Educate yourself before you make baseless accusations you know nothing about.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Packerfan... I admited my mistake... You're one ignorant mother fucker making comments like that toward me. Go do your homework... Read some of my posts... You ain't telling me shit!

This thread has gone completely :off2:

The last two pages are just a bunch of dick measuring...
Nothing to do at all with the OP.
If a bunch of :off2: posts get deleted... This thread would be much better.

packerfan79

Veteran
I apologize if my blunt language offends you mj passion but ignorance is a lack of knowledge not a lack of intelligence. I know that it's hard to decipher the truth from leftist propaganda. .You were wrong all I did was correct your false statements.

Last edited: