What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenHouse = Increase Security

J0sh1

Veteran
^^ I hear ya on that one.

I have seen a couple of growers down here experiencing the bud rot and its not pretty.

Its a sad sight when you see 2oz lost to rot.

Im going to sail to Jamaica in the coming weeks so im going to be searching for local strains so I can bring back to my place and give them a go.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Neptune said:
let me get you off on the right foot, brother.

no, no, and no.

You live in the carribean, you will experience mold with all of these strains. I mean, crop loss. You must get some local genetics brother, no seed company can really serve you, as most everything sold from seedbanks has some amount of skunk/afghani/northern lights in it. All these things will lead to big chunk buds that are ideal for mold growth. You must grow Sativa, and the more local, the mo betta.

Not really bro... I had much success in the caribbean with many hybrids... While you are right that humidity and rain will lead to mold, you are wrong about absolutely never being able to grow any indica/hybrids... They say we have 2 seasons rain/ dry... Those who live here know better... We technically have 3 seasons, wet, dry, and winter... summer is the longest (6 months) after the hot summer comes the rainy months (the thick of hurricane season) and finally comes winter where it cools down (for the caribbean mind you, cooling down is anywhere from 10-20 degrees cooler than the summer, which over here makes a BIG difference!) and rain is off and on... The photoperiod stays around half and half mostly year round with a slight variation of an hour and a half... I have, and many others I know have grown many indicas with much success... You just have to know your climate, and geography! I mean how do you think they grow all them indica's in hawaii??? It's almost as hot and similar there as it is in the caribbean!

J0sh... Whats up buddy, and I didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just hate when people speculate about caribbean growing... It is indeed a wonderful environment to grow MOST any strain, and eventually it will acclimate to the weather and become essentially "Caribbean"... Your lettuce looks great and I hope it becomes very successful for you... Definately try and keep your "herb" garden as stealth as possible! I think you will have a great run with the strains you selected... May JAH Bless your garden! Have you started to set up your greenhouse for herb growing??? I definately agree about keeping it secluded and away from your commercial produce opperations... Just be safe, ya know??? I also think this is going to be a very good thread when all is said and done... Much love brethren...

eugene

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Also seed started outdoors in the caribbean, goes into flowering immediately in the short seasons... They never even have a chance to get huge enough to become moldy...

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
follow your equatorial line, brother.
anything with thai or burmese in the name will rock socks
they'll be slow as shit and grow as big as your house, but you could probably get away with picking buds off the tops, as they mature, year round.
what are your day/night length variations?

cdc

m8 if ya running a business and shit like that i would keep it small....that might try that proceeds from crime stuff and lose everything.

G

Boomer89 said:
J0SH you are one lucky man..

As for what to grow, well, thats upto you. What kind of high do you like? Couchlock, or a head high? And how much potency would you like your plants to have? If your all about having a high percentage of THC, then grow any type of "white strain". White Widow, White Rhino, Snow White, etc....

If you like chillen when your stoned, then you want an indica. Normally, you wont yeild as much as you would with sativa's, but i've smoked some killer homegrown indica.. Sometimes good things come in small packages, ya know? Well.. Except for sex, lmfao.

um.. im pretty sure you've got that backwards dude. I'm no grow guru but i've always heard that indicas are shorter, faster flowering, and give bigger yields. sativas make smaller yields. i guess if you had lots of room outdoors to make a giant sativa it could probably produce just as much as an indica, but indoors or in a greenhouse where space is limited, sativas definitely produce less

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
as Neptune said, try to stay away from indica dominant plants or pretty much anything that has been bred indoors. even sativas that have been bred indoors will have to adapt to your tropical climate. the only way to get indicas going in a tropical 12/12 is by acclimatizing them first; before you acclimatize them, they just grow like single cola minis, like lowryders and veg and flower very fast. you also need the proper indica strain to adapt as well, and as said, if it was bred indoors, forget it.
much peace and good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts