in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > ʍoɹƃ uʍouʞun

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
ʍoɹƃ uʍouʞun Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2009, 06:47 AM #1
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant future
ʍoɹƃ uʍouʞun

Welcome allI've started this grow log for my current outdoor project and I'm glad you're along for the ride. I'm going to be mostly copy and pasting from my thread in the soma's forum so sorry if it's off subject by a little. In that at this point I have around 900 views and only 9 people have said anything, not saying people have to say anything a lot I'm glad they're viewing I just figured I'd thread whore a little and get this to those who will appreciate who might not be looking at just Soma's forum. Anywho with out further ado...

So I was hesitant to start this because I'm becoming more and more paranoid with the more that I continue to grow. I'm following guidelines and 100% legal, but I'm more scared of thieves than the fuzz. I'm from wonderful California and the trees seem to just grow bigger over here.

This will be a grow log for my current outdoor project. The main focus is Soma's New York City Diesel as it's been on my "to grow" list for quite a while. With summer solstice literally days away the show should begin sooner than later. I've been documenting in intervals so there's times where I missed some growth but now that I'm done traveling for the time being I should be able to keep a constant update.

Anyways I also have 2 that have already begun flowering: 1 Red Dragon and 1 Grape Ape. I also have (vegging) 2 small Katatonics (PurpleUrkle X Cheese) and 1 small Blue Dream. 10 altogether with 5 NYCD's.

I had 100% germination with 7/10 female and I'm actually very stoked about the males because I will be flowering them out and creating a cross I've never seen before Nycd X ***.

The 10 seeds were started about 2 months later than I would have wanted, but you work with what you got, so what can I do?

*MARCH 9th 2009 GERMINATION @ 12:00am in the paper towel method with a heat pad at a little over 80 degrees.

*MARCH 10th 2009 5/10 popped and transplanted to 16oz. cups with power flower soil, saran wrapped for greenhouse effect, and watered with reverse osmosis water only.

*MARCH 11th 2009 8/10 popped and transplanted

*MARCH 12th 2009 10/10 yeah!!!

Any advice, comments, pictures, questions, ect. are more than welcome. Hope you guys enjoy the show and I wish you all the very best in whatever endeavors you currently have going.

And sorry to keep dragging this on (pics are coming I promise) but I would like to thank you, SOMA for contributing your genetics and intelligence to a community that really understands and appreciates your work. Kudos to you my business hippy friend, I'm very happy I was able to purchase these seeds directly from your hands at the last HTCup. I was the one saying they'll enjoy the California outdoors and I also have the SOGOUDA on deck, I'm very happy with your gear thus far. Anyways look forward to hearing what you have to say or suggest. Until then...

Now the pics...finally...I know.
UnknownProphet is offline Quote

Old 06-30-2009, 06:54 AM #2
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant futureUnknownProphet has a brilliant future
Pictures from the night of germination....

The wonderful and beautiful beginning

Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 AM #3
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

I don't know why the pictures are coming up so small...anyone wanna buy me a flickr pro account...kidding..well kinda. Anyways these next few are from about a week in...

KEEP YOUR MUTANTS..THIS IS CURRENTLY A LOVELY DOUBLE HEADED LADY

Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 AM #4
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

Some randoms...

More later, hope you all enjoy thus far...And don't hesitate to check back I promise the show only gets better..

Peace

Old 06-30-2009, 06:59 AM #5
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

I can't give definitive dates on these, but I believe that the next batch of pictures were taken during the beginning of may so there's about a 3-4 week skip of the seedling growth. I figured although intriguing to watch any growth, it's hard to identify characteristics or growth pattern when so fresh and nubile. Anyways...

I did notice, which very well could be my own fault, that these plants were a little finicky when I was hardening them off. I normally start at an hour then for the next two weeks continually increase the time out side until they can basically handle a whole day in the sun. I had to be careful with these though for various reasons.
For instance:
*It has not been particularly favorable weather in the bay area since the season started
*One week we had freak weather of 100+ days, then suddenly back to 50-60 degrees
*It's been quite windy even on the hotter days and the area I'm in acts as a wind tunnel
*I've been traveling so their hardening off schedule was in constant limbo

Mind you I'm not trying to cut this strain down, the ladies I have going are doing perfectly fine outside as i write this. I'm more just giving a heads from my personal experience that from seed they seem to be a little bit of a slow starter and you need to treat them to a gentle hardening off. As long as you listen to your plants though I promise you'll be fine.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 AM #6
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

BEGINNING OF MAY....

2 that I transfered to grow bags, one ended up being male, the other is my beastly woman

Old 06-30-2009, 07:04 AM #7
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

This little mutant is currently a double head lovely lady, but before she got there she went through quite a transformation. My buddy said it was gonna be a dud I promised him differently, it's now his favorite plant. KEEP YOUR MUTANTS!!!!

A little overkill on the pictures I know, but I just love mutations in plant structure.
Last but not least #10 the little seedling that could, this one was previously the deformed leaf sick looking seedling, she looks fine now.

Enjoy....updates coming soon....

Old 06-30-2009, 07:05 AM #8
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

MID MAY

At this point there seemed to be slight variations in growth pattern as far as height,smell, leaf shape ect. I was done hardening off the plants, and they seemed to take pretty much any thing the Cali weather was throwing at them, including a freak weather week of 100+ then back to 60s. I ended up transplanting 8 of 10 and gave the remaining two to a close friend to possibly mother out or use or to use in our personal breeding project, depending on sex.

Mind you I only have ten pre dug out holes in the plot that these are going in to, well actually nine, but decided I could fit ten. Any more and it would become over grown and I had enough trouble last time around with seven. Although this season I'm starting much later than I would have wanted, so it will definitely effect the size and over all yield that I would have liked to achieve.

Sorry for the ranting essays; the next batch of pictures will be the days right before transplant....

Looking very Indica dominant in the leaf formation

Looking very Sativa dominant in the leaf formation

Most had a Sativa dominant look with the blades of the leaves looking sharp and serrated like the back side of a huge rambo knife. Very sexy.

The Group Shot

Old 06-30-2009, 07:06 AM #9
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

Last day of hardening off...looking about ready to bust out of the cabinet...

"The mutant"

Chillin on the balcony...

More coming soon....Proph.

*I'll show transplant pics and catch you all up soon........ʇǝɥdoɹd uʍouʞun

Old 07-01-2009, 03:11 AM #10
UnknownProphet
ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

My previous grows make me think they could have used a better up bringing, some T-5's or a Metal Halide not to mention bigger pots, so I'm not blaming Soma or his genetics, but at 8 weeks I found these to be somewhat slow growers. Regardless they were healthy, just not as large as I would like, all's well though good ol' mother nature will take care of that. So as far as my outside area, it's an area I've previously dug out with stairs that this year got changed it to ramp-esque walkways. 3 on the left 4 in the middle and 3 on the right.

3 on the Right:
TOP: RED DRAGON
MIDDLE: GRAPE APE
BOTTOM: SOMA'S NYCD

4 in the Middle:
TOP-BOTTOM: SOMA'S NYCD

3 on the Right:
TOP-BOTTOM: SOMA'S NYCD

The soil I used there previously was all organic, but I used a new batch anyways for fear of something in the mix I wouldn't want. Anyways the mixture I used to fill the previously dug out holes was as follows:

*18 Bags of Power Flower
*6 Large Bags of B*Cuzz Coco
*4 Large Bags of Large Chunk Perlite
*A bottle of Granular Mycorrhizal
ALL MIXED BY YOURS TRUELY<3<3<3LOVE GETTING MY HANDS DIRTY

Wow I'm looking at the pics that I'm about to post from transplant and after being out there today I gotta say NYCD love's CALIFORNIA! They have been flourishing under less than suitable weather conditions.

Red Dragon

Grape Ape

Most Indica Dom looking plant; below the grape ape (this one ended up being a MALE)

Most Sativa looking plant, bottom of the middle row (FEMALE)

"Double Header" (FEMALE)

2nd to top in the middle row (MALE)

Top of the middle row, most vigorous plant of the bunch I though would be male but... (FEMALE)

Now I got my pictures mixed up and maybe backwards on this, but I believe this is the top of the right row (MALE)

Middle of the right row (FEMALE)

Bottom of the right row (FEMALE)