What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO pics :D

l33t

Veteran
Hi all

There was a bit of some fine sugar trim that was laying around from my mate's recent harvest so we made some BHO , and here are the pics

:rasta:

l33t

Veteran
Hey Chiefsmokingbud

the trim was from Shiva Shanti II and Sensi's Indoor Mix plants ,

couple of pics from the buds from the harvest:

and here is some more oil pics from last night's new batches , the spherical pieces (far left and far right in the pic) were made with frosty trim and the rest 2 were made with less sugary trim:

Last edited:
C

cbf

I think you just inspired me to make more BHO..what butane was that and how did you purge it (how long etc) man that looks sweet..

l33t

Veteran
cbf said:
I think you just inspired me to make more BHO..what butane was that and how did you purge it (how long etc) man that looks sweet..

Glad the pics were inspirational cbf

The gas was Vector Gas :

http://www.vectorkgm.com/catalog/template.cfm?template=(quintuplus)/refill-13.html

butane_main.jpg

I purged the oil with a sewing needle , took me around 3/4 - 1hr till it was ready . Turned out quite solid/hard and manageable, its almost like a hard chewing gum in terms of softness at room temp , not sticky and its very tasty and strong . 0.15- 0.2g got me and my mate very very stoned and for several hrs . I think I m gonna make some dry sieve kif or bubblehash and mix it with the oil cause I really love jellyhash .

beautiful

I can see that the trim was most likely sativa dominant..my girl and I used cured blueberry sativa nugs and got a perfectly transparent 'white' oil. Vector is very good gas, you can get this white oil too, but you need to sacrifice some buds(not trim) and don't break them up for the first run(just pack it), the butane will just take the first resins off which when done correctly will leave the clearest most trippy oil you've ever seen. redefines the meaning of a heady high.

l33t

Veteran
Hiya there Trancerman

Well the plants were quite indica leaning actually , only one of the 9 girls was sat dominant yet still no where near sativa looking as my Nevilles Haze which is 3/4 sat (3/4 haze & 1/4 NL#5), I d say the the plants we got the trim were like 60/40 - ind/sat , all were short/squat n bushy and were quite fast too ,most finished at 8-9weeks of flowering.

As for white oil and buds, well I 've made numerous times oil from unbroken buds and never got the oil to be white/clear.Better that oil made from trim though. One time I had run 14-15oz of 6 month cured trimmed buds from an african sativa and got some great oil but wasnt clear/white. More like honey like in color , very similar to tree resin. Hard and smelled very strong too.

I dont know why the oil got clear/white perhaps it has to do with the trichome maturity or due to strain.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
less mature is lighter for sure. strains really dictate color of oil too. freshly dried material yields light colored oil than stuff left to age a long time as well.

S

SevenSeeds

Hmmm, thats some fine looking BHO....personally I`ve stuck with iso...If I do very quick runs with good weed or kief and coffe filter I fine its almost the same as my friends BHO, ISO is just so much cheaper and easier to deal with I find I still have alot of fucking trim to process Im gonna have to buy 50 bottles if iso :( peace

BHO oil looks better and better the more pictures I see. For those of you that smoke medicinally, do you think its too much to use it as a day-time smoke?

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i dont smoke medically per se, but i do smoke religiously all day every day, butane oil extract. about at least a gram a day, as supplies permit.

Wfw1

Using it medicinally would depend on your tolerance. If you smoke good bud during the day and it dosn't affect you adversely then you will be able to handle BHO. If your unsure try it at home at night before bed in case it packs more of a punch then you think. :) You'll only need a couple drops.

i wish my hash oil looked like this. the guy i got it off is quite reliable..always has good weed..and apparently the hash oil was made from the same bud he always sorts me outwith.

but my hash oil has a really chemical smell...he told me it smelt like butane but i dunno what butane smells of. its also very dark brown and sticky. most places ive read says it should be clearer if all the leaves etc have been taken out properly.

is it possible for it to be any good?i have't actually tried it yet. i might just give it back to him since he lets me do that;

Wfw1

If the oil is good you should smell bud but chances are it could still be fine, if it smells like isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) then you may not want too, do you have a picture you could post? That would help greatly. One possibility is who ever made it could have used cheap butane like Ronson or something that has a chemical in it that has a similar smell to the smell they put in natural gas, so you can detect it if it leaks, this chemical can leave residue in your oil and give it a bad taste and make it harsh, as for weather it's harmful to you or not it's not exactly known.

I'm pretty sure I've smoked oil made this way way back when and all I remember is that it was harsh and tasted bad but I had no immediate ill effects, if I'm gonna die from butane cancer in 20 years that's a different story but I didn't turn orange and keel over or anything so your probably okay, take a pin and take some out and spread it on a rolling paper, when it's thin is it a yellow-ish amber or is it green when it's spread out.

If it's green it means some of the chlorophyll (the chemical that makes your plants green) was extracted out and it's probably lower quality.

I hope this helps if you have any other questions feel free to ask.