What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100% newb

coldcanna

Veteran
Looking very good man you must be doing something right lol. 82 is a little high on the temp side but with such a low humidity level I think you'll be fine since your risk of mold will be much lower. There are ways to raise the humidity but I'd say if your system isn't causing any problems, don't mess with it. As far as nutrients, whenever you do need them I'd check out the General Hydroponics or the Earth Juice lines. They're both organic and are widely respected products. I'm also a new grower and I found that buying a book or 2 on growing cannabis really gave me a strong base of knowledge on the subject, Jorge Cervantes has several how-to books. Hope this helps bro

K

kupt

thanks for the tip! I actually picked up a growers book from the local smoke shop. I forget the name but I ended up with more Q's than answers which brought me here! Not much has changed in the ladies. Just getting thicker. one more week I think then clones followed by flower.

Greenheart

Veteran
Which tips and what order.

Get the extension cords off the ground.
Spend 35 dollars on a pond liner for your floor.
Invest in some reflectix.

Alot of people will be telling you methods and formulas. It is a plant do not kill it with kindness and find what works for you. I am a recycled organic living soil (ROLS) buff myself. You found the site to learn all you want to know about this plant.

*saw where you said you were using t5's keep them close to the plants. You will find a whole thread on this style lighting under the lighting subforum.

K

kupt

whats reflectix? I know about the coards, I'm bad. HAHA

I'm hitting up home depot next week. I have old laminate flooring that I will lay down when I pull the girls out of there to build scrog and paint the walls white or line with panda film.

K

kupt

well just googled that stuff. I have a roll of Panda film that I was gonna line the walls with. I assume this "relfectix" stuff reflects more light and won't absorb heat? I think come summer time heat is gonna be a HUGE factor which might cause me to move grow to basement which is a constant 65*F and the heat from the lamps will warm it up to a nice 75*. As of now my closet is staying right at 78-80*F but outside temps are only mid 70's day time highs and into 40's at night. In the summer we see high 90's. I smell trouble.

coldcanna

Veteran
With a smaller grow like that you could just get a cheap air conditioner on craigslist, I prefer the newer ones with digital thermostat because you can set the exact temperature for the room

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well just googled that stuff. I have a roll of Panda film that I was gonna line the walls with. I assume this "relfectix" stuff reflects more light and won't absorb heat? I think come summer time heat is gonna be a HUGE factor which might cause me to move grow to basement which is a constant 65*F and the heat from the lamps will warm it up to a nice 75*. As of now my closet is staying right at 78-80*F but outside temps are only mid 70's day time highs and into 40's at night. In the summer we see high 90's. I smell trouble.
move to the basement soon then....
reflectix is the bomb in my experience..

a few tips from years of growing....

read some books,get more books,read them,get online here,start reading....there is exactly one surefire way to improve your growing....learning

heres the ONLY 3 questions to ask a hydro store employee

do you product x in stock?
how much is product x?
can i get a discount if i shop frequently?

thats it,do your shopping here on icmag,someone has used whatever product it is and has all the info you need,hydro stores dont pay much,so if that person were actually any good at growing they probably dont need a minimum wage job....

keep it simple,learn the easiest method first,master it,then move on....the simplest system will make it easier to tell how you screwed up,99% of what goes wrong with plants is because of whatever you do to them....

Try to find some organic soil and nutes made for this application. Fox farms or light warrior are popular choices, or you can try one of the organic recipes. I use a modified version of Subcools super soil because all the ingredients were easily at hand, and I wanted to learn about amending/feeding the soil, living soil and microbes and all that so I can add it to my compendium of general knowledge. Purple stem is no big deal, hopefully it leads to purple buds. I'd add some perlite or something to encourage drainage as well.

K

kupt

due to an interesting week, the ladies are no longer with us. I may just be paranoid but I am taking this a a sign and pulling out of the growing biz. Thanx for all the help and advice.

Latest posts

Latest posts