What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado marijuana users sue grower over fungicide

Miraculous Meds

some of the worst horticultural advice I've ever read in this thread. Congrats ICmag!

Then why don't u point out positive advice instead??? What exactly are u trying to accomplish with ur post?

U know I did read some positive ideas to combat mold that came from this thread, such as a better environment, airflow, keeping vpd in check.

Ill also add that I saw something the other day on using uv lighting, though I haven't researched it enough to speak intelligently on it yet. I think it shows some promise.

What I did to not get mold for years n years was to make sure airflow was moving on all plants n areas of the grow space. No whirl winds, just at least a slight movement of the leaves. Make sure u don't have too much foliage that it overlaps n causes mold pockets. Don't leave fresh/wet foliage from pruning to get moldy. I like exchanging air twice a minute in a room. for those that are sealed, just make sure circulation moves everything in the room. Always keep at least a 5 or 10 point difference between ur temp n humidity. ex: 80f/70%rh etc..., study vpd, its very important.

Basically follow airflow/exchange, temp in relation to rh, keeping things clean, making sure the outer environment isn't harboring a lot of natural mold, and u should be in really good shape, without ever adding anything to spray on a plant to control mold.

purple_man

Veteran
high fambz!

let them know bro medz :)

to be honest, i find it kinda strange, that none of this happened erlier...
good manufacturing practice and quality management is obviously devoid/alien to many croppers, sadly...

seems like the same shit that was going on in the netherlands, is resurfacing in the semi-legal scene in the states!

blessss
ps.: crumbled vicodin as a supplement, seriously???

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some of the worst horticultural advice I've ever read in this thread. Congrats ICmag!

Well you've got a firm grip on the art of overstatement, maybe it's time to devote some energy into getting a handle on reality.

There is little here to compare to a recommendation of using imidicloprid at anytime whatsoever, and yet it's not hard to find one on IC or elsewhere.

bpwilly

While it seems fairly obvious that many of the well know miticide's are not good for your health, nor real safe to use at any point on your plants life cycle. Given what recommendations the FDA, EPA or medical side of the gov have flip-flopped on in the past 10 years, it might be safe to assume not much of anything is safe for you in excess.

What about new mixes that are coming on the market? I recently tried a new product called Guardian that seemed to be very clean and did knock out the mite issue (new clones from a seller). The label stating the ingredients seemed pretty safe (Cinnamon oil, citric acid) But who knows in the long run how safe this really is when it comes to smoking the residue on the plants.

Just a thought as I sat here reading these posts.

Long time lurker!

Last edited:

hippietrapsoul

I Can't say I am surprised.......but as already state, i saw this one coming.

Another reason "BIG" weed will not take over.....not enough Quality Control....and......certainly not enough TRUST...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Basically follow airflow/exchange, temp in relation to rh, keeping things clean, making sure the outer environment isn't harboring a lot of natural mold, and u should be in really good shape, without ever adding anything to spray on a plant to control mold.
Have to agree with you. It's a process not quick solutions. Chemicals you inhale? Not me.

Yodaweed

Do you guys live in Colorado? This year we had the worst year I have ever experienced here in Colorado, the PM was out of control and you guys are COMPLETELY wrong about how to cure PM, I know , I get it. Increasing air flow helps but will do literally nothing to prevent it, the PM here in Colorado is STRONG. The only way to kill it is to use preventative sprays along with sprays that kill PM. It is in the air here, the humidity was out of control last year and we had the wettest summer we have had in like 30+ years. The PM here is insanely strong it can regrow after a Green Cure spray (which kills PM). Air flow by itself will not stop it or prevent it. Keeping things clean helps but wont stop it, only way during summer is to spray neem oil and green cure or eagle 20 or something that actually kills and prevents PM.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you guys live in Colorado? This year we had the worst year I have ever experienced here in Colorado, the PM was out of control and you guys are COMPLETELY wrong about how to cure PM, I know , I get it. Increasing air flow helps but will do literally nothing to prevent it, the PM here in Colorado is STRONG. The only way to kill it is to use preventative sprays along with sprays that kill PM. It is in the air here, the humidity was out of control last year and we had the wettest summer we have had in like 30+ years. The PM here is insanely strong it can regrow after a Green Cure spray (which kills PM). Air flow by itself will not stop it or prevent it. Keeping things clean helps but wont stop it, only way during summer is to spray neem oil and green cure or eagle 20 or something that actually kills and prevents PM.

Colorado's bigger than most European states so the genetalizations implying a statewide PM issue are false.

My gardens havent been better in the last 7 years. PM was not an issue.

The best PM prevention I've found yet is a balanced healthy soil.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Two Colorado marijuana users have sued a cannabis grower

Will the plaintiffs settle for a dab and "hemp expo" novelty tshirt?

tumblr_nrruk3boOO1qjczh3o1_500.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts